[MAP PACK] Released At Last

geiss,

you butchered all our maps and pretend you represent the Comp community, and cant be an adult about your behavior.

you do not have a right to call yourself a mapper, atm, imo.

Last edited:
Geiss said:
personally, if someone wanted to change my maps for the betterment of their gameplay, i'd say go for it. if i found out after the fact, which granted these folks did, i'd be upset, but i'd ask for reasons for the changes, at which point, and i would hope most of those reasons sound and valid towards the game, i wouldnt be upset any more.

:no:

Thanks for that. I'm going to load your precious maps into tribesED and have a go at em.

Think I'll start with Temerity. The snow textures kinda hurt my eyes - think I'll make it lush instead, could definately use and increase in z - its for the better of competition. Believe me - I've played comp for a while.

FB hmm. Still feels a bit too small and klunky. Think it could use an increase in all axes. I don't really like the load screen either, think I'll make my own. I'm sure that will help out in competition a bit. I should know, I've played competition a bit.

I'll get right on it.

AnchAK said:
:no:

Thanks for that. I'm going to load your precious maps into tribesED and have a go at em.

Think I'll start with Temerity. The snow textures kinda hurt my eyes - think I'll make it lush instead, could definately use and increase in z - its for the better of competition. Believe me - I've played comp for a while.

FB hmm. Still feels a bit too small and klunky. Think it could use an increase in all axes. I don't really like the load screen either, think I'll make my own. I'm sure that will help out in competition a bit. I should know, I've played competition a bit.

I'll get right on it.

what competition did you play in?

My competition experience is completely irrelevant for this arguement - you missed the point.

Its that your narrow view of what makes maps competitive and balanced may not be shared with the people that spent a lot of time planning, creating, and tweaking the maps they've made.

In addition, I guarantee, beyond everything that is holy, that if I (or anyone else) fucked with your maps without your knowing - just because I think that they play better - and then released them to the public claiming that I did it for the sake of competition, you would be raising more hell than any of the mappers here. Guaranteed.

AnchAK said:
My competition experience is completely irrelevant for this arguement - you missed the point.
not hardly, you said you've got competition experience as a grounds for making competitive changes. i asked what competition experience you had that gives you grounds to say what's better for competition. you have not given an answer to a serious question.

Its that your narrow view of what makes maps competitive and balanced may not be shared with the people that spent a lot of time planning, creating, and tweaking the maps they've made.
ok i will agree my vision is not what theirs is.

In addition, I guarantee, beyond everything that is holy, that if I (or anyone else) fucked with your maps without your knowing - just because I think that they play better - and then released them to the public claiming that I did it for the sake of competition, you would be raising more hell than any of the mappers here. Guaranteed.
again, if you can provide valid solid reasons for the changes, and back them up with examples, feel free to edit my maps. but if you're going to fuck around with them just to fuck around with them, that's crap. by all means i welcome nef, tsetse, anch, devo, anyone to tell me what's wrong with any of my three maps, why its wrong, and how to fix it to make it better for competition, i will let them edit to their heart's content. and again, its not going to be just "oh this doesnt look right" ... there are serious balance issues and serious game play issues with some of the maps that were edited. as i said, please feel welcome to criticise my maps to the point of bleeding them dry, find what's wrong, and tell me what those errors are and WHY relating to competition and gameplay. but if its just opinion, that doesnt count for shit reasons for changes.

Geiss said:
again, if you can provide valid solid reasons for the changes, and back them up with examples, feel free to edit my maps. but if you're going to fuck around with them just to fuck around with them, that's crap. by all means i welcome nef, tsetse, anch, devo, anyone to tell me what's wrong with any of my three maps, why its wrong, and how to fix it to make it better for competition, i will let them edit to their heart's content. and again, its not going to be just "oh this doesnt look right" ... there are serious balance issues and serious game play issues with some of the maps that were edited. as i said, please feel welcome to criticise my maps to the point of bleeding them dry, find what's wrong, and tell me what those errors are and WHY relating to competition and gameplay. but if its just opinion, that doesnt count for shit reasons for changes.

I think they just want you to ask for permission before you fuck with their maps. It's only right. They have the right to want their maps to stay as they are. You shoud first ask for permission to alter the maps before you do so.

Can anything ever be done on TW without controversy =|. I do agree with Zen though and others though. Least you could have done is ask for friggin permission, they werent yours, you didnt labor for 4+hrs making these maps.

People should be happy that their edited map made it into competition.

2 rovers on ANY map is a serious mistake for any map in any competitive environment. Sorry, but its the truth. If your map has been edited and then added into competition, you should be happy because you helped the community in a pretty direct way. At least that's a positive and constructive way of looking at it, because in reality there is pretty much nothing you can do.

We edited your maps and made them better. If you don't like it :chill:

Seriously, if your map got edited it's a compliment. That means your map was good, but there was just SOME things that needed to be changed for competition. If you are still given credit for the original creation of the map why are you bitching?

I'm seriously laughing at you people telling geiss to be an adult about the situation, and watching you people bitch and moan on and on and on, about not being asked. Fact is, if this map pack isn't released T:V competition will die. After T:V competition dies, pubs will die soon after.

So, why don't YOU people be the adults about this, and fuckin accept that he did it without your permission (big dick head etcetc), and for the better of the entire community just shut the fuck up. Are you really gonna be the reason why T:V competition went to shit, because you didn't like him taking out a fucking rover or changing a flag stand etc etc? Please... grow the fuck up.

Also, I love people trying to map and being a part of the community, but if your maps arn't being played in ANY fucking server but your cable hosted server with a limit of 6 people your maps are not innovative and fun. They are crap. Simple and to the point, crap. Which is why NOONE plays them. So, please, try not to act like geiss offended you and your fellow map makers, because guess what, this conversation doesn't involve you.

KambuL said:
People should be happy that their edited map made it into competition.

2 rovers on ANY map is a serious mistake for any map in any competitive environment. Sorry, but its the truth. If your map has been edited and then added into competition, you should be happy because you helped the community in a pretty direct way. At least that's a positive and constructive way of looking at it, because in reality there is pretty much nothing you can do.

We edited your maps and made them better. If you don't like it :chill:

I'm pretty glad that none of my maps made it into competition.

Back