T1 with better graphics?

Well just to throw my 2 cents, interpolate was not meant to be an adjustable value I believe by the dev team. They had made artwork for the interpolate button which woulda probably been in the network settings but the fact that it was never implemented means either they felt it shouldnt or just didnt do it.

FOV on the other hand is in the config file in plain view. So I am guessing they wanted the players to be able to change this setting. There is no setting for interpolate by default in any of the configs.

So, FOV yes, Interpolate, no.

Last edited:
i wonder how quickily the anti-interpolate weiners would disappear if someone suggested we cap ping and fps as well :p

and i think i have a few things to tweak with the radar and i should be able to release..

n9ne said:
aka "not how tribes was meant to be played" ...

your same (poor) logic could be applied to interpolate to create reasons why it should be left in, doesnt mean it should be
It'd probably be best if you stop trying to use your brain for thinking.. It was obviously designed for talking w/o rational thinking.

n9ne said:
if screwing with the mechanics of tribes is fine then why did he take interpolate out :shrug:

im really sorry that i get the impression that andrew does whatever is best for him... ie taking out interpolate when he is one of VERY FEW people who chain well without it

if you still couldnt tell by now, all im asking is what makes interpolate any "worse" or any more of a cheat than adjustable FOV
keep in mind andrew "released" the $net::interpolatetime variable to the public

then take into account the thousands of faggots whining about "interpolate" being a cheat, and blaming him for killing tribes

then think how "turning interpolation toggling off" would be best for him, and not the community..?
I see a severe lack of logic in that assumption of yours

posr said:
Well just to throw my 2 cents, interpolate was not meant to be an adjustable value I believe by the dev team. They had made artwork for the interpolate button which woulda probably been in the network settings but the fact that it was never implemented means either they felt it shouldnt or just didnt do it.
They implemented it as a variable, and created artwork for it (client-side prediction wasn't in Tribes before 1.13 patch), yet never got around to "implementing" it into the artwork as Dynamix was forced to drop work on Tribes, and start working on Tribes Xtreme, which later became Tribes 2..

There's just a larger amount of morons who don't (and aren't willing to) understand what Interpolation is and does.

im done arguing in this thread except for one thing, random, if u cant understand why it would be to andrews advantage to eliminate interpolatetime=0 (being a good chainer at 64), i think your brain is the one not doing much thinking

n9ne said:
im done arguing in this thread except for one thing, random, if u cant understand why it would be to andrews advantage to eliminate interpolatetime=0 (being a good chainer at 64), i think your brain is the one not doing much thinking
Who are you, and why are you posting here. You contribute with nothing.

neehl said:
except no
interp made chain on pubs and in matches goddamned ridiculous. maybe if all of you had been around when tribes 1 was an awesome game, you would realize how sweet it is. but you weren't. so all you've got is this watered down version of a game that used to be great.
in conclusion please stop telling us what is and isnt good for the game

Dangit. Now you're pulling the newbie card. I guess I lose.

I believe I already made the point why it was bad for the game, but you seemed to have completely missed that. I also never even suggested it was good for the game, but that it's nothing more than a visual preference the same as FOV. Did you read anything I said?

i got a idea why not just fix the chaingun where its hard even with interp. then they can interp all they want. cuz you know there just going to find away around lasthope if they havnt already.

Shinigami said:
Dangit. Now you're pulling the newbie card. I guess I lose.

I believe I already made the point why it was bad for the game, but you seemed to have completely missed that. I also never even suggested it was good for the game, but that it's nothing more than a visual preference the same as FOV. Did you read anything I said?
i wasnt talking to you at any point. pretty sure i was agreeing with you.
did you read anything i said?

Back to original thread title, I WANT MORE SCREENIES !!! Need to see that beautiful T1 with better graphics ! of course I wont be able to take advantage ;(....

Back