no nonsense guide to becoming a better killer by hyung - Page 3 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > Tribes Talk
Reload this Page no nonsense guide to becoming a better killer
Page 3 of 5
DC.
VeteranXV
Old
41 - 10-14-2018, 12:39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groove View Post
meh idc

but snows reply doesn't really make sense to me since the second paragraph seems to contradict the 3rd

maybe im just not understanding
which r u referring 2

Sponsored Links
Flipp
Veteran4
Old
42 - 10-14-2018, 13:35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flipp View Post
pubscrubz n veter00bz still tryna figya out y dem sukk totes chit menny yr n decade hole tyme chasin da
yall gon suk 4eva ur ceelin bout 5ft off da groun pasteez git use 2 it o find a game ur brain not so bad @ :P

hyung
VeteranXX
Old
43 - 10-15-2018, 17:04
it's a hard situation anyway because the alternative to go back to stock 1.40 isn't fair across different pings. even if fully open network settings has its downsides at least it's pretty fair to all pings.

DC.
VeteranXV
Old
44 - 10-15-2018, 17:56
how was 1.40 not fair 2 all pings. didnt it give every1 a 32 ping feel

hyung
VeteranXX
Old
45 - 10-15-2018, 19:52
no it didn't

hyung
VeteranXX
Old
46 - 10-15-2018, 19:53
you would be a million times less annoying to talk to if your ego matched your level of understanding of how anything in tribes worked

DC.
VeteranXV
Old
47 - 10-15-2018, 21:19
ya and i wish ur ego matched ur skill in tribe but such is life

we had 250 pinger (silverstone) with stock 1.40 playing like any of the lpbs were playing at the time in 2010. it emulated it pretty closely

groove
VeteranXX
Old
48 - 10-15-2018, 21:29
at one point ops was one of the most effective chainers ive ever seen and that was with a 150 ping and before nofix made his netset plugin

spockhammer
Banned
Contributor
Old
49 - 10-15-2018, 22:24
it sucks this game has so much behind the scenes behind closed doors drama.

it taught me a lot about rigged carnival midway games,

Last edited by spockhammer; 10-15-2018 at 22:28..
hyung
VeteranXX
Old
50 - 10-15-2018, 23:07
sorry i was out of line

1.40 is more fair than 1.30 but less fair than netset or 1.11

Last edited by hyung; 10-16-2018 at 12:40..
Flipp
Veteran4
Old
51 - 10-16-2018, 12:06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flipp View Post
pubscrubz n veter00bz still tryna figya out y dem sukk totes chit menny yr n decade hole tyme chasin da
yall gon suk 4eva ur ceelin bout 5ft off da groun pasteez git use 2 it o find a game ur brain not so bad @ :P

Laughing-Stork
VeteranXV
Old
52 - 10-16-2018, 13:40
I agree with fedz on this one

hyung
VeteranXX
Old
53 - 10-16-2018, 19:07
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC. View Post
ya and i wish ur ego matched ur skill in tribe but such is life

we had 250 pinger (silverstone) with stock 1.40 playing like any of the lpbs were playing at the time in 2010. it emulated it pretty closely
seriously why do you bowl face first confident into arguments about topics when you don't even know what you're talking about

nobody is saying a 250 pinger like silverstone can't play with stock 1.40

the point i'm repeating to you is that it's not fair across different pings

i would much rather ping 108 than ping 32 if we're playing without netset

Last edited by hyung; 10-16-2018 at 19:46..
DC.
VeteranXV
Old
54 - 10-16-2018, 19:52
im sorry did me leaving out a "?" make it confusing that i was asking a question????????????????? ????????????????????????? ????

i think i have played with an adjusted but static pft before on 56k with terp at 64 many years ago, and i recall aimming pretty much like i did when i had low ping with zero adjustment time necessary. this tells me that it emulated a low ping very very well with an adjustment to pft alone

in the below statement you said you can manipulate PFT alone to produce a lead time of whatever you want basically (example below is of no lead time). this would apply to ppl of all pings. why is it farfetched to think that 1.40 with a pft that dynamically adjusts to your changing ping will produce a similar lead of a 32 pinger, regardless of what ping you have. this is wat i waz told 1.40 does

the problem with netset is you can put your predictforwardtime high enough where you can remove the second lead by having the game perfectly predict where they'll be. so instead of your brain having to compute the math in your head, now you just have to gain the mechanical skill of being able to place your mouse where prediction is telling you to aim. sure we feel like we're really good because we get lots of hit sounds, and i get why people are attached to this artificial skill inflation, but it's really not in the spirit of the game.

this all being said u need to stop raging and attacking ppl its just a game u fukin dork

hyung
VeteranXX
Old
55 - 10-16-2018, 19:58
you seem to have all the answers why dont you tell me

hyung
VeteranXX
Old
56 - 10-16-2018, 20:10
dude i just posted this thread to make the playing field more fair. i saw lots of new players asking what optimal net settings were or why they couldn't chain as good as others. i'm obviously a moron because i always get roped into some dumbass argument that goes off on tangents with you

groove
VeteranXX
Old
57 - 10-16-2018, 20:41
i would submit that the reason 'new players' can't chain as good as people who have been playing for 15 years straight isn't about netsettings its about experience & learning the game and how to lead your targets.

but give them a good placebo and they'll think they're better with it anyways, especially if you tell them Stork and rtcll use it. That MUST be why they're such good mechanical aimers!

so i guess it doesn't matter what the reality is

DC.
VeteranXV
Old
58 - 10-16-2018, 20:53
why do u keep saying netset is a placebo..

they banned interpolate from twl cuz it was a placebo

Last edited by DC.; 10-16-2018 at 20:55..
groove
VeteranXX
Old
59 - 10-16-2018, 21:25
if you've seen as many configs as i have where people swear having netset.dll in the /plugins folder makes them a better player even though its NOT LOADING AT ALL you'd know how powerful a placebo it is

i get to have this fun circular conversation where they insist the ONE plugin is loading because they get more kills but no other ones are loading and they don't see netset loading in the console but its mere presence in the config definitely makes them a better killer

groove
VeteranXX
Old
60 - 10-16-2018, 21:26
it literally got so bad i had to write a HUD that just shows whether netset is loaded or not to prove to idiots that it wasn't

Page 3 of 5

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > Tribes Talk
Reload this Page no nonsense guide to becoming a better killer

Social Website Bullshit