Did Battlegrounds destroy the honor system?

PoorDoggy

Veteran XV
I figured I would rank up from Scout after a week in the Gulch. 7500 honor points at Rank 1 seems like a lot, doesn't it?

Come to find out there are people pulling in hundreds of thousands of points per week and not ranking up.

Looks like it is now completely impossible to even come close to attaining PVP rewards unless you play 40+ hours per week.

Its tier based. There can only be a certain amount of people per tier.

People are playing more.

The people who get that gear are going to be 10 out of a 1000.

This is pretty common knowledge. People sorta assumed the gear would be had by all after the Honor System came out, but this is not how Blizzard intended it.

Do I agree? Not really. DAOC has a much better system, IMO, but w/e.

Yeah, PvP turned into a grindathon just like PvE is. It's not really quality but quantity that matters. Oh well, be smart, earn your reputation bonuses, and don't worry too much about rankings if you can't do anything about it.

Your wrong about the quality/quantity thing, JohnnyX. They are almost the exact same. A good 5v5 will warrant the same CPs as a few hours of solo zerging.

What are you talking about?

Just zerging in alterac for an hour or two nets me the same CP as soloing everyone in azshara for the entire day.

There is no way a guy who is killing people by himself can make the same sort of CP he can soloing in alterac. I didn't say anything about groups. Therefore it comes down to who spends the most time in the BGs, as far as solo action goes.

Of course a good CTF team can tear it up just doing that all day, but that gets so repetitive. 10 v 10 CTF seems to be just the same teams playing each other over and over, which I guess is fun for a while.

if you are the outgunned faction you can rake in a lot

exordium, an alliance guild said they were raking in 100k plus a DAY from ctf because they get in almost instantly and crush the pubbies theyre up again

I was #327 on Horde last week, and I PvP'd for ONE day.

CTF with a good guild is where it's at for raking in huge CP.

(Note: We are the outnumbered side, so our wait time is very short.)

On horde on SH, the top 10 are netting in at over 300k, top 100 are hitting 75k+. You have people ranked 6, with 80k points not moving up a rank. :\

There are rumors abound that Horde and Alliance on some servers conspire to lay down arms and rake in stupid amounts of HKs and CPs in Alterac. You may think that that is silly but you actually have evidence this time around. Obviously some of you are saying that people are pulling in hundreds of thousands of points all the time, to the point where you don't gain rank at all by getting several thousand in a week.

Clearly someone is amassing honor and CPs quite quickly otherwise it would have been easy to gain rank.

Feannag said:
There are rumors abound that Horde and Alliance on some servers conspire to lay down arms and rake in stupid amounts of HKs and CPs in Alterac. You may think that that is silly but you actually have evidence this time around. Obviously some of you are saying that people are pulling in hundreds of thousands of points all the time, to the point where you don't gain rank at all by getting several thousand in a week.

This has been happening on my server since honor went active. One of the largest alliance guilds and one of the largest horde guilds are actually the same guild -- they have been trading CP since the start. BG's has just made that problem worse.

And CTF is just a joke, you rake in so many CP that you will have to play CTF 24-7 to keep up any kind of rank at all.

KnightWolf said:
And CTF is just a joke, you rake in so many CP that you will have to play CTF 24-7 to keep up any kind of rank at all.

This is basically the reason. You get 10 guys together on voice com and join up in CTF. More than likely you're going to be playing pubbies if you're on the lower pop side. So basically you play a map for 10 minutes rack up 30HK's and go to the next match immediately. That's how the top 10 on horde are so high... They all played CTF together all week.

JohnnyX said:
Yeah, PvP turned into a grindathon just like PvE is. It's not really quality but quantity that matters. Oh well, be smart, earn your reputation bonuses, and don't worry too much about rankings if you can't do anything about it.
exactly my thought on the matter.
blizzard has turned pvp into a carebear system!! omfg!!!

well, it looks like they hotfixed the CP you get for CTF. i used to be able to get like 15k cp for 5 or 6 wins, now it's more like 4-5k.

a good game of CTF with an organized team and organized opposition is probably the most fun this game has to offer and reminds me of the good old days :) everything else with the honor system and BGs, IMO, sucks.

Bodom said:
if you are the outgunned faction you can rake in a lot

exordium, an alliance guild said they were raking in 100k plus a DAY from ctf because they get in almost instantly and crush the pubbies theyre up again

honor blows for my class, Paladin soloing is a damn joke in pvp :(

I wish You were only compared to your own class when it came to ranks and such. As it stands, most alliance high ranks are Mage and Rogue with the odd Warrior up there too.

Last edited:
yeah its really gay. nobody can really advance with BG. random pubbies that get lucky and get in AV are gaining so much CP and its throwing everything out of whack

its utterly pointless to PVP outside of AV now. and lots of servers one side cant even get in.

it fucking sucks

Bodom said:
yeah its really gay. nobody can really advance with BG. random pubbies that get lucky and get in AV are gaining so much CP and its throwing everything out of whack

its utterly pointless to PVP outside of AV now. and lots of servers one side cant even get in.

it fucking sucks

i have no doubt it sucks for you on my server :( we normally get rolled up in AV, but never have problems getting in. But normally only have enough for 1 AV BG. :( our numbers went away quick, all went back to standing in IF :\

I refuse to play warsong, my class is really only used to A. Hammer of Justice, and B. cast Blessing of Protection on a MCed flag carry making him drop the flag (very ammusing at first)

Back