Lets say your house/apartment burned down tomorrow by Goshin - Page 6 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Lets say your house/apartment burned down tomorrow
Page 6 of 6
slogg
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
101 - 05-25-2010, 22:29
I dont have renters insurance, id be pissed that I lost all my clothes but then Id by a new TV and a new bed and blankets and go back to what im doing now

Sponsored Links
Fatman
VeteranXX
Old
102 - 05-25-2010, 22:45
I lost all my **** once. ****ers on the third floor left candles burning in the bathroom
after a party. Caught the shower curtain on fire. When it broke through the roof and found 70 years of layered tar it was over.

Lost everything I owned. I had no money to replace it.
I got some clothes from good will, my folks lent me a grand and
the local red cross set me up in some emergency housing.

Learned my lesson. Had renters insurance ever since, and now I probably over insure, but I know if it happens again I'll be covered and then some.

telos
VeteranXV
Old
103 - 05-25-2010, 22:58
I'm insured and could replace pretty much everything right away. All of my important files(pictures,scans of tax documents ect) are backed up to a computer at my parents place and theirs are backed up to a computer at mine. I don't really have anything that is irreplaceable at my house but as soon as that starts to accumulate I plan on getting a huge gun/fire safe.

something like this:
| Sentry® Safe | GM2459C 24-Gun FIRE-SAFE Combination Lock Safe (Matte)

proton
VeteranX
Old
104 - 05-25-2010, 23:28
i have renter's insurance, probably a little less than what i would need to replace everything in my apartment...but if it all burned i wouldn't replace all of it. i'd replace the furniture and some of the electronics (tv and computer, surround sound, possibly xbox but thats it), maybe like half as much clothing as i have now and some of the random stuff i own (sports equipment, luggage, etc)

i'd be most upset about losing the contents of my harddrives (i should do a backup at my parents house at some point) and a few irreplaceable things. most of the other **** i wouldn't really care all that much, its all pretty generic stuff

jonb
VeteranXX
Old
105 - 05-25-2010, 23:33
I have renter's insurance that covers all my possessions in my residence, but I should walk around with a video camera to make sure I have my stuff documented.

blackie420rx
he with no title++
Old
106 - 05-26-2010, 00:26
I'm covered to well over what my home is worth, but I now sort of wonder if I am not underinsured because of the cost of things I have. I think I will take Goshin's advice and do a walkthrough with a video camera, and take pics, and document everything, with model numbers and serial numbers, where possible.

Thanks Goshin!

Goshin
GriftKingXX
Old
107 - 05-26-2010, 00:31
documentation is tantamount
i work in the best company more or less and we require a good bit of docs on some claims
serials and things allow us to properly quote a new item for you too, for best like kind and quality.

as well, you have structural insurance and contents insurance on homeowners insurance, both are different and you can set them to differing amounts.
homeowners/renters should cover your stuff anywhere in the world
so if you have homeowners, i dont know why you'd also need renters for stuff in a storage locker
i'd check with your agent whoever had 2 insurances to see if you're double paying when you dont need to be

Phantred
VeteranXV
Old
108 - 05-26-2010, 01:23
I stay pretty heavily insured, cars and boat are done under full stated value and I don't have a note on those anyway, home insurance is way over what I payed, and even more over what I owe.

No life insurance(no wife, no kids), but I do have disability, and health. If I died my dad would have to cover my funeral costs and handle the my house, but even in a ****ty market I have a butload of equity and a reallllly tiny mortgage payment. Plus there would be boat\car\bunch of flat screen tv's, monitors, electronics, top of the line power tools, etc

Goshin
GriftKingXX
Old
109 - 05-26-2010, 01:30
cant get life through your employer?

Phantred
VeteranXV
Old
110 - 05-26-2010, 01:32
self employed, life is cheap anyway, i just dont really need it

life insurance is to replace you as a provider, or at least to cover your expenses. I wouldn't be leaving expenses behind, and I'm not a provider yet. Once I'm married I'll be getting life insurance immediately.

edit: and if I was to die young, it would almost certainly be from a car wreck, in which case my car insurance does provide a lot(relatively) of life insurance.

mjoe
VeteranXX
Old
111 - 05-26-2010, 01:36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
documentation is tantamount
i'm not sure you know what this word means

Goshin
GriftKingXX
Old
112 - 05-26-2010, 01:39
true that

wrong wordage
^5

Mindflayr
VeteranXV
Old
113 - 05-26-2010, 01:41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
i work in the best company more or less
Don't you work for State Farm?

Did you know they Insure over 40 millions customer, more than Progressive and Geico Combined.

telos
VeteranXV
Old
114 - 05-26-2010, 01:42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantred View Post
self employed, life is cheap anyway, i just dont really need it

life insurance is to replace you as a provider, or at least to cover your expenses. I wouldn't be leaving expenses behind, and I'm not a provider yet. Once I'm married I'll be getting life insurance immediately.

edit: and if I was to die young, it would almost certainly be from a car wreck, in which case my car insurance does provide a lot(relatively) of life insurance.
I don't know how old you are but if you get it early you can save yourself money in the long run.

Goshin
GriftKingXX
Old
115 - 05-26-2010, 01:59
get life after 25 but before 30

it's a sweet spot for good rates
mind, i'm aware of the place i work's position in the industry, as well as our ethical dealings and focus on satisfaction with claims handling/other handling

Madend
VeteranXV
Old
116 - 05-26-2010, 03:01
work gives me more kinds of insurance than i knew existed

EcKoPwnZ
VeteranX
Old
117 - 05-26-2010, 03:13

Page 6 of 6

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Lets say your house/apartment burned down tomorrow

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
fire beans , fire took my stuff , goshin , i cant stop burning , lol dude , odio is a fucking retard , odio is fucking hot , shit thread shit poster , strega and taxi analsex , they took my house