[T:V] Vehicle Balance fix

GIMPbeowulf said:
Personally I haven't found the vehicles in unreal to be that big a problem. One guy with an avrial can really mess them up. You can also use obstructions in the map as protection when one is comming after you. It is true though that someone caught out in the open is pretty much fucked.

One of the big thing I think you guys are missing about shrikes is they function very differently from ground players. First, they have to be moving at a good speed otherwise they go down fast. They also can't really engage a player in a "duel" like a LD can. What they do best is deal with moderatly fast moving players moving in predictable trajectories that they can see or locate on sensors well ahead of time. That's something that LD for the most part can't do well; sniping is somewhat of an exception but not against heavies which are a very big target for shrikes because they're even more predictable.

So in short, LD are able to more or less stay in place (or close by) and defend an area whereas shrikes cannot. Shrikes can deal with players moving quickly on predictable paths and catch all but fast cappers whereas LD largely cannot.

good points on the difference between ld and shrike.

It is true though that someone caught out in the open is pretty much fucked.
No, you can always dodge.

Onslaughts vehicles are pretty well balanced. I love how infantry can use the AMSD shock gun to completely halt a speeding Manta then push it back, or sideways.

^^ i agree with oxide here now. i didn't know shock was so effective at that. The more i play the game the more balanced it seems, however it's still quite vehicle centric in onslaught. Balanced, but vehicle centric.

Lover you said "always been a part of tribes". And with that i disagree entirely. T1 has little to no vehicle element, like Sojourn said. You could learn it and be good at it but in the end it's not that huge of a difference in the end result, depending on whom you play. T2 was vehicle centric and sucked ass. T2 classic was good. So 'always been a part of tribes' is more like 50% of tribes, t1, and t2classic.

I hate oversimplification. What i like is conciseness. Why unbalance it in the first place just so you have to fix the balance with a load of other things.

If they don't make access to vehicles anymore valuable than access to inventory stations, then attaining vehicles should work exactly like attaining a loadout.

Back