current weapon trails look cool

Doaln

Contributor
Veteran XV
after watching that IGN video (the one w/ the dude commenting the whole time.....), i like the way those weapon trails look. i'm noticing tho that the mortar has what appears to be a much more straight shot than before (as in, it arcs less). is that me or is that really how it is? i mean it looks like that guy in the video was trying to MA mortar the camera guy.

anyway, disk and mortar trails = cool.

comment.

[dof]DudshoT said:
well...i think they are not final and are just placeholders.
i'm sure they are not finalized, but i do like the way they look now. maybe a little tweakage here and there, but hopefully staying mostly the same. the longer than previous tails on the fire will make it easier for people to see the projectiles and will be to the benefit of all.

i hope doing skins for this will be easy editing. like they'd provide a skin zip with all the skins you can customize for your self. weap skins, player skins, trails, ect.

Shoddy said:
I'm at a loss as to how you would do both of those at the same time.
making the mortar shoot more upward would produce more of an arc and increasing power would increase distance.*

*just saying how it would be done, not whether it needs to be done.

Yeah.. but... do you really want to prevent people from firing the mortar below a certain angle? I can't see that going over very well.

Shoddy said:
Yeah.. but... do you really want to prevent people from firing the mortar below a certain angle? I can't see that going over very well.
i dunno, it just looked like in the video that it was more of a direct shot projectile than before (where you aimed above your target). i'm specifically talking about where the guy is shooting the heavy in the water, and where the first player perspective is avoiding the mortars from the heavy.

Piata=King said:
Mortar needs more range and more arc. Seems to shallow right now.
It seems shallow because the range is huge. In the arena maps you can hit any part of the arena from anyplace in the arena right now. That may be a bit much. :) Less range = more arc. Maximum distance is achieved with a 45 degree launch.

The "arc" is defined by where you shoot. If you want more arc, look up. If you look up as far as you can, you'll actually shoot slightly behind yourself :)

Thrax Panda said:
The "arc" is defined by where you shoot. If you want more arc, look up. If you look up as far as you can, you'll actually shoot slightly behind yourself :)

We have an aim radius of greather than 180 degrees? Is that just up or does it extend to both?

That'd help with discjumps for sure, But I always liked shooting mortars stright up so it'd spam the enemy ground even after my death.

Back