Reload this Page Next stage of life
Page 5 of 10
Amadeus
VeteranXX
Old
81 - 10-01-2017, 07:41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayn View Post
I'm not comfortable with having another child (I honestly don't know how anyone does this) because I would rather have one kid that is completely financially secure than two who are kinda 'meh'.
Children without siblings have a gigantically bigger chance of ending up in prison or a mental institution.

Just sayin'.

Sponsored Links
JuggerNaught
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
82 - 10-01-2017, 07:55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Validuz View Post
I pretty much **** on every single point you attempted to make before you even made it.

Funny enough, even your own **** links said you're wrong:
"Two recent studies support this link at least associatively, but experts remain uncertain if age is the cause of these problems."

Autism is a joke.

"Mental illness" = nurture. Old people (moms and dads) don't raise children well.

You don't know what you're talking about.

As for the old women having children: ridiculous to say the least. I can absolutely guarantee that there is a ****ton of leftist bull**** going on for this to even be continued to be tested. How many thousands of years have we known that older women have a slew of problems giving birth past 40? Literally all of history? Oh, well now it's wrong! It's like linking to a research article about man causing all global warming/cooling/whatever. It's political bull****. They know women, as dumb and gullible as they are, are catching onto the fact that their ovaries are shriveling up and they want to "scientifically" pat them on the back and say that "it's okay to wait until you're nearing menopause to have kids!!"
except that you have no actual data or proof and I do.

JuggerNaught
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
83 - 10-01-2017, 07:57
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeLiaL View Post
most mental illness is [probably] genetic

or is it just a coincidence that gene-specific medicines are used to treat people

and juggs can't even understand the **** he posts... your damn link said that the lower risk is probably because the babies don't make it to term--in other words, the risk is basically just as high (if not higher) than a lower age group, but it is not realized bc more of the babies are probably dying before birth

Yeah...thats not really how the data work out, but since you apparently are all knowing, I'm sure you figured that out by now

BeLiaL
VeteranXX
Old
84 - 10-01-2017, 08:08
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingSobieski View Post
She wants to go to work. She can make 2x my salary and I can stay home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2 x 0 is still 0

TechnoDonut
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
85 - 10-01-2017, 09:52
Like most diseases, there are genetic and environmental factors that influence the development, course, and severity of mental illness. It's not either/or; you're all right. Check out the Stockholm adoption study from the 80's and subsequent similar work on alcoholism. Or the multiple GWAS linking certain polymorphisms to schizophrenia.

Humanity's understanding of genetics is pretty superficial at this point. Even for minority of diseases for which we understand the exact genetic cause (Trisomy 21 causing Down syndrome, A to T switch on the beta globin gene causing sickle cell, delta F508 on the CFTR gene causing cystic fibrosis), there are still huge variations in phenotype that we do not fully understand and that, once again, probably have both genetic and environmental determinants.

groove
VeteranXX
Old
86 - 10-01-2017, 13:49
why have juggs and validuz done so much reading about downs syndrome

BeLiaL
VeteranXX
Old
87 - 10-01-2017, 14:30
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnoDonut View Post
Like most diseases, there are genetic and environmental factors that influence the development, course, and severity of mental illness. It's not either/or; you're all right. Check out the Stockholm adoption study from the 80's and subsequent similar work on alcoholism. Or the multiple GWAS linking certain polymorphisms to schizophrenia.

Humanity's understanding of genetics is pretty superficial at this point. Even for minority of diseases for which we understand the exact genetic cause (Trisomy 21 causing Down syndrome, A to T switch on the beta globin gene causing sickle cell, delta F508 on the CFTR gene causing cystic fibrosis), there are still huge variations in phenotype that we do not fully understand and that, once again, probably have both genetic and environmental determinants.
this

except we're not all right, bc Val thinks it's only "nurture"

Captain Tele
Veteran³
Immigrant
Old
88 - 10-01-2017, 15:44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
Children without siblings have a gigantically bigger chance of ending up in prison or a mental institution.

Just sayin'.
were you an only child amadeus

because i want everyone to turn out normal like you are.......

30's watching kids cartoons is the new normal imo

can't wait for new my little pony movie coming out (said man beard guy without kids)

Amadeus
VeteranXX
Old
89 - 10-01-2017, 16:18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Tele View Post
were you an only child amadeus
No, which explains why I'm so well adjusted.

Captain Tele
Veteran³
Immigrant
Old
90 - 10-01-2017, 16:20
LOL

oh yeah

fine tuned i would call it

Amadeus
VeteranXX
Old
91 - 10-01-2017, 16:23
that pic is revolting

everyone knows applejack is best pony

bowl of blood
Veteran++
Contributor
Old
92 - 10-01-2017, 16:27
is that the gay one or the tranny

coombz
VeteranXX
Old
93 - 10-01-2017, 16:45
Applejack is the one with the southern accent

Captain Tele
Veteran³
Immigrant
Old
94 - 10-01-2017, 16:46
when i saw the new trailer for my little pony movie

i knew there would be more excited 30 yo single neck beards than children going to see that

and that is when i cried a little inside

Validuz
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
95 - 10-01-2017, 17:02
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuggerNaught View Post
except that you have no actual data or proof and I do.
No, you didn't. Your own ****ing links said there's no evidence, just an association.

My reply is that it's nurture. Nurture affects genes, you ****ing retard. How do you not know this?

What 60-year-old man is helping to bring a child into the world, then at 70 and 80, raise a young man/woman that is psychologically sound? I would bet any amount of money that someone raise by old people are far more likely to be ****ed up, just like any child raised by a single mother or broken, ****ty, or progressive family.

Genetics are very important. Nurture is just as important, if not more.

Last edited by Validuz; 10-01-2017 at 17:05..
Validuz
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
96 - 10-01-2017, 17:04
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeLiaL View Post
this

except we're not all right, bc Val thinks it's only "nurture"
I never said that, retard. I said older men don't have problems creating healthy children. I said that his linked study is dubious and probably has political reasoning behind it. E.g.: Trying to get "science" behind the unfortunate reality that your shriveling ovaries aren't going to produce offspring forever, so stop worrying about your career and get in a stable relationship with a man.

Validuz
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
97 - 10-01-2017, 17:05
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayn View Post
I have a 3 year old daughter, I don't regret it, but I will say it is definitely hard. I have a hard time getting things done with my commitments to my daughter and work. There's no more "me time" which is something I always needed a lot of. That's why I'm staying up later every night and getting by on 2-3 hours of sleep. Also, it's going to cost a LOT of money. I'm not comfortable with having another child (I honestly don't know how anyone does this) because I would rather have one kid that is completely financially secure than two who are kinda 'meh'.

the frustrating part is while you're sacrificing so much for your child, at the same time you have to realize they don't understand or appreciate it, and they probably won't until 30 years down the line when they have kids. at least that was how it went for me.

kids are so stupid hard I don't know why everyone has them. i mean i remember thinking, "well how different could it be?" 3 years later I have completely different priorities.
You don't have a stay-at-home mom?

coombz
VeteranXX
Old
98 - 10-01-2017, 17:07
nope

Rayn became a beta male when he tied the knot

FeelsBadMan

SuperTrap
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
99 - 10-01-2017, 17:09
Luckily all that **** Rayn said hit me early and scared the **** out of me. I struggled for years and the thought of adding 2 mouths to that, wife and kid, was more than I could bear.

Not ripping on anyone, just very very glad I didn't do it. and I don't know what I am missing so meh

coombz
VeteranXX
Old
100 - 10-01-2017, 17:15
the human race thanks you profusely, StupidTrap

Page 5 of 10

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Next stage of life

Social Website Bullshit