Please do not let T:V be a UT2K4 mod..

Krytoss said:
...but ask any tribes player what makes tribes TRIBES, and its skiing. Without skiing, it's absolutely nothing like Tribes.

Guess them jetpacks don't count for much, huh?

Eh. I just find it amusing how the first thing out of some people's mouths when asked what makes Tribes what it is is "OMG skiing!" Imagine all those people back in the T1 beta, lost and bored and pining for skiing when all they had was their lousy jetpacks to get around with...what a terrible game it must have been. :rolleyes:

Falhawk said:
Er, I guess what I meant in this thread is that I want game mags etc to stop comparing T:V to UT but rather compare UT to Tribes.

You're such a dork Fal. :p

Just because the mags compare Tribes to UT doesn't mean the two will be comparable. We should know what kind of game we're getting from irrational. They've let us on to their progressing development from beginning till now, who cares what others think. There's really not a huge consesus that UNREAL completely SUCKS out there. If anything, the comparisons mean that people will try Vengeance but hopefully be introduced to a new and completely different game.

Atleast that's what I'm hoping. Now if you were expressing concerns on whether Tribes will have that Unreal arcadey feeling I share your concern. I hope our game is not so much Unreal that it isn't tribes. I bet it's a touch of unreal but more over, tribes.

Ben Reed said:
Guess them jetpacks don't count for much, huh?

Eh. I just find it amusing how the first thing out of some people's mouths when asked what makes Tribes what it is is "OMG skiing!" Imagine all those people back in the T1 beta, lost and bored and pining for skiing when all they had was their lousy jetpacks to get around with...what a terrible game it must have been. :rolleyes:

i thought it was assumed that people would realize that jetpacks go hand in hand with skiing, but whatever. if it were just about jetpacks, t1 people wouldnt have been so pissed off at t2, because hey, it had jetpacks - but the skiing was damn slow.

Krytoss said:
i thought it was assumed that people would realize that jetpacks go hand in hand with skiing, but whatever.

The problem with that assumption is that during my time here, I've seen ample evidence that a fair amount of the newer crowd to high-level T1 play DOESN'T understand this. I apologize for assuming you were that ignorant, but I maintain that given established precedent, it was a fairly safe assumption.

I guess one can make a point on this subject in the following way.

I just played the PainKiller demo. And despite it's use of the halflife physics, it still felt like UT or a UT type BUT givin this types of FPS game never lets you leave the ground OR ski, you really can't differentiate how these "PHYSICS" effect how you play.

In TRIBES on the other hand the physics apply directly to you in how you move and how the game is played. Hence this could be the turning point and what must be concentrated on when making the game. Is why I think that T:V will lend a bit to a UT feeling but HOW it plays will make all the difference just because what Tribes really is. A FPS you play out in true 3D.

I'm not so worried provided the game play physics are GOOD.

Thank u for your time.

Ben Reed said:
The problem with that assumption is that during my time here, I've seen ample evidence that a fair amount of the newer crowd to high-level T1 play DOESN'T understand this. I apologize for assuming you were that ignorant, but I maintain that given established precedent, it was a fairly safe assumption.

its ok, the influx of idiot members are tarnishing my good standing

Back