why am i such a random dps'er? i'm a fire mage by Alfred Neuman - Page 2 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > World of Warcraft
Reload this Page why am i such a random dps'er? i'm a fire mage
Page 2 of 3
kazan
VeteranXX
Old
21 - 01-29-2011, 04:54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mael View Post
Combustion helper is really a great mod. And EJ crunched a bunch of numbers which apparently say that it's better to wait on combustion until you get a really big ignite from Pyroblast, even if you don't use combustion each time it's available.

But ya... gear has a lot to do with fire. Frost is still more consistent for me, and for progression, I pick consistency.
You could be fishing for a big pyro crit for half the fight with current gear. :\

Sponsored Links
TechnoDonut
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
22 - 01-29-2011, 11:07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Volcanic View Post
You could be fishing for a big pyro crit for half the fight with current gear. :\
Yeah. Self buffed I have about 24% crit. With raid buffs, it's nearly 30. And STILL the pyro procs can be rare. Annoying.

TechnoDonut
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
23 - 01-29-2011, 12:03
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdreNaLiNe View Post
WTF, seriously. But I do. It's the only way I can make it through raids bro. You must understand. :\
After 3 beers, I stop caring about sticking to rotations, watching CD's, and paying attention to fire. My performance falls off considerably. I'm far from a lightweight too.

I enjoy raiding too. You, obviously, do not. So why do you come?

9er
VeteranX
Old
24 - 01-29-2011, 12:16
So what do three beers do to you then if you're "not a lightweight" yet lose the ability to focus/perform trivial tasks correctly?

Alfred Neuman
Futbal Expert5
Contributor
Old
25 - 01-29-2011, 17:36
my problem is that with lvl 88+ npcs i rarely get hot streaks going. i know my hit is still low and not at the softcap (im at 13.5%)

TheGhost
VeteranXV
Old
26 - 01-30-2011, 01:23
is all your **** reforged properly?

Feannag
VeteranXV
Old
27 - 01-30-2011, 03:44
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnoDonut View Post
After 3 beers, I stop caring about sticking to rotations, watching CD's, and paying attention to fire. My performance falls off considerably. I'm far from a lightweight too.

I enjoy raiding too. You, obviously, do not. So why do you come?
Adren dealt with a lot of **** in TW guilds, possibly since TBC (I know know about WotLK-Ulduar, but there was talk of past content, etc.) A lot of times he got fed up with a lot of people's **** about raiding, performance, etc. I'm surprised he is still playing, he enjoys raiding when everyone is competent and aware, etc. When people slack off he gets frustrated.

Smaqaho
VeteranXV
Old
28 - 01-30-2011, 17:54
Everyone enjoys raiding when everyone is competent and aware, it's just too bad we don't live in a perfect world so you'll never find that in WoW. The game when simply playing is completely different from playing as well as leading (or helping to lead) raids. I hope to never do it again, but if I'm still playing when people start to quit again I'm sure I'll end up organizing **** again and hating every minute of it outside the couple hours the raid is actually in combat.

For leveling what would be the best spec for a mage (~10-85)? I started a lowbie not long before Cataclysm was released and only got to maybe level 20, but I'm laid off this week so I might work on that instead of just doing dailies and logging.

Adroit
VeteranXX
Old
29 - 01-30-2011, 18:00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smaqaho View Post
Everyone enjoys raiding when everyone is competent and aware, it's just too bad we don't live in a perfect world so you'll never find that in WoW. The game when simply playing is completely different from playing as well as leading (or helping to lead) raids. I hope to never do it again, but if I'm still playing when people start to quit again I'm sure I'll end up organizing **** again and hating every minute of it outside the couple hours the raid is actually in combat.

For leveling what would be the best spec for a mage (~10-85)? I started a lowbie not long before Cataclysm was released and only got to maybe level 20, but I'm laid off this week so I might work on that instead of just doing dailies and logging.
Frost

Witch
VeteranXV
Old
30 - 01-30-2011, 18:19
3 beers? How horrible alcohol tolerance do you have. Seriously, I can drink twelve-pack and still consider myself "sober".

although

I'm Finnish.

nuff said.

Mael
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
31 - 01-31-2011, 14:06
I've never understood the thought that being able to drink more than someone makes you better. It just means you have to spend more money on booze.

Lately I've been sipping on a bourbon and coke while raiding. I'm DEFINITELY a light weight. But that means I can buy a nice bottle of booze and have it last, instead of power drinking kirkland brand by the liter.

And I've found a nice warm buzz makes the raid more enjoyable and I'm more relaxed.

MountainDewMike
VeteranX
Old
32 - 01-31-2011, 14:43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mael View Post
I've never understood the thought that being able to drink more than someone makes you better. It just means you have to spend more money on booze.

Lately I've been sipping on a bourbon and coke while raiding. I'm DEFINITELY a light weight. But that means I can buy a nice bottle of booze and have it last, instead of power drinking kirkland brand by the liter.

And I've found a nice warm buzz makes the raid more enjoyable and I'm more relaxed.
Because it's the same mentality as the fraggets (frat boys) have when they come to class bragging how they "pounded a 12er, bro!" They neglect to mention it was Coors Light and you metabolize the meager amount of alcohol faster than you can consume them.

I'm not sure what the deal is with bragging about drinking. I usually drink Pale Ale or Guinness and I can feel it after one on an empty stomach. Three and I'm good. Four and I consider myself drunk. More than that within a couple hour span and I'm probably going to yack.

I'm with you, I enjoy being able to afford higher quality liquor and actually enjoy it for a while than just drinking for the sake of getting drunk. That **** was fun in college when they had $1 drink specials every night of the week (<3 Chico) and getting hammered allowed me to fuel my delusions of going home with scantily-clad sorority whore instead of getting baked on the couch and playing Mario Kart with synth's fatass all night. These days I'm content to sip on a glass of scotch.

Shopper47
VeteranX
Old
33 - 01-31-2011, 14:58
Here in Soviet Canuckistan our Alcohol has 5% beer in it.

TechnoDonut
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
34 - 02-01-2011, 06:39
i honestly didn't think that my comments would spark any discussion, much less this many on this sub-forum. you people have issues.

9er
VeteranX
Old
35 - 02-01-2011, 11:58

Feannag
VeteranXV
Old
36 - 02-02-2011, 09:51
When you get old enough getting drunk loses its appeal you find a good buzz is all you need. I'm more of a beer-drinker, I never touch the spirits because to me they have no flavor. But a good brew, like partaking from a growler from a local brewery, and even a half-reasonable dinner and you can get a good, warm buzz going for a few hours. Am I a lightweight? Yep I am, but I think it's better because it costs you less.

Infinite
VeteranXV
Old
37 - 02-03-2011, 18:22
still reppin arcane mage homies

3rd worst spec in the game right now. I'm a-okay in heroics averaging 9-10k dps. still need the 346 wand. wish i had more time to play.

wonder if reduced mana cost of AB coming in next patch will help boost this cata neglected spec ((((

Xapz
VeteranX
Old
38 - 02-03-2011, 22:59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smaqaho View Post

As said before... Frost. Anyone who says otherwise is wrong.

Perfect Prime
Veteran++
Old
39 - 02-04-2011, 03:19
Is arcane really not used that much? My mage is 83 atm and I average like 12k dps in dungeons and can hit like 16k on boss fights pretty easy.

Does it really drop off that much endgame?

Data
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
40 - 02-04-2011, 04:54
Shard of Woe puts Arcane so far ahead that people are wondering if Blizzard balanced the spec around it.

But that doesn't mean much if you're not downing Sinestra. Otherwise it's the bastard spec of the Mage class again.

Page 2 of 3

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > World of Warcraft
Reload this Page why am i such a random dps'er? i'm a fire mage

Social Website Bullshit