[Mega] MAGA Super Trump Mega Thread

for the record you won't hear me arguing that government contracting isn't loaded with cronyism and exploitation, but it's really measured on a case by case basis. This seems like a classic case of a small company taking advantage of an emergency to overcharge desperate people when larger companies were avoiding taking on the immediate tasks. There's nothing to indicate they aren't capable beyond their size as of yet, nor is there any evidence of cronyism beyond loose connections in an industry chock-full of them.

Enough to know that a less than 2 year old company, with 2 employees, and less than $200k in annual revenue with direct ties to Ryan Zinke shouldn't have been awarded this contract, bid or no-bid.

I also know that the staffing rates are absurdly bloated. $330/hr for a site supervisor? $319/hr for a lineman? $462/hr for a supervisor? $332 per night for a room for each person? These are almost double the rates of similar roles in active war zones.

The rebuild will look something like this:
- Whitefish will pocket $100m and subcontract out the work to a slightly larger buddy's company
- Second buddy company will then pocket another $100m and subcontract the actual work to a barely capable company, who will have zero incentive to actually complete the work with any sort of quality or in a timely manner.
- When it inevitably fails, and PR has been robbed and left with 1/3 of it's power infrastructure completed, the R's will tout that this is why nothing should be handled by the government, and that we should privatize everything.

Am I close?
That sounds super accurate actually.

It sounds exactly like every other thing the government does.

It's almost as if you're agreeing with me and other small-government advocates that the government should be as small as possible and have as little of our money as possible to spend?

Wow. So weird!

lulz
2202843415f8ef7dd6f2cc2821be4c9d.jpg

That would be a simpleton's pov; it isnt my fault some people cant grasp something more complicated than addition or subtraction, fair v. unfair, etc.

Being a very fair and sporting person, I think you deserve a chance. Perhaps you can explain why there should be a [much] higher tax burden when those who have more wealth already pay the lion's share of taxes?

Youve indicated that you have the intellect to do so and we all look forward to witnessing your alleged brilliance on the matter.

:)

Listen kid, anyone spewing the benefits of trickle down economics isn't worth spit on shit. Any "discussion" would reflect that.

Anyone calling taxes on the rich "theft" on the rich as being "unfair" while their disposable income grows each year, and while a larger proportion of the entire fucking economy is being captured (top 10% ovwn 80% of wealth) is a bit of a sick fuck and shill and probably as useless as tits on a boar. Recent "discussions" have reflected that.

Anyone who labels all taxes as having the same utility, or someone who cannot see the intrinsic difference between disposable and non disposable income has probably been so poor that they dont' know the difference. Why talk with someone who isn't well adjusted or isn't successful? Previous "discussions" have reflected that.

Anyone who calls "white privilege" a "social construct" probably has the appearance of a gremlin and won't understand this concept since it hasn't happened to him, nor ever will. Further, since he's a narcistic little fuk dwelling troll like in a basement apt. he wont' be able to imagine a good looking white male asking the McD girl for a replacement coffee cause he spilled his and are sad. Boohoo. But she comps a coffee and gives him a free donut. Any discussion would reflect a limited world view and lack of imagination on behalf of one of the participants (you). So why have a "discussion" when the other person's world view is limited by the view of his basement apt? Might as well have a "discussion" with a goat.

At any rate, it is for these and other reasons that I will treat you with the contempt that you deserve.

Have I cleared up why I won't be having any further "discussions" with you? Hope so! :rofl:

maxresdefault.jpg

All Chicago needs is more guns laws.. that will fix everything.

And again I ask.. fire faster than what? Faster than a unaided trigger? You can fire as fast as a bump stock

Something that makes the rifle fire faster than it is capable of? Well that is impossible isn't it?

So if the rifle is capable of firing at bump stock speeds but not faster than the rifle is capable of... doesn't that mean bump stock would still be legal?

Illinois Democrats advance ban on 'bump stocks'; Republicans call the effort too broad - Chicago Tribune

Democrats advanced legislation Tuesday that would ban trigger modification devices that allow guns to fire more rapidly, saying stricter regulations are needed following the mass shooting in Las Vegas.
Supporters led by state Rep. Marty Moylan, D-Des Plaines, said the measure is designed to prohibit the sale and possession of “bump stocks,” which were used by the Las Vegas shooter to allow semi-automatic rifles to mimic fully automatic weapons.
However, opponents led by gun rights groups contended the proposal was too broad and would apply to common modifications, such as putting an after-market trigger on a firearm.
“This bill would essentially prohibit, or outlaw, in our rough estimation, 50 percent of the firearms out in Illinois today,” said Todd Vandermyde, a lobbyist for the National Rifle Association. “This may be a response to what took place in Las Vegas, but the net result is criminalizing a lot of very common things gun owners do to modify their guns to make them shoot better, to make them shoot more accurately

Oh I see... it has nothing to do with anything but a blatant gun grab from law abiding citizens

Enough to know that a less than 2 year old company, with 2 employees, and less than $200k in annual revenue with direct ties to Ryan Zinke shouldn't have been awarded this contract, bid or no-bid.

I also know that the staffing rates are absurdly bloated. $330/hr for a site supervisor? $319/hr for a lineman? $462/hr for a supervisor? $332 per night for a room for each person? These are almost double the rates of similar roles in active war zones.

The rebuild will look something like this:
- Whitefish will pocket $100m and subcontract out the work to a slightly larger buddy's company
- Second buddy company will then pocket another $100m and subcontract the actual work to a barely capable company, who will have zero incentive to actually complete the work with any sort of quality or in a timely manner.
- When it inevitably fails, and PR has been robbed and left with 1/3 of it's power infrastructure completed, the R's will tout that this is why nothing should be handled by the government, and that we should privatize everything.

Am I close?
Nailed it.

also lol at $300Mn no bid contract can you say "eco-rape."

way to go Donny t drainer of the swamp :attention

Back