[T1 Release] Viking Pack 4.0

Shin i like ur chat hud pass that along plz :) .. msg me in irc #fish .

Another thing, Runar how do i make it STOP crouching when i zoom ?

btw mavz0r you should use the skins which are in the file of vp4.0 and NOT ur own <3

that's why ur energy/health bar is fucked

Foodey said:
btw mavz0r you should use the skins which are in the file of vp4.0 and NOT ur own <3

that's why ur energy/health bar is fucked

well my VP3.3 setup used the 3.3 skins, the only skins I used were for weapons, trails, explosions etc not Huds/bg's

Runar, please fix the ski bug. It's impossible to play, when you grab the flag and try to ski home only to drop from 50 or so fps all the way down to 15...It only does that when I hold ski down :(

Mav said:
well my VP3.3 setup used the 3.3 skins, the only skins I used were for weapons, trails, explosions etc not Huds/bg's

Runar, please fix the ski bug. It's impossible to play, when you grab the flag and try to ski home only to drop from 50 or so fps all the way down to 15...It only does that when I hold ski down :(
First of all, it's not a bug. You'r computer can't handle the value of the "ski-delay".

Preferences.cs, change the ski-delay.

And you did NOT rename your skins directory:

Q: How do I install this?
Rename your Tribes\base\skins and Tribes\config directory. Then extract the zip file to your Tribes directory, with subdirs on.

Yo runar what's the difference between the ski settings anyway

EDIT: btw great pack it gives me a lower ping aswell :O

Last edited:
Mav said:
I hate to say it...

But so far, I'm liking 3.3 better. I had 3.3 set up exactly. 4.0 has so many little, urks, that are hard to reset to what you had them at.
Then you should revert to your old version.

Mav said:
Example, starting 4.0, brings me to the main T1 screen. When I'd start 3.3 it'd be at the server listing screen.
That has nothing to do with VP. It's a setting in clientprefs.cs.
Code:
$pref::quickstart = "false";

Mav said:
Example, in 4.0 the smaller energy/health bars are neat but they kinda overlap and don't look good...
Press "k" and move them, again.. has nothing to do with this version, it's the fact that you run a lower res. then I do. (my play.gui is in the zip-file..)

Mav said:
alot of shit, is not even working. example, ingame and in my prefs, my fire is bound to my left mouse button. Yet ingame, I press the button and I dont fire, wtf?
If you enabled Chainzoom, and then disabled it, you need to bind "Fire weapon" again in options. Has nothing to do with this version either.

Mav said:
I join a game, and I have to hit escape to make the MOTD go away, then manually join a team via Automatic just so I can spawn in (pressing fire doesn't do shit).
Read above.. if the motd stays, vote yes.

Mav said:
I have my sky set to regular in the preferences.cs yet ingame the sky is off, wtf...
Code:
// * We don't want any sky do we?
$pref::skyDetail = "0";
$pref::starDetail = "0.000000";

Mav said:
*sigh* please tell me 4.0 is not super buggy if so I'm sticking with 3.3 which worked fine for me
No, it's not. The problem is right there behind your keyboard.

Mav said:
and can we PLEASE have a way to move the chat hud to the top? Im running a small res, taking up room on the side of the screen for the chat isnt helping me ;\
Use "tree();" and move it. Click on the "commander-version" to disable, then use the "k" feature to move it, the make it transparent again.

wrEk said:
This is awesome except for one thing: I run this long enough and it just crashes, where my normal Tribes (all z0dd) never has done that.
Mav said:
k i fixed the bad huds problem

now the only thing left is

why oh why, does it drastically slow down when I ski? I get a fine 40 fps normally, but when I ski it drops down to like, 15 or less ;\

prolly cuz the jump delay in ur prefrences.cs is too, low its at .00035, try setting it to something a bit bigger

mumixam said:
prolly cuz the jump delay in ur prefrences.cs is too, low its at .00035, try setting it to something a bit bigger

VP 3.3 default was .003
I set my 4.0 to .003 from .00035

still gets the uber fps lag when I ski :(

Last edited:
TricKStyLe said:
after I dl'd and installed im having problems joining servers whenever I goto join a server I just finish loading and I see a glimpse of the map and it crashes someone pls help.

also I get an error saying it doesnt recognise viking::fire or something in my tilde.

fuck mav hes an idiot help me make this shit work. btw it loaded RC fine but SB it crashed on.

Back