An updated code.lasthope.cs

no fuck that

there should not be any sort of handicap privileges awarded to people with higher ping

just because you have a higher ping does not mean you should be able to chain like someone with a 32 ping.. sorry, if you really want to chain well then fucking work at it and dont rely on some bullshit game setting

i have played with all sorts of different pings, and the people that feel like they should be allowed to fuck with certain settings because of their location make me laugh, it is pathetic.. shout out to the foreign retard cheaters

[/dutchmode]

Making a balanced game doesn't mean making it good for YOU.

When they added sniping to the game they didn't think about anything other than that it would make the game fun for beginners. Being picked off easily by some nwb 400m away is something we learned to accept for the good of the game(the specs on that weapon should be updated too if you ask me).

When I changed the chain bullet count and damage on SoA I had everything to lose personally since I always played LD and had good ping. In fact those who complained the most were not the great players but the kids and the lamers.

Most people did seem to accept though that I kept the scores relative to the impact of the weapons and skill level needed to handle them (which meant close to zero for chain and laser ;] ), so it almost ended up good anyway. Rewarding team play and actual skill became the euro way. =)

the only thing i am worried about is seeing all of this anticheat stuff start to bog down the game and give me trigger lag.

i am going to make a thread in general discussion about interpolate/forward time

it should probably be legal, but then again i haven't played with it in about 5 years so im not sure if it will change anything

i remember when milk used to use it in arena that he was about 20x as good as he is now tho.

it wouldnt be bad giving all the retards a performance boost, maybe the game would be fun again (not that milk is one of those retards, he just posted in the thread so i figured id use him as an exmaple)

no fuck that

there should not be any sort of handicap privileges awarded to people with higher ping

just because you have a higher ping does not mean you should be able to chain like someone with a 32 ping.. sorry, if you really want to chain well then fucking work at it and dont rely on some bullshit game setting

i have played with all sorts of different pings, and the people that feel like they should be allowed to fuck with certain settings because of their location make me laugh, it is pathetic.. shout out to the foreign retard cheaters

Not to be rude here but that is retarded.

That's like saying let's have a race from the west coast to the east coast. The only catch of course is that you have to start from the state you currently live in and at the same exact time as everyone else. Even if the talent between all participants is identical some have a clear advantage. In other words, how you gonna bring a knife to a gun fight? Good luck with that..

All terp does is make the game as close to fair as possible. I wonder how many lpb's playing today would still play if their pings suddenly, and permanently were pushed over 80. And for the record Dutch, this isn't a personal shot. I know you're currently an hpb.

I think the Vista patch should be illegal, wtf people how come you get both the newest OS and Tribes, fuck you.

Also they should outlaw using more than 3 mouse buttons, fuck those cheating fags with more buttons to use.

Oh and of course any resolution above 1280x1024 should be an instaban too, fuck those fucking hackers with bigger monitors.

Breaking news, dipshits, computer gaming isn't fair. Get over it.

Wait what? I'm using mj's widescreen fix (the one released after the initial injector version). Am I tagged as a cheater now?

mj is there a newer cleaner wide fix version out? Can't test and compare your link at work.

where did I say, or even imply, that all cheats should be legal?

learn2read?
Sorry but you seemed to be complaining about the concept of things being considered illegal and unfair and that we should just accept that life isn't fair. ;) It's ok, I know you were just trying to be funny.

Wait what? I'm using mj's widescreen fix (the one released after the initial injector version). Am I tagged as a cheater now?

mj is there a newer cleaner wide fix version out? Can't test and compare your link at work.

Initially I thought so yes - there were 5 guys running a funky tribes.exe that emjay
had distributed with his widescreen fix. He has since released a new version that
does not include the funky tribes.exe. In any case that particular release is internally
whitelisted and those 5 guys have been removed from THE LIST (which may or may
not exist depending on who you believe).

Someone clued me in to this "patchgui.exe" thing which may explain some of the
unusual results I have been tracking lately.

It may or may not be masking the leaked or not leaked emjay terp.

Even though patchgui.exe is written in visual basic I would like to see source if
anyone has it. I would also like comments from anyone familiar with the
Tribes_GUIPatch.exe image - what it was for and if it is similar to patchgui's intent.

How would people feel about kicking for hudbots prior to 5.15?

How would people feel about kicking for the 1.35 andrew mem.dll?

Back