T:v Ai?

So when I boot up the single player are there going to be difficulty selections for how hard the game is?

I'd like increasing the difficutly make the enemies DO smarter things. And not just crank up thier aim or adjust damages in their favor. Although a little of that is expected.

I don't want the game to be too easy

There are some things where AI is appreciated for its own sake. Mostly sim games, and Black & White also did well because of this. Not that AI works on its own; B&W was total shit, and I saw this like a month before the gaming 'zines (shit they are) realized it.

But having a mode where the AI keeps adapting and trying new things, and seeing how long you can last would be cool in its own right.

Yogi said:
So I guess that's a no on the back propogation neural nets in the AI? ;)

April 28th, 2005: Tribes: Vengeance AI becomes self-aware.

April 29th, 2005: Based on TW: General Discussion, AI decides humans are not worth preserving.

April 30th, 2005: AI unleashes a horde of jetpacking bots armed with mortars; human race forced to work in underground sugar mines.

:eek:

bartkusa said:
There are some things where AI is appreciated for its own sake. Mostly sim games, and Black & White also did well because of this. Not that AI works on its own; B&W was total shit, and I saw this like a month before the gaming 'zines (shit they are) realized it.

But having a mode where the AI keeps adapting and trying new things, and seeing how long you can last would be cool in its own right.

I totally agree. In some games it would be appropriate to have adaptive AI if it can be made to work (and of course there's the marketing factor of being able to "Now with AI that learns from your mistakes!" on the box).

Back