Any word on what gear is required for Zul'Aman?

Donno. I suspect it would be a tad hard in 5man blues...

I just dropped tailoring on my warlock, so im very gimped in PvE now. My guild is in BT, but i've stopped raiding and will be stuck with 3 pieces of pvp gear in ZA. :)

Ran ZA yesterday on the PTR, got to the first boss and downed him in about 3 trys. Everyone in the group had full epics on, some kara stuff, but a lotta ssc/tk gear too.

From what I saw from the first boss its really just a tank and spank, but the boss hits fairly hard on well geared players and has a lotta health, took us about 7-8 minutes to kill him.

He dropped a nice new enchant though, has a chance on hit to let you ignore 850 armor on your target.

Ran ZA yesterday on the PTR, got to the first boss and downed him in about 3 trys. Everyone in the group had full epics on, some kara stuff, but a lotta ssc/tk gear too.

From what I saw from the first boss its really just a tank and spank, but the boss hits fairly hard on well geared players and has a lotta health, took us about 7-8 minutes to kill him.

He dropped a nice new enchant though, has a chance on hit to let you ignore 850 armor on your target.

Say that enchant on MMO-Champions 2.3 section, think it's called Executioner. 3 tries? That sounds reasonably average for a first boss, first shot would have been too easy, and anything more than 4 - 5 probably would frustrate people, but Blizzard was saying the bosses are supposed to be easy tactic-wise and get progressively harder. They've been toting ZA as a dungeon for the more casual crowd, claiming a full clear shouldn't take anything more than 2 - 3 hour once you get it down.

I read somewhere that the difficulty starts on the level of nightbane from kara and scales up from there.

There's a timed quest once you open the gate where you have to kill the first boss in 20 minutes, then after killing him you get another 20 minute to kill the next, etc.

Also I think it has a 3 day reset on it.

Not to hijack my own thread but anyone use Bagnon having error messages popup? Any suggestions on other all in one inventory addons ?

forgot to mention, za bosses drop heroic badges in case you didn't know

According to MMO-Champion, the 20-minute thing is part of a timed event involving a quest you pick up at an NPC at the entrance. If you manage to kill each boss within a 20-minute time frame you free a prisoner held by each boss who will reward the raid with an epic loot item attainable from a lootable chest. If you fail at any boss (even a wipe) the countdown will stop and the other prisoners will die and take their epics with them. It's not required to save the prisoners, but it seems to be free and relatively easy epics if you can.

Bosses will drop 2 badges a pop, with the last two dropping 3. And it seems Zul'Jin will drop quest blood someone can use to gain 10 badges as well. I know there was the whole using PvE badges to get PvP gear, but at the rate these badges drop in here it doesn't seem too difficult.

you will NOT be able to do za with 5 man blues

you will also NOT be able to run za with 2 healers like kara...no matter your gear

Back