221 - 11-09-2017, 01:03
thibs looked like he expected a closer game than he got tonite w/ kd being out

Sponsored Links
1teaminlondon
VeteranX
Old
222 - 11-09-2017, 01:11
idk why u guys hatin on the thunder so much

westbrook, steven adams, 0% ft shooter roberson, carried the bag of peanuts that was their team to the playoffs last year, on their way to an MVP and a fairly even match up with houston.

they traded a couple peanuts for melo and pg13, and now for some reason y'all postin like the thunder could actually be worse ?? ya they're struggling, most teams with new rosters struggle. so what. its russel ****in westbrook, pg13, melo, steve adams, i mean come on.

jerry
VeteranXX
Old
223 - 11-09-2017, 11:18
Why? If they’re going to play isolation basketball, they should run it through Westbrook every possession. That’s why they made the playoffs last year. He’s good enough to do it.

Carmelo and, for the most part PG, aren’t. They’ll keep losing because it’s just a rotation of bad possessions.

KittyCat
VeteranXX
Old
224 - 11-09-2017, 11:34
Remember when the Knicks didn't have carmelo and lin balled off this is same thing

Melo running iso ****s everything up gg

1teaminlondon
VeteranX
Old
225 - 11-09-2017, 11:46
becasue they're clearly not playing iso basketball. according to bball reference, all three of them are each averaging 17 shots a game . changing an offense that was entirely dominated by 1 player to now having 3 guys taking an equal amount of shots takes time. not to mention the shorter training camps this year.

we saw similar problems when lebron first formed the heatles. lebron and wade tried to share the ball equally and it didn't work out so great (that whole batman/robin narrative). bosh had to lose out on production and stats. saw it again with kevin love. god forbid anyone remembers the nash/howard lakers.

will okc finish the season with all 3 dudes averaging an equal amount of shots? i really doubt it. is it that hard to revert their offense and have their #1-4 scoring option be westbrook? i feel like it isn't but Pg13 probly won't re-sign if that's the case. so they're working it out and trying to find something that works.

and jerry ur whole thing about westbrook is his usage rate is so insane he is like a guaranteed injury. well, again according to basketball reference, his usage rate is currently lower than it was when he was playing with durant

1teaminlondon
VeteranX
Old
226 - 11-09-2017, 11:56
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyCat View Post
Remember when the Knicks didn't have carmelo and lin balled off this is same thing

Melo running iso ****s everything up gg
kotz you and anyone who believes the melo is cancer narrative plz answer this for me

the biggest reason melo on the knicks was a disaster because:

A). he stupidly demanded a trade that ended up forcing the knicks to trade 95% of their assets, hamstringing the team with bums and a bag of peanuts. (which i would like to note is a big part of how they ended up with the high draft pick they got the zinger with)

B) his GM and coach all went to war with him in the media calling him out publically and trying to get him to loosen up on his no trade clause

C) melo is just a vapid black hole, both mentally and on the court. taking a page out of the andrew bynum playbook, he cares more about money than winning, the team, or basketball itself and is a cancer to the team

D) ???

KittyCat
VeteranXX
Old
227 - 11-09-2017, 12:06
He did fine in international basketball when he was taking perimeter shots and playing different.

When he plays iso it ruins the offense scheme especially with multiple players that play same style.

I don't think it's the end of the world they need more time to mesh but this was predictable just like I predicted the bulls would be bad with Wade &, Butler lol (you thought it was be ok I said disaster)

Me and Jerry have been more right about our predictions than you tbh

We both said ok was going to have this issue and looks like we called it again not hard to predict

Last edited by KittyCat; 11-09-2017 at 12:09..
1teaminlondon
VeteranX
Old
228 - 11-09-2017, 14:06
how was last years bulls not ok? they made the 8th seed and were up 3-1 in the first round until rondo went out

idk what ur definition of "disaster" is but we seem pretty far apart on it

Last edited by 1teaminlondon; 11-09-2017 at 14:38..
jerry
VeteranXX
Old
229 - 11-09-2017, 18:22
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1teaminlondon View Post
becasue they're clearly not playing iso basketball. according to bball reference, all three of them are each averaging 17 shots a game . changing an offense that was entirely dominated by 1 player to now having 3 guys taking an equal amount of shots takes time. not to mention the shorter training camps this year.

we saw similar problems when lebron first formed the heatles. lebron and wade tried to share the ball equally and it didn't work out so great (that whole batman/robin narrative). bosh had to lose out on production and stats. saw it again with kevin love. god forbid anyone remembers the nash/howard lakers.

will okc finish the season with all 3 dudes averaging an equal amount of shots? i really doubt it. is it that hard to revert their offense and have their #1-4 scoring option be westbrook? i feel like it isn't but Pg13 probly won't re-sign if that's the case. so they're working it out and trying to find something that works.

and jerry ur whole thing about westbrook is his usage rate is so insane he is like a guaranteed injury. well, again according to basketball reference, his usage rate is currently lower than it was when he was playing with durant
None of them can catch and shoot.

Lebron, Wade, and Bosh were all pretty good at that. Bosh made it his entire offense for a few years.

The Thunder will keep losing.

Also, Westbrook***8217;s coming injury isn***8217;t because of his usage rate. Just look how hard he runs and lands. His knees are ****ed. It***8217;s only a matter of time before he takes final form as Steve Francis!

Last edited by jerry; 11-09-2017 at 18:33..
jerry
VeteranXX
Old
230 - 11-09-2017, 18:27
df

Last edited by jerry; 11-09-2017 at 18:29..
Edofnor
VeteranXX
Old
231 - 11-09-2017, 18:44
plz don't put a hex on westbrook's knees that is v cruel

cancer
VeteranXX
Old
232 - 11-09-2017, 21:20
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyCat View Post
The Carmelo effect

Guy is a cancer
i dont think it's fair to put carmelo's entire legacy on his play with the knicks.

he did a lot of good in denver.

KittyCat
VeteranXX
Old
233 - 11-09-2017, 23:03
I don't hate Carmelo but if he plays iso it ruins the team

Like I said he was fine on Denver and in international

You can't put two iso players together and have them click tho gg

HelenKeller
Blind BitchXV
Contributor
Old
234 - 11-10-2017, 01:04
nuggets!

Dutch
VeteranXX
Old
235 - 11-10-2017, 01:08
nuggets couldnt win a playoff series with melo

he would always start doing stupid ****

HelenKeller
Blind BitchXV
Contributor
Old
236 - 11-10-2017, 01:15
pg13 shouldn't be getting fewer touches than melo, at the very least

KittyCat
VeteranXX
Old
237 - 11-10-2017, 01:16
It's fufu basketball analysis

Lol

Edofnor
VeteranXX
Old
238 - 11-10-2017, 01:20
nuggets were better after melo

trufax

MC Hamster
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
239 - 11-10-2017, 05:08
As I'm sure has been noted before, they're three excellent players but they're not three excellent teammates. Their games just don't really mesh. Sure, they can adjust and make a go of it, but none of them will really be playing their natural games, and won't be at their best.

It's like the whole post-dream-team 'dream teams' that just threw a bunch of all-stars together who went on to be massively underwhelming. All-stars are great and all, but to be excellent together you need their games to mesh. As much as the game has morphed in recent years away from what most consider of the traditional 1-5 archetypes, you really need guys out there with complimentary skillsets that can work with each other, rather than getting in the way or standing around like a lump taking up space.

MC Hamster
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
240 - 11-10-2017, 08:27
Watching the replay of OKC/Denver at the moment, and looking at the box score, it kinda bears out. Melo's picked up 28, but at 50% he's burned a lot of possessions to get there, and with a big zero in the AST column. Can't have a PF that won't pass out in this day and age, especially one that's missing every other shot. Westbrook's throwing up garbage (1/6 from outside!) and only has 5 assists to even it out - in fact, the whole team's only picked up 16 assists to Denver's 27. League average at the moment is 22.3. George wasn't a whole lot better, though his D makes up for things to some extent.

I don't doubt they'll figure something out if they genuinely want to, but that's the thing. They're all capable of making this team a very serious contender, but they need to be willing to adjust and sacrifice their individual games a little for that to happen. Melo has a pretty evident track record of "me before team", George isn't far off (his conflict with Bird over playing at #4, and changing his jersey number to be more marketable???), Westbrook... I dunno, the guy got that "never again" triple double average on his way to MVP, but as has been mentioned - the entire offence was built around him. Still, it only got them to #6 in the west, and they got stomped in the playoffs.

Those three will all have to put their own personal games on the back seat if they want the team to succeed. I think it'll take something pretty drastic for that to genuinely happen, though.

Page 12 of 28

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [NBA] 2017-2018 Regular Season

Social Website Bullshit