Lord of the nerds

What is this nightfall in middle earth and why have I never heard of it before?
seriously.
link

edit: and I play WoW everyone is cooler than me.

What is this nightfall in middle earth and why have I never heard of it before?
seriously.
link

edit: and I play WoW everyone is cooler than me.
Blind Guardian
Unquestionably the greatest concept album ever made.
I listened to it without even knowing what the Silmarillion was and enjoyed it.

TY... gonna check it out.. also you just moved up a notch. I would have never thought you to be one to listen to heavy metal. :)

after reading some of thier wiki I am really suprised I haven't heard of them before as I was a fan of helloween.

TY... gonna check it out.. also you just moved up a notch. I would have never thought you to be one to listen to heavy metal. :)

after reading some of thier wiki I am really suprised I haven't heard of them before as I was a fan of helloween.
Blind Guardian is one of my favorites. Though their last album wasn't up to their usual standards IMO.

I've always liked metal.

Ever listen to Helloween? Metal Church? A co-worker was intruducing me to some new/old metal last night after work.. Cemetary and Tiamat. From what I heard I liked the sound and style.. I am in desperate need of some new music.

Also

I don't usually go for blondes, but the chick that plays Galadriel in LotR is fucking beautiful in the movies. I've seen her in other things and been unimpressed, but she looks amazing there.

Ever listen to Helloween? Metal Church? A co-worker was intruducing me to some new/old metal last night after work.. Cemetary and Tiamat. From what I heard I liked the sound and style.. I am in desperate need of some new music.
No.
But I'll probably check it out at some point.

Listen to Moonsorrow if you haven't already. Preferably something before that last two albums (they aren't bad, but they'd be a horrible introduction for someone unfamiliar. The best album to start with is probably Kivenkantaja. But if you want songs, check out Kivenkantaja, Tuulen Tytär & Soturin Tie, and 1065 Aika. They're an awesome bunch of nerds.)

As long as it isn't riddled with death growls there is only so much of that I can tolerate.
Well
Moonsorrow is sort of black metal fused with folk metal.

I generally really hate death/black metal, but the music/melodies that Moonsorrow put together actually makes it work. It's fairly light in that respect. It's nothing like, for example, Nile. They actually get chicks to harmonize in a few of the songs.

In the inn/tavern where Pippin orders a pint, is that in the book too? It really bothered me that they had a real life measurement system in a fantasy movie.

holy shit if you like helloween and the silmarillion you're gonna love that album.
yeah its pretty much the best power/fantasy metal album ever made

listen to your co-worker, yakuza. all those bands rule

In the inn/tavern where Pippin orders a pint, is that in the book too? It really bothered me that they had a real life measurement system in a fantasy movie.

And yet the fact that you're reading it in english and not some Númenorian language completely slips by you.

Back