[T:V]Customizing vehicle attributes

DeadlyRabbit

Veteran XV
My roommate mentioned a idea to me about being able to set a slider with speed on one end and armor on the other.

He also suggested having a graph with 4 options, speed, armor, stealth (how easy it is for it to show up on the sensor network) and weapon power in different corners.

It would allow quick customizing of vehicles and would help to give all the vehicles different roles and be suited for those roles.

Having one teammate in a pod that has strong weapons and armor but slow speed and poor stealth with the purpose to distract the D. The capper could use a pod that has top speed and stealth to sneak in when the D is distracted.

Came up when we were talking about being allowed freedom in games but keeping it simple.

Freedom is good, but chaos is bad. Inconsistancy is also bad.

Take cars for example. You have have lots of differnt cars race differntly, but at least their appearence reflects how you know how they'll react with expirence. What if every car looked like a Honda Civic, but some drove like a porche and some drove like a yugo?

Really I think it's too complicated to have all those variables for vehicles.

*shudder*

Imo that would make vehicles play a bigger part in T:V, which I dont like. Vehicles are fine, and fun in most cases (though I hope they arent overpowered). This would just make it into a almost all vehicle game I think.

Vehicles have their uses, but so do the armors on foot. If you make the vehicles capabe of doing everything, then no one would not be in one.

That would be the balance problem, you wouldn't want to have a slider for speed-armor where putting the slider all the way to speed would make it 10x faster than normal. Maybe it would be twice as fast as the same vehicle that put the slider to full armor.

I'm not going to argue how to balance something like this. I'll just outright say it's a bad idea.

There should be a visual aspect that indicates change. Like if you had everything pumped into speed your rover would have more type R stickers for example.

But in a serious game enviorment, and in the scope of T:V, it's not simple enough to be part of the game.

Vehicle customization... wait for Starsiege. You'll get sick of all of the vehicle customization options.

The only thing I can see going into T:V would be interchanging some really basic weapons.

Back