Need a Tribes OGL Historian

Shadow13 said:
I remember my first tribe TKK, had a lot of good players as their first tribe(Jamm, RabidLeper, etc) When we first played you guys, you were the first team that made our jaws drop. I Think it was SH.

We found out you were doing something called "skiing", we got wrecked, bad but what I loved about TKK is that no one quit over it, no one yelled at each other over it, we just kept trying new things. We spent weeks sitting on DangX'ing in heavies learning to ski down the bowl and jet up the other side.

man I miss the old days. Anyways hats off the original z2, you guys seriously opened our eyes to a lot of things about tribes.

I remember making the original TKK skins in T1 :)

fuck synergy. My first match with z2 we played them and they turtled on both maps. RD and IR. Ice Ridge was nuts... Akuma, liquid death, and I had like 50 kills each and by halfway through the match we were sending like 8 HO at synergy's base. My computer would lag up going into their base because there were so many dead bodies and all I had was a crappy voodoo 1 card. :p

I think istream blew a vessel in his brain during that match from screaming.

Strega said:
I remember making the original TKK skins in T1 :)

fuck yes! a lot of the older guys are starting to frequent the servers again its wierd, I saw Artyx and Machine in a duel server I was browsing through.

those skins were the shit I still have them locked away on a tape backup somewhere lol. (Were you friends with, or were you in -R- or whatever reck was Then?)

Jislan said:
fuck synergy. My first match with z2 we played them and they turtled on both maps. RD and IR. Ice Ridge was nuts... Akuma, liquid death, and I had like 50 kills each and by halfway through the match we were sending like 8 HO at synergy's base. My computer would lag up going into their base because there were so many dead bodies and all I had was a crappy voodoo 1 card. :p

yea, whats funny jis is z2 had z0dd, one of the better HOs to play the game on D as a HD/Base and turreter because our HO was so dominant.

Shadow13 said:
fuck yes! a lot of the older guys are starting to frequent the servers again its wierd, I saw Artyx and Machine in a duel server I was browsing through.

those skins were the shit I still have them locked away on a tape backup somewhere lol. (Were you friends with, or were you in -R- Then?)

Machine was the one that suckered me into making those skins, hehe.

dude z0dd sucked when he was in z2 :p I asked juji why he even let him play. Juji said he was the only person willing to be a turretor and the guy who guards the base entrances as a HD :p

Jislan said:

I remember that match! I was laughing so hard I hurt after that. Battlefield Communicator was crazy. You played us when we were in our "Wonder if we can do this" phase. We played one match and spent the whole time seeing who could get the funniest camera view in or around the nme base. In another match we deployed a turret in the nme flag base then had another team member take control of it so it would not fire automatically then we would use it to take out the nme turret and invs in the flag room what was funny was they would repair our turret.

let's be honest, z2's HO train began and ended with LiquidDeath... at the time he was by far the best HO, it wasn't even close. Lag? was pretty good.

Roger wilco's quality was terrible, but I did like the voice click option even if it annoyed everyone else.

Jis, ppl get good by being able to try diff positions. He was ultimatly good in Vanguard and shit, thus proving he had the skills in him, z2 just didnt allow him to explore them. We had too good HO to let a guy with no experience go and try it.

mm, AkumA was pretty good, personality differences with others aside. Got Lag? was pretty freaking good aswell.

Another memory that just popped into my head was getting challenged by RD on "SpinCycle". None of use knew WTF map that was....Clamsoda and I found a couple REALLY fast cap routes on that server, and Hoochie found a spam spot that he could hit the flag stand pretty easily. They figured they would blow us away on some unknown map, but I think we took it pretty quickly.

Nothing like having Locke355, DaBomb, and Kyuss as your LD.

akuma tried to heavy cap in every fucking map. We always went into the map saying, "DONT FUCKING GO NEAR THE FLAG AKUMA" and he'd try to do it like 10 times a map. He even gave up going after the base sometimes and did nothing but run capping routes in a heavy. And he never got more than 5 inches with the flag either. That shit pissed me off to no end

Jislan said:
akuma tried to heavy cap in every fucking map. We always went into the map saying, "DONT FUCKING GO NEAR THE FLAG AKUMA" and he'd try to do it like 10 times a map. He even gave up going after the base sometimes and did nothing but run capping routes in a heavy. And he never got more than 5 inches with the flag either. That shit pissed me off to no end

hahah i remember that. "KUMA, JUST FUCKING HO NO CAPPING GOD DAMNIT"

I wish I was lpb back when I played top ten teams, All of T's defense were fucking modem humpers. Many a good times in tribes :)

My favorite match was probably against E5 winning RC by 1 for the win.

I remember I used to play Tribes with a 56k modem and no real video card (just the stock junk). I was probably at least a year into my playing days when I picked up a Voodoo 2. The jagged edges suddenly looked smooth. Heaven.

As for the modem, I didn't upgrade until long after I was in NuTz. I eventually got a stellar IDSL connection.

Looking back on those days, I was basically playing with the computer equivalent of an 8-track deck. It was a blast though (when the red modem icon wasn't flashing).

Excal said:
In another match we deployed a turret in the nme flag base then had another team member take control of it so it would not fire automatically then we would use it to take out the nme turret and invs in the flag room what was funny was they would repair our turret.
that is excelent.

Back