Gruul

xpdnc

Contributor
Tonight, my guild that couldn't put out more than 4000 dps three weeks ago took down Gruul.

Gruul the Dragonkiller - WWS

I got a ton of useful advice from TW, enough to increase our dps a huge amount, and we took him down on our 3rd attempt.

(BTW, I went OOM at 10% and had to wand him, which is why my dps time is not 100%, also, I died at 4% just after the MT went down)

As our guild's lone shadow priest, I'm saddened that I wasn't #2 in dps, and more saddened that our locks were so far down the list.

Last edited:
4k-7k dps is a nice improvement over before. Having less than 17 people die next time you kill Gruul should bump it up even more :p

Still some things to be learned:

- Wyndego - Elemental shaman in your parse but he was dropping -threat totems, no wrath of air or totem of wrath. Since ranged DPS can't really pull aggro (especially with that many misdirects!) tranq air should have never been touched. He was in your group so that's 101 +dmg and some crit you missed out on as well as both mages. Get that druid out of there as well and replace with a lock, perhaps a hunter or your most productive healer that may have mana concerns. Druids shouldn't ever have mana issues with how efficient their healing is.

- Hethar - Resto but was dropping Wrath of Air (/boggle).

Your melee did not get windfury once again, and looking at the placement of players on your WWS parsing you'd almost be better off putting the 2nd shaman in the hunter group for manaspring + GOA rather than in a DPS caster group. Both shaman did use heroism though, but I'm guessing the resto shaman's went to a group of healers?

Prior to this attempt, we hadn't been using chain misdirects on the MT, so we were worried that I would pull aggro while using VE. That turned out not to be even remotely possible, which I realized around growth 6 or so.

I don't know why our resto shaman was using Wrath of Air. I do know that I put her in the healers group for Manaspring totem, since the ele shammy didn't have the Restorative Totems talent.

We actually had an argument about Windfury. The dps warrior wanted GOA, thinking it would help more, and that he'd lose a lot of damage not being able to apply MH poison. (I don't think he realizes what windfury does, to be honest.)

We had the healers with the Paladin for Concentration Aura, but I don't know how much that really helped.

I'm also still trying to figure out why the mages were only dpsing 70% of the time.

We actually had an argument about Windfury. The dps warrior wanted GOA, thinking it would help more, and that he'd lose a lot of damage not being able to apply MH poison. (I don't think he realizes what windfury does, to be honest.)

homeboy should worry more about his spec/gear and less about...well anything else right now. it looks like he's trying to go with a "pve/pvp friendly" spec. i can understand not wanting to drop gold weekly on re-specs, but if the goal of the guild is for pve progression, imo he should stick with something more pve oriented. if pve isn't your top priority though, and people don't mind, then i guess it doesn't matter.

i, however, always felt guilty walking into ssc with improved intercept.

Spending 300-400g a week on respecs might sound like a lot, but it's nothing that can't be covered by doing dailies twice and farming a couple primals to sell.

Tell that lazy bum to go 17/44 or 33/28 and stop bringing down the raid.

Also, what the fuck kind of warrior doesn't gasm all over the chance to get SoE/WF?

Back