Simo0wnz tribes video

Gundamflare said:
One of the main reasons why I like tribes is not because of the luck factor...I don't percieve it as luck. To me, the tribes series is 45% adaptation, 45% improvisation, the other 10% is compensation. Those are the real 3 elements that Tribes focuses on, IMO of course.
Yes, but to say you totally predicted a guy at 600m's movements enough to hit him with over 70% accuracy, every time is bullshit. Anything over 100m is luck.

Everybody whiffs 2-3 (or more) shots before most of their "big" MA's, they just don't include it in their phat videos so you think they're better than they are.

I see very few of the players who made videos hitting anything with any consistency, although that's partly due to most good players not going for any "insane" MA's (except Ares, who still whiffs a lot despite being one of the best).

luck...all depends on how you look at it.
A sniper from a mile away has luck?...if he hits his target, thats luck? the target has about a second and a half to move..and we dont call that luck.
I dont understand how it is ALL luck unless you just shoot randomly.
It is simply an opinion.
and believe me, im not shooting for the best,..yet...:)

We aren't saying its all luck, but in watching the video, I saw you shoot many times up to 6 shots before you hit the capper. (Beleive me, I do it too.) But its proving that this game is very dependent on factors we don't control.

HomeSlice,
I can definetly see where you are coming from, but there is definetly a flaw in your logic. As a client to the game, we are only given a graphical display of where and when objects/players move, of course, we can't force other players to fly into our discs, but what we can do is watch their movement and compensate for it. That is what you call luck i'm assuming, however, I cannot agree. Moving your hand/mouse/brain to where the capper/enemy should be is not at all luck, its a skill that has to be developed only after months even years of how tribes avatars move and flow throughout the map. Sadly, we cannot be given the xyz coordinates of every avatar on a server, so we cannot do it mathematically, but we can use SKILL to assume where they are going and then to click our mouse button.
Hope that made some sense, not really at all here today ;)

going to go play frisbee, there better be a good argument waiting for me :)/

I liked it overall though I think maybe some other song could have made it better (although I love NIN)

also liked the flag toss where you had the recordings from 2 diff people. :bigthumb:

v20...before you call shots easy, you make a movie...and NO if you are just comparing it to perro or whatever
and fight, dont know if we makin it to florida...
texas to nebnaska probably...

After watching that movie the first word that came to my lips was...
piiinnnngggggg
Sorry, I'm just letting it all out... :(

The snipe shots were ping as stated above, and so where a lot of the MA's, the quick reaction ones at least.

The zoom speed nearly made me sick. I felt nauseus (spelling?) when you kept changing your weapons, zooming in and out and that crosshair
/me barfs

I don't mind NIN, but I don't think that was their best song, but music was sweet enough.

I don't think the shots are luck. It may have taken him 6 shots to get a guy, but each shot I'm pretty sure he was adjusting his aim etc. So its a bit like trial and error.

my ping is about 80-120 average...so im not a ping whore
the zoom speed is just smooth zoom..nothing drastic..
if that makes you puke how does other fps games not?

[meph]DooM! said:
Everybody whiffs 2-3 (or more) shots before most of their "big" MA's, they just don't include it in their phat videos so you think they're better than they are.
Included in mine

[meph]DooM! said:
I see very few of the players who made videos hitting anything with any consistency, although that's partly due to most good players not going for any "insane" MA's (except Ares, who still whiffs a lot despite being one of the best).
oxymoron.

Back