VANSTER!!!!?>@@@@ CONFIRM DENY

:cheers:

I've heard it said these addictions are like child birth for women..if we could vividly remember the pain of the next day/hangover we wouldnt do it.

I woke up at like 9 am somehow today. Had a pretty good breakfast at a diner, then planned on making today a Sunday Funday by going to the bar to watch the games all day. Instead i fell asleep for 7 hours.

No, no natural high, although I did put on a fair amount of weight the first year I was dry. Food tasted awesomely good. It took running 2300 miles last year to get it back off, and learning to eat small again. Now that I'm addicted to exercise again, weight isn't a problem. Being predisposed to addictions, particularly things in white culture that Indians have only been exposed to for 150 years or so, is still a natural selective force on us, hear me out: Alcohol has been in white and arab culture for millennia, so those individuals predisposed to drinking themselves to death, have been Darwined out for the most part. You still have face-down-in-the-alley winos, but not nearly as many, proportionally as we do. Alcohol has only been with us for 150 years--after the deaths from influenza, small pox, and war with y'all, it is acting on a population with only a tenth or so of the numbers it had 200 years prior- hence the high rate of Indians that drink themselves to death.

Alcohol was invented as sugary wine and mead (low alcohol content), then circulated through European populations slowly, allowing the selective force to take place rather gradually. We, on the other hand, were given Jack Daniels and Stolichnaya straight away--the addictive properties setting their hooks immediately.

So for someone like me, already past the halfway point in life, it's easier just to change my addiction to something that's not going to hurt me as much. I know psychologists, and touchy-feely social science students will say that I need to change who I am, to really be free. My answer is that I'm lazy and don't want to; I didn't want to join AA and change my addiction to God, but I did want to stop being a drunk. . .soo, I just took an inventory of things I used to be good at, which is endurance sports, and decided to go back to it.

A lot of people are going to nay-say my solution and say I'm still sick or whatever, but I really don't care, as my drinking record speaks for itself. Four years dry, no relapses, and I run every day--even when I was nursing a second divorce and a stress fracture. Compare that to the average AA person that drinks gallons of coffee, smokes like a chimney, and relapses 2 or 3 times a year. If they want to say they're better off psychologically than me, that's fine. I'd rather be where I'm at.

Lol.

Did you just blame your addiction to alcohol on the white man bringing it to you? Let me guess, you had no control over you putting that shot down your mouth?

Vanster, you drank alcohol because of reasons unknown to us, however I can tell you, the driving force wasn't some uncontrollable urge because it hasn't been "naturally selected" out of your gene pool.

Lol.

Did you just blame your addiction to alcohol on the white man bringing it to you? Let me guess, you had no control over you putting that shot down your mouth?

Vanster, you drank alcohol because of reasons unknown to us, however I can tell you, the driving force wasn't some uncontrollable urge because it hasn't been "naturally selected" out of your gene pool.

I don't think he excused his addiction, he just tried to explain the high rate of alcoholism for American Indians.

no no, I'm completely responsible. Not my genetics, not my circumstances, nor my problems, not bad luck, not good luck, nothing. It was all me. And like Phantred said, I'm saying that *as a population* alcohol is still doing some weeding out.

Bullshit faggot. You have at least 2 threads on the front page at any time. How about you go fuck off for 1 week and let your pussy rest. Don't worry, your girl tits and exciting updates about jack shit wont be missed.

Good Thread.
Not done with this thread but fuck you.

But on the other hand, I'm also taking the credit for climbing out. Not God, not AA, not some pamphlet I read, it was just me. I'm the director of my life, not fate.

Whatever works! :D
I never understood the folks say you have to do it a certain way or for certain reasons.

Alcohol is so addictive it's scary. It annoys me that people refer to the cumulative chemical evils as "drugs and alcohol" as if alcohol isn't a drug, but rather something separate.

Weirdos.

Alcohol is so addictive it's scary. It annoys me that people refer to the cumulative chemical evils as "drugs and alcohol" as if alcohol isn't a drug, but rather something separate.

Weirdos.

Heaven forbid that people consuming a legal substance to excess be lumped in with those that are criminals from their illegal chemical addictions. That would be...immoral!

UPDATE: I now learned that my roommate and I fought some people at the party we were at. He has a black eye, my stomach feels like it was punched. Neither of us knows how it turned out though.

I also threw up all over his frat house's porch.

Back