Let's compose something together

It's not really that good. Everytime I listen to it, I start up Cubase, and try again, still not satisfied with it. I am pretty wiped out from this weekend, maybe after I rest up I can nail it.

The only thing ill say that i do not like is that it seems kinda off key. However i am boring and im not into dissonance :p:

Thats fucking kickass Minstrel, i will take care of the rest. :D like a guitar battle, back and forth.

I don't get even a little lead dave? hehehe..

Don't overthink this Minstrel just have fun with it. There are a lot of competent players on tw and you are one of them. I liked what you put down, your normal sound wasn't there though, that was the 1st thing that struck me, I had posted a message "I can't wait to feed off of Minstrel and I can't wait to hear that bluesy tone he has" and I guess I didn't hit submit because its not after you 1st message you were gonna add something.

Animism is my new parts still distorting?

It's fine Alvarez, the levels just need to be mixed. The high harmony parts are too loud compared to the rest. I'm going to pm you my FTP info, if you could upload the guitars separately as .wav's I'll mix them in. Same goes for you Minstrel, get me those .wav's, and if you can, don't fade out your rhythm guitar so quickly. Thanks guys.

Don't overthink this Minstrel just have fun with it. There are a lot of competent players on tw and you are one of them. I liked what you put down, your normal sound wasn't there though, that was the 1st thing that struck me, I had posted a message "I can't wait to feed off of Minstrel and I can't wait to hear that bluesy tone he has" and I guess I didn't hit submit because its not after you 1st message you were gonna add something.

You do :D
I want 29 seconds in until minstrel's part and then, the end of minstrel's part till 2 minutes.

This made me feel good. Thanks Alv.

I missed all the fun :(
You can still join in.

Here is my stuff. I just did it, the recording sounds like shit, my tone is crap and for some reason it doesnt sound as good as i thought it would :( I got some of the timing a bit off so it sounds weird but who cares amirite?:domotwak:

Well here goes! When i get my podxt out of the box (dunno which one) then ill redo it.
Gear: Toni iommi epiphone g-400 model
hyper metal boss distortion pedal
amp: Peavy rage 108 amp (if you rearrange the letters it spells "shit")

My part with minstrel thing(mp3): MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

edit: I just realized my guitar might have been out of tune a bit :\ lol

Wow, I dig the track. Nice work guys, keep it up! I'm working on a long distance recording project with a buddy of mine. If he ditches the "cookie monster/burp" vocals, I might post the finished product here at TW but that won't be for at least a couple of months.

I really love the solos from everyone! It's great to hear stuff like that considering how dead the guitar solo scene has been. Seriously guys, keep it up, I can't wait to hear the final cut!

Wow, I dig the track. Nice work guys, keep it up! I'm working on a long distance recording project with a buddy of mine. If he ditches the "cookie monster/burp" vocals, I might post the finished product here at TW but that won't be for at least a couple of months.

I really love the solos from everyone! It's great to hear stuff like that considering how dead the guitar solo scene has been. Seriously guys, keep it up, I can't wait to hear the final cut!

Judging by my students and MTV the 80's scene has come full circle. Bands like Dragonforce, Trivium, etc... they have brought solos back and it reminds me of a lot of what was good about the 80's with a slightly different spin. it makes sense really the 90's replayed the 60's and 70's and now the 00's are replaying the 80's. Every few decades or so a simpler attitude comes to music, some like it and some don't. I prefer having to work for something but I can see from students perspectives how intimidating guys like Herman Li can be.

Here is my stuff. I just did it, the recording sounds like shit, my tone is crap and for some reason it doesnt sound as good as i thought it would :( I got some of the timing a bit off so it sounds weird but who cares amirite?:domotwak:

Well here goes! When i get my podxt out of the box (dunno which one) then ill redo it.
Gear: Toni iommi epiphone g-400 model
hyper metal boss distortion pedal
amp: Peavy rage 108 amp (if you rearrange the letters it spells "shit")

My part with minstrel thing(mp3): MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

edit: I just realized my guitar might have been out of tune a bit :\ lol
Stop using megaupload you dick! You have my ftp info.

Judging by my students and MTV the 80's scene has come full circle. Bands like Dragonforce....

Ha ha ha ha!! You referred to Dragonforce ...and you probably typed that with a straight face. I'm just funnin' ya Alvarez, but that band, can dish out too much cheese on occasion so when I read that I had to laugh.

Seriously guys, I really dig the track. Minstrel you're way too hard on yourself, but it's cool you're humble and not some egomaniac. I can't wait to hear the finished version of this project.

Ha ha ha ha!! You referred to Dragonforce ...and you probably typed that with a straight face. I'm just funnin' ya Alvarez, but that band, can dish out too much cheese on occasion so when I read that I had to laugh.

Seriously guys, I really dig the track. Minstrel you're way too hard on yourself, but it's cool you're humble and not some egomaniac. I can't wait to hear the finished version of this project.

Through the fire and 64th notes errr... whatever it is called is becoming the next stairway to heaven as in everyone wants to learn that song and students drag it in all the time to learn. I heard a kid in my store playing along with it and he was playing the single note slow version and hitting about 1 for every 10 notes but he had it down with the song rofl.

I am gonna prolly add a solo but I was waiting on dave because he said he had something for it but his recording sounded like he was playing through a super nintendo :)

He is going to rerecord it better quality and in tune and I was either going to add a lead over Animisms 2nd part repeating or write something over the 2nd open drum area and lead through that... I wanna see where dave is first though.

Im ginna look into possibly recording some drum tracks over the next couple of days if that's alright with everyone?

I don't have a full recording setup for recording drums, but I'd like to use what I have and give it a shot. If it ends up not working, then oh well. Is there anyway I can get a copy of what's been done so far with a click track and without the current drum samples?

If you can record it and get it in fairly good quality in wav format I would imagine Animism or myself can make the track match up. (provided its in timing :) hehehe)

Back