High Warlord/Grand Marshal = Gods

Too bad the honor system is based on time rather than skill.

More than half of the people who earn those weapons will be unfit to wield them.

Good lord that's some High DPS melee weapons. Too bad the caster staff blows. Basically they seemed to have fixed all those [Broken I.W.I.N. Button]'s.

see a warrior or rogue (or i guess shamans too) gets grand marshal and they become unstoppable... a caster gets that high and... they'll just lose the rank

Pagy said:
see a warrior or rogue (or i guess shamans too) gets grand marshal and they become unstoppable... a caster gets that high and... they'll just lose the rank

They'd hardly be "unstoppable". They'd have a hell of an easier time killing people one on one, but to acquire those kinds of points they need to be doing the AV zerg or CTF all day anyway, and those battlegrounds are never 1v1.

JohnnyX said:
They'd hardly be "unstoppable". They'd have a hell of an easier time killing people one on one, but to acquire those kinds of points they need to be doing the AV zerg or CTF all day anyway, and those battlegrounds are never 1v1.
no they had to camp high traffic areas (menethil docks/zepp towers/brm) until AV came out

then they just maintain their rank by doing 1 av a day

The point isn't if they're unstoppable or not, it's the fact of the gross improvement they gain from those weapons compared to the weak improvement a caster gains. Not to mention there's no caster dagger/sword/offhand at all.

If I had that dagger I would probably be able to just about 1 shot any priest\mage in the game, it's WAY to overpowered especially when compared against the one you get off Ragnaros. 143 top end 2.0 speed? Say hello to 2200+ ambush followed by 1600+ backstabs.

JohnnyX said:
you don't think a group of 10 is better off with a grand marshal on the team?

yer nuts

Pagy said:
you don't think a group of 10 is better off with a grand marshal on the team?

yer nuts

No I just don't think it's gonna be like one team has onyxia flying around helping them out. You don't think a group of guys with 10 decked out players is not going to be able to compete because of one dude? I think they should if they're smart, because any way you slice it, it's just one guy.

I'll agree that the melee itemization is fucked up though. The poor casters are just totally in trouble versus certain classes with these weapons (*cough* warriors and rogues *cough*).

I just don't think that a grand marshall is going to completely turn the tides in the zerg of alterrac valley, though he could have an impact in CTF if he's a good player, but that's the way it is now anyway, some teams (especially guild teams are completely decked out, those teams still lose occasionally if they don't play smart).

This is why I cancelled my accnt. When you play casually, you'll be no where near the 'power level' of these people who dedicate their days and nights to gain these weapons. Where is the fun in that? This is why I love FPS... even as a newb, you can at least have a CHANCE at killing someone.

One of the things i just realised is that warlocks can get DPS comparable to that of warriors with these weapons. I just fought a warlock in a duel who was hitting for ~1000 damage with non-crit shadowbolts and critting for 1500. With fear he can kill any person with a normal amount of armor and they will not have a chance unless they are a stunlock rogue.

Back