Need a Tribes OGL Historian

I have 2 favorite Tribes moments:

#1 - Beating R&G in an overtime tiebreaker on IceRidge to take #4 on the ladder. We sent 2 cappers, I was first in and got the flag and made it home. I used a modified back cap and went from stand to stand in 4.3 seconds on a double disk jump. Once out back, once on the stand. I capped, and not 2 seconds later, a R&G capper picked up our flag, but the match had ended. Coldshot was doing the shoutcast and went absolutely crazy on the microphone, it was great.

#2 - Tribes Gala, just an all around GREAT time.

Strega said:
TG2k, there was more gossip about you and how ugly Madcat was than anything else.

I felt bad for her (I didnt know either of you)

Strega said:
I have 2 favorite Tribes moments:

#1 - Beating R&G in an overtime tiebreaker on IceRidge to take #4 on the ladder. We sent 2 cappers, I was first in and got the flag and made it home. I used a modified back cap and went from stand to stand in 4.3 seconds on a double disk jump. Once out back, once on the stand. I capped, and not 2 seconds later, a R&G capper picked up our flag, but the match had ended. Coldshot was doing the shoutcast and went absolutely crazy on the microphone, it was great.

I will remember my MA in the face during TV testing...and the high five afterward. (There was a camera filming us, I would love to see that tape...Alex?)
And then Error|550 had to stalk me and ruined my day, over & over again.
;)

Nomad said:
TG2k, there was more gossip about you and how ugly Madcat was than anything else.

I felt bad for her (I didnt know either of you)

We all make mistakes. I hope that cunt dies in a fire.

OMG when Tribes2 was shown at Gala and the ENTIRE PLACE gave a collective eye-roll at how slow it was.

Just saw the stuff about BMF. I am |BMF| Balefire and my brother is |BMF| Kazrak/Frost Giant. We had a good run, but we lost people pretty quick. Lady Booty went over to another tribe, a couple of people were laid off and some just quit playing. It was sad. We got trounced after that.

Fel, i have no doubt BYB was a quality HoF, honestly i do. I was merely stating that he seems to have been given uber like status for a player who was simply a very solid HoF on a team he clearly meshed very well with. I just always remeber on those best of threads, he would argue with 5150 guys backing TRD as who was the best HoF. When the position was so hard to guage, especially after things like mine disc, coordinated HO attacks etc.. I always felt my best HoFin was done when i had a really great farmer. iStream started out as a farmer in z2 and thats how we became so close, we were very hard to cap on. Ditto on abusive when i worked with MAD/Sammyrocks?CaptinFixit. I enjoyed my most productive times when playing with a truly great turreter and not just someone who kept the base up and hated their job.

I dont think the newer ppl realize how far tribes has come, us older guys have seen the evolution. No other game has this. I remeber when HO's would barely go near the flag stand, they were on a mission to kill a base. You always had guys trying new things, like the shield pack disc jump or shield pack mortar jump. These inovations keep this wonderful game going for years and years. Where was the best spot for these turrets? WHat was the best route this HO could take and not be detected until he was way airborn? What cap routes on opposite sides of the map had the same time to get to the flag for perfect coordination. Man do i miss this game.

I should point out that the SofaKings were mostly Dynamix programmers. BMF was several Dynamix artists, QA team, Producers and the like.

rez was definitely the first team to cluster a map from the beginning

but S3 vs. BMF is when the cluster was first utilized to win a map

BMF was winning 7-0 on stonehenge and had our base completely owned, coolio yelled at everyone to just play naked and swarm offense and we came back and won the map 8-7 and then won RC (i think) to take the match

the "other" lanz! haha nice... your brother once wrote me a recommendation letter to get a job when i was in college, i looked up to him more than anyone in my "n00b" days. he taught me the basics of how to play tribes before there was even skiing.

one of the truely kick-ass, cool people i ever played in the game and one badass player that almost noone knows about.

d0ur said:
As a HoF i remember S3 on CoN and the aburdity that was their morters. We were down a few flags at one point and we sent a LD to find their HO. And the guy could literally ski and hit the flag stand dead money each time. It was a big deal.

What are you meaning with this? That they could ski around and always hit the flagstand with a mortar? Were they over a hill or something?

d0ur said:
You'll notice IE and most 5150 guys never claimed they were anything. They just went out and WERE great and ppl knew it.

this is true

yah... the first week or 2 of zX... back when we were zX with X being a different number between 1-16. (ie z1, z2, z3.. etc) we had a killer roster. I think a couple left... but we still had a nice team. Then, midmatch, while playing IE... we took the lead on IR, held it pretty close, but ultimately lost the map... i think we had 2 or 3 people quit before the second map. We got blown out on RD. It's too bad... cause we had a good team. Especially if they would have sat my sorry ass out, and had someone with talent play LD.

I know the first player that I saw that was just dominant was Atlas way back in Beta.

Yeah, an HoF was nothing without the turreter/second HOF/waterboy guy. The deployer would CTRL+K to give the HoF a repair kit, run around chaining cappers and HO while deploying turrets, keep the base up, body block incoming HO, drop inventories for the Light D, and switch to heavy to cover the flag when the HoF died. Those players had more on their plate than anyone, and that's why it was really hard to find someone who was damn good at it.

Rated z said:
I should point out that the SofaKings were mostly Dynamix programmers. BMF was several Dynamix artists, QA team, Producers and the like.

yup youngblood and a couple of the other guys now work at SCEA, talked to them a bit while I was still with Sony about tribes, few of them actually lurk here a lot. They worked on the PSP title Syphon Filter Dark Mirror turned out to be a great game..

if you have a psp should check it out =) Most of that fucking studio for SCEA seems like Ex Dynamix matter of fact, I was amazed when I got there how many people were ex dyn.

nigafool said:
rez was definitely the first team to cluster a map from the beginning

but S3 vs. BMF is when the cluster was first utilized to win a map

BMF was winning 7-0 on stonehenge and had our base completely owned, coolio yelled at everyone to just play naked and swarm offense and we came back and won the map 8-7 and then won RC (i think) to take the match

I remember that match. That fucking SUCKED! :)

I just remember watching the BMF vs WA demo... and then everyone started working on their Medium w/ Elf Gun Flag D strat on Rollercoaster.

Back