So the guild complained about rogues....

C-wAVe

Veteran X
And all 8 rogues banded together and didn't participate on the core pack pull. lol

Healers kept everyone up just fine for a while until they ran outta mana and couldn't pot. :)

We do our job, they wanted the rogues to not say anything on vent becuase we weren't "important" enough, so we went stealth and didn't do shit on a core pack pull, They wiped after doing almost perfect on the other pack pulls.

that's hilarious

but really, i think rogues get a lot more flak than they deserve

or at least, the huge number of shitty rogues make the others seem worse than they really are. Rogues always top the damage done lists.

my old guild was like this too when i played rogue

didn't want us talking in vent, our gear wasn't a high priority, and they always stuck us in the same group when pvping. nobody bothered to heal us and it's kinda hard to bandage when you always have some sort of dot on you. then they were the first to bitch when one of their precious mages died.

You're not important enough to bother talking during an important pull or boss fight. One rogue needs to be talking and that is the MA, if you use a rogue for that duty.

Maybe you need to tell your rogues to follow one guy becuase they're retarded as shit, our group of 8 active rogues know wtf they're doing.

WE watch the casters and pull any mobs off them, more often than not, during garr, you'll see one of us vanish to break the movement debuff, sprint to a mob, go all out and use evasion, and pull it to a tank.

A) Your rogues should always be on one target. What fight would you be doing to not focus fire.

B) Why the hell is anyone but the MT and his support anywhere near Garr's debuff while adds are active.

C) Why the fuck would you not be tanking/banishing his adds in the first place.

A) We are on one target.

B) The mobs can always get bad aggro when the pullers miss/resist.

C) There's always a chance one catches bad aggro and takes off the other direction.

Oh yes, next patch, if you take the add's out of his debuff range they will go into a rage.

so they don't want rogues spamming vent with 'OMG I JUST AMBUSHED THAT MOB FOR 2K"

cry about it

what would you have to say in vent anyway?

do your job and stfu, when you cause a wipe it costs warriors like 4g each time.

also you said yourself the pull was going fine without you guys they just didn't have enough heals to sustain it since 8 of their dps players sat out. if they had 8 of any other class instead of you boycotting faggots they would have the pull EZ.

kyuss said:
have fun beating ragnaros with 0 rogues

^^

Mages dont really come close to rogues DPS on rag.I had 84k dmg on rag on our first kill.Highest mage had 50k i think.

While rogues might not be the most important class in alot of aspects, in fights that you want over quick, rogues beat out every other class. So for fights like domo and rag, you want as many rougues as possible. At least my guild understands this, so they know not to give us too much shit.

....But bringing 8 rogues for lucifron-golemagg is a little rediculous. We usually bring 5 max for those.

Last edited:
back in the day we learned encounters and didnt have the gear we have now, our guild sorta had the same mentality going.

"we dont need rogues"
"priests do not heal rogues, they must simply bandage"

and we had bout oh...6-8 of us in the guild and usually an avg 3-4 tops would get to go, sometimes only 1 or 2.

then came the wake-up call, esp on the ragnaros fight. when we actually bring 5-7 rogues (esp well geared / smart ones) we finish MC faster then ever before.

so now at least im healed now esp for certain fights because we take down mobs fast.

Nehi said:
back in the day we learned encounters and didnt have the gear we have now, our guild sorta had the same mentality going.

"we dont need rogues"
"priests do not heal rogues, they must simply bandage"

and we had bout oh...6-8 of us in the guild and usually an avg 3-4 tops would get to go, sometimes only 1 or 2.

then came the wake-up call, esp on the ragnaros fight. when we actually bring 5-7 rogues (esp well geared / smart ones) we finish MC faster then ever before.

so now at least im healed now esp for certain fights because we take down mobs fast.

That's exactly how our guild went. Don't heal Rogues, let them bandage, and the Rag fight was a wakeup call to how much DPS output there actually is if the rogues are alive. The weapons from the last half of MC help as well, upping some of our luckier rogues DPS considerably. Pre 20% it's mainly Rogue DPS bringing Rag's Health down. Our priests went from "don't heal the rogues" to "keep YOUR rogues ALIVE". Kazzak also helped change the attitude, with him being just a pure DPS burn.

I kind of wish Rag had been different though, and one of the bosses before him a DPS burn, and Rag an onyxia esque fight, as all the nerds complain that the fight isn't epic enough. I sure hope Blizzard doesn't listen to them and change something that will completely screw us on the Rag fight.

Rogues are still very high DPS on Onyxia too, so I don't think it would really hurt if they made it more "epic". Once people have seen the light, they don't usually bag on rogues anymore.

C-wAVe said:
We do our job, they wanted the rogues to not say anything on vent becuase we weren't "important" enough, so we went stealth and didn't do shit on a core pack pull, They wiped after doing almost perfect on the other pack pulls.
They sound like pricks.

I wouldn't be in a guild if I didn't think they appreciated me and my rogue comrades.

Back