An updated code.lasthope.cs

Yes the patchergui is the transchat thing.

The 1.35 andrew mem.dll is/was an experimental version of his lasthope that "they"
are/were using. It is/isn't in active development anymore. It may/may not be required
to play on any servers so its possible that its presence in anyone's configuration might
no longer be required anyway. So if we were to decide to kick for it - theoretically -
since it is deprecated it shouldn't be a big deal other than removing it from ones config -
again theoretically.

I said deprecated.

16aczvb.jpg

so polate still hasnt been patched out?

that is very lame...

[14:05] <alarik> you have that chat.cs script
[14:06] <alarik> that has all the extra animations and local sound sright
01[14:06] <Dare> yah
01[14:06] <Dare> :)
[14:06] <alarik> dc
01[14:06] <Dare> i really really really really
[14:06] <alarik> dcc
01[14:06] <Dare> really really
[14:06] <alarik> dcccc
01[14:06] <Dare> really really
01[14:06] <Dare> really
[14:06] <alarik> like your new setup
[14:06] <alarik> :eek:
01[14:06] <Dare> want a local celebrations
01[14:06] <Dare> kill pop or something
01[14:06] <Dare> and also flag taunt
[14:06] <alarik> a kill pop?
01[14:06] <Dare> but i cant find any that are stand alone
01[14:06] <Dare> when u kill someone it animation taunts
[14:06] <alarik> ahh
01[14:06] <Dare> or when u grab a flag
[14:07] <alarik> let me think about that one
[14:07] <alarik> remind me next week
[14:07] <alarik> cause im heading to pittsburgh shortly
[14:07] <alarik> haha thx
[14:08] <alarik> ill send you terps
01[14:08] <Dare> really
01[14:08] <Dare> AWESOME
01[14:08] <Dare> idk if i need anymore
01[14:08] <Dare> i have autoaim kinda now
[14:10] <alarik> how
[14:10] <alarik> i was serious about terps
01[14:11] <Dare> really
01[14:11] <Dare> y
01[14:11] <Dare> when did the latest bypass get released
01[14:11] <Dare> =/
[14:12] <alarik> i dont terp
[14:12] <alarik> but i have itlol
01[14:12] <Dare> who did u get it from
[14:12] <alarik> cause im helping bugs test and patch it out
[14:13] <alarik> snake lol
01[14:13] <Dare> does snake still use it
[14:13] <alarik> idk
01[14:13] <Dare> who is making it for snake
[14:13] <alarik> i hope not
[14:13] <alarik> emjay made the one that got released
[14:13] <alarik> nes*
[14:13] <alarik> ones*
[14:13] <alarik> i only got it like a week ago
[14:13] <alarik> anyways
01[14:13] <Dare> i thought bugs already patched it
[14:13] <alarik> its getting patched out
[14:13] <alarik> its almost patched
[14:13] <alarik> still fixing some last minute tweaks
01[14:13] <Dare> oh gay
01[14:14] <Dare> so ive been playing with ppl who have interpolate this whole time
01[14:14] <Dare> ?
[14:14] <alarik> yes
[14:14] <alarik> lol
01[14:14] <Dare> sigh
[14:14] <alarik> yea hence your association
[14:14] <alarik> and accusations
01[14:14] <Dare> oh i thought ppl were joking
01[14:14] <Dare> LOL
01[14:14] <Dare> hahahahahaha
[14:14] <alarik> no rofl
01[14:14] <Dare> so u mean im really being fingered for interpolate?
[14:14] <alarik> i dont think so
[14:14] <alarik> you arent on bug's list
01[14:14] <Dare> idk how i would get it
[14:14] <alarik> but you are on past lists from andrew
01[14:14] <Dare> snake hates me
[14:15] <alarik> well
[14:15] <alarik> sleepy
[14:15] <alarik> started the whole mess of accusations
01[14:15] <Dare> oh
[14:15] <alarik> by admitting to using
01[14:15] <Dare> i am on past lists from andrew
01[14:15] <Dare> i used the bypass
01[14:15] <Dare> the first one
01[14:15] <Dare> wayyyyyyyyyyy back when nofix released it on tw
01[14:15] <Dare> i was not playing base then
01[14:15] <Dare> i had it for some shifter servers that were trying to get 1.30 working
[14:15] <alarik> yea
01[14:15] <Dare> i even emailed andrew about it
01[14:15] <Dare> i went into a base server to test it out
01[14:16] <Dare> he still put me on his cheater list
01[14:16] <Dare> i did not even play for longer than 20 minutes
[14:16] <alarik> thats all
[14:16] <alarik> andrew's isn't recent
[14:16] <alarik> but anemix is going by that doling out retardness
[14:16] <alarik> lol
[14:16] <alarik> i wouldnt worry about it
[14:16] <alarik> since i got some tips from you etc
[14:16] <alarik> my chains on fire
[14:16] <alarik> the restart chain
[14:16] <alarik> is the biggest help ever
01[14:16] <Dare> i had no idea how to play base
01[14:16] <Dare> yah i am just good with chaingun dood i do not cheat
[14:16] <alarik> i dont think you do
[14:17] <alarik> i know copa didnt
01[14:17] <Dare> i am not socially networked enough to get them
[14:17] <alarik> i dont think snow would
01[14:17] <Dare> niether is snow or copa yah
01[14:17] <Dare> we all just keep to ourselves kinda
[14:17] <alarik> he is too dumb to use it
01[14:17] <Dare> i always want to talk to snow
01[14:17] <Dare> but he is never on irc anymore
01[14:17] <Dare> so idk how he could get it
01[14:17] <Dare> i msg ppl in irc lots and they ignore me
01[14:17] <Dare> lol
[14:17] <alarik> yea i know
[14:17] <alarik> yea
[14:17] <alarik> yea
[14:17] <alarik> ive got his cell around here somewhere
[14:17] <alarik> well I WONT
[14:17] <alarik> WE CNA BE FRIENDS
01[14:18] <Dare> u have snows cell???
01[14:18] <Dare> his name is jon rite
[14:18] <alarik> yea

i have interpolate i coded it myself it works really good my interpolate is super strong

by the way i am on andrew's list ROFL

guys your IP patch is bad, rofl are you still using it?
dont you understand that the leaked version was not complete? there isnt even support for pft in it. can you please forget about the IP enabler now? it was done when i had no clue about tribes.... ITS NOT COMPLETE, YOU DONT HAVE A WORKING IP BYPASS. enjoy your laggy game, idiots.

Last edited:
bugs:
there are some additions to the wsfix, I've added the possibility to watch demos out of 7z archives and store your recordings directly into the 7z format. (its using temporary rec files for playback rather than an improved demoread function, see the readme for more information ).
why am I posting this here?
because to shrink down the list of false postives. I had some testers recently.
It's no addition to the wsfix itself but there is no need to have 1000 different loaddll Tribes.exes

Last edited:
Well if you continue to add things to make the false positive list unmanageable
then you will force those of us that want to run clean servers to get a lot more
heavy.

I had spoken earlier about the likelyhood that we'd have to kill your wide screen
"patch" in order to save tribes. I was not joking.

I'll take a look at your new wsfix but it has reached the point where I won't spend
weeks of time trying to find ways around the false positives you inject. I've already
spent way too much time on it - BUT - I did learn something very important in the
process so I suppose its not a total loss.

I would like to ask something without getting flamed...I know everyone here is against interpolate, but I would like to point out something and Nofix, correct me if I am wrong. I had never used this up until about 2 years ago, after hearing about it. The first time i used it I noticed I no longer lagged and players did not look laggy, and immediatley when I dropped it from the auto exec, motion sucked again and players were choppy...I am not condoning anything, but I always figured this was put in to reduce player lag, not to help chain gun, I mostly use disc. What I mean is, why the hell would anyone want to see players move around like they do without it? Someone please inform me of what it does other than help the game run smoother... Also, on a side not Milk Man, I really like your config...but since I only play spawn I cant use it, but I do use your skins...Thank you ahead of time for any feedback and hopefully no yelling at me!

I'd implment a ( as andrew would say ) proper ws-fix if I could get more info on what it does. I don't have a ws-monitor for testing, so until then I guess you're stuck with mj's crap.

Well if you continue to add things to make the false positive list unmanageable
then you will force those of us that want to run clean servers to get a lot more
heavy.

I had spoken earlier about the likelyhood that we'd have to kill your wide screen
"patch" in order to save tribes. I was not joking.

I'll take a look at your new wsfix but it has reached the point where I won't spend
weeks of time trying to find ways around the false positives you inject. I've already
spent way too much time on it - BUT - I did learn something very important in the
process so I suppose its not a total loss.
You learned something new about a 10+ year old dead game. I'm pretty sure it was a total loss if you think about it.

[youte=Gravity_Kills]I would like to ask something without getting flamed...I know everyone here is against interpolate, but I would like to point out something and Nofix, correct me if I am wrong. I had never used this up until about 2 years ago, after hearing about it. The first time i used it I noticed I no longer lagged and players did not look laggy, and immediatley when I dropped it from the auto exec, motion sucked again and players were choppy...I am not condoning anything, but I always figured this was put in to reduce player lag, not to help chain gun, I mostly use disc. What I mean is, why the hell would anyone want to see players move around like they do without it? Someone please inform me of what it does other than help the game run smoother... Also, on a side not Milk Man, I really like your config...but since I only play spawn I cant use it, but I do use your skins...Thank you ahead of time for any feedback and hopefully no yelling at me![/quote]Without getting too technical, the game tries to guess stuff's position in order to make movement appear smoother. That's it. Some people prefer the default settings, some don't.

bugs, u might want to check out this thread

Tribes playable in a browser on instant action by Got Haggis? - TribalWar Forums

:popcorn:

Some questions you might want answered :
  • GarageGames purchased the ownership of the Tribes IP (all Tribes games) from Activision/Vivendi late last year.
  • We do have the source code to the game, and the build has been updated with bug fixes
  • Andrew has been working closely with us on it
  • The build will be distributed through the website, but still playable as a standalone game.
  • The game will use the existing Master Server system that the original game used. We will provide a new master server address with the release.
  • The game is not compatible with version 1.11 but you should be able to play the same demos as recorded on previous versions
  • Mods and configs used in 1.11 will not be directly compatible, without at least minor changes, as the base game scripts have been cleaned up considerably by Andrew
  • The game does NOT have updated graphics, this was a PR misunderstanding. The game does support modern file formats (PNG textures, Zip files)

Back