Official bionic spine thread.....

Mitchdubai

Poop
Veteran XV
So, 2 spinal discs removed from my neck and replaced with titanium implants. C5/6 and C6/7. Seven hours of surgery made especially complicated because they have to go in through the front to avoid damaging the spinal cord.

Home now, 2 weeks in a collar while the bones fuse. Probably a good bit longer before I'm back in the gym.

That is all. I am bionic. May post pics later.

I'm interested in this as I need to have the nerve openings enlarged at C4/C5 and the surgery is the same - in through the throat.
Not too keen on it to be honest, I'd be interested to hear how the recovery goes over the next few weeks, scarring etc.

I had the nerve opening block done first. For me it didn't fix it, every case is different but my discs had ruptured to the point there were loose bits floating around my spinal canal. But just for the nerve block not much to worry about if that fixes you, it's a pinhole and a small bruise that dissipates after a few days. Should be close to no recovery time. But as mine didn't work and I was in chronic pain, I was straight into surgery 3 days later.

hi mitch

this is very much a sad/blog post BUT im not going to neg rep you this time because you aren't trying to be cunty gl with your decapitation.

So, you are wearing an Elizabethan collar? You know, one of these?
cone-of-shame-alternatives.jpg

The old cone of shame?

Last edited:
Glad to hear you're doing okay after such a complex procedure. Good luck with the healing!

So, now that you are a cyborg should we call you The Gay Terminator? Do you cum oil? </kinison>

But just for the nerve block not much to worry about if that fixes you, it's a pinhole and a small bruise that dissipates after a few days. Should be close to no recovery time. But as mine didn't work and I was in chronic pain, I was straight into surgery 3 days later.

Nah it's not a pinhole, he's gonna open it all right up and get in there with the grinder to open the holes up. So I imagine that will be a lot of fun.

Just for now I'll stick with the lyrica and oxycodone, but that isn't going to do anything long term except give me a nice drug habit

Nah it's not a pinhole, he's gonna open it all right up and get in there with the grinder to open the holes up. So I imagine that will be a lot of fun.

Just for now I'll stick with the lyrica and oxycodone, but that isn't going to do anything long term except give me a nice drug habit

You've already developed significant opiate tolerance. You should find yourself a real chronic pain doc to get some help weaning. Likely you'll feed better.

Is this an overweight thing or just bad genetics

Well it's in my neck so my head would have to be overweight. Everything else is below the problem. Not genetic but quite normal age-related degeneration that everyone has, just affects some more than others.

id guess its years of power lifting taking its toll

Nothing to indicate this as a direct cause, but I guess it can't have really helped the situation.

OK must be something slightly different from my problem then.

My pain prior to the surgery was beyond most painkillers. OTC stuff, forget it. When I was admitted to ICU, in the first 24 hours I had 3 bags of different IV painkillers - Tramal, Pethadine and Perfalgan, and 5 shots in my ass of Pethadine, nothing made any difference, I was really struggling.

Then finally they gave me the Morphine. That's a pretty big deal here, they have to make a special application to the ministry of health. That worked, I was on it through IV for just over 48 hours up to the surgery. I was out of my head, fucking weirdest dreams ever. Back on it for a few hours after the surgery but then I had to stop because the side effects were starting to pile up and can get quite nasty.

Back