My Friend died yesterday from alcohol poisening

since when is <b>watching</b> your friend die, <b>finding</b> him dead? [/QUOTE]

Or he lied to the cops about what happened to cover his and their asses.

jesus christ, haven't any of you had a friend die?

I can't believe the shit some of the asswipes are posting on here. it's pathetic.

:(

Bad_CRC said:

I can't believe the shit some of the asswipes are posting on here. it's pathetic.

CRC you have to realize that a majority of people saying this crap are 14 or 11 year old little shits, with no morals due to bad parenting. If they are older than that, then they are seriously messed up in the head and need to find some empathy in their lives.

This girl I went to highschool with and knew through some friends, she died due to a blood clot that was in her back, she went to the chiroprater and he was doing all that shit to her back and then the thing went into her brain she started feeling funny, and started crying mentioned something about not wanting to mess up her makup and then died....Death sucks especially when it happens to a young person no matter what the reason, stupidity or not it is sad.

Can someone tell me how you actually get alcohol poisoning?
I drink til I cant see anymore... then dry heave in my bed for the entire next day. I just dont see how someone could die from drinking too much.
The time I wrapped my truck around a pole was a different story tho.. :shinner:

In tenth grade one of my best friends was in a car accident that put him in a comma for three months. A few months before that my family drove up to my grandfathers house and he died holding my fathers hands while i was in the room. Wah wah wah, it sucked but i didnt go around and tell people about deaths that affected me. The best i would give to someone who told me this in real life was a polite sorry even though i dont give a damn, hell i cant even pretend to give a damn. When you die crc, i wont care, i wont care if your mom dies, i wont care if your moms friend dies. Sucks for you, doesnt matter to me. I would care if nookie died though.

[SHiN]AkumA said:
Can someone tell me how you actually get alcohol poisoning?
I drink til I cant see anymore... then dry heave in my bed for the entire next day. I just dont see how someone could die from drinking too much.
The time I wrapped my truck around a pole was a different story tho.. :shinner:

It happens alot AkumA, sad to say. Some people don't throw up when they drink to much. It overloads their liver their whole body and they shut down. I have never drank that much cause I would be dead if I had, but I was pretty close about 5 years ago.

ok
"alcohol poisoning" is actually a term invented by some lay person that wanted to brag about the fact that they drank too much and had really bad side effects.

in medicine -particularly toxicology- we dont like that term.

you "poison" yourself with alcohol any time you use it and it gives you an undesired or particularly harmful effect.

if you drink enough, it will drastically lower your blood sugar, dehydrate you, deplete a carload of water soluable vitamins through diuresis and so on and so on. end result: hangover. sometimes the hangover can last all day if you did the above to a great enough extent.

alcohol is also a CNS depressant and it has a respectable ability (even when compared to other cns depressants) to slow down or even stop respiration by relaxing the muscles responsible for respiration. this is generally how people die from acute alcohol ingestions, but the hypoglycemia can kill you as well.

orbital123 said:
It happens alot AkumA, sad to say. Some people don't throw up when they drink to much. It overloads their liver their whole body and they shut down. I have never drank that much cause I would be dead if I had, but I was pretty close about 5 years ago.

So youre saying that it is better to throw up when you are totally smashed?

no. liver damage is NOT the cause of acute alcohol death. alcohol causes significant damage to the liver and pancreas over a long period of time, and that will eventually kill you if something else doesnt first, but liver toxicity is not significant in acute overdose.

respiratory depression.

[SHiN]AkumA said:
So youre saying that it is better to throw up when you are totally smashed?

Ya actually I am. Get it out of your system is the best thing you can do. If you throw it up, then it is that much less alcohol to kill you. Why do you think they pump your stomach when you ingest to much of a harmful substance?

Bad_CRC said:

forgive my cynicism, but i honestly don't believe him... just look at the way he posted it :-|

nolt said:
no. liver damage is NOT the cause of acute alcohol death. alcohol causes significant damage to the liver and pancreas over a long period of time, and that will eventually kill you if something else doesnt first, but liver toxicity is not significant in acute overdose.

respiratory depression.

I never said it was the cause, im not a doctor, I was partially wrong so sue me. Liver damage does occur from alcohol though and can kill you.

alcohol is directly irritating to the lining of the gi tract. it makes you want to vomit regardless, BUT significant blood levels (aleady absorbed etOH) will stimulate the CTZ (so called "chemo-receptor trigger zone") in the brain. (thalamus i think)...

emesis is your body's natural method of trying to prevent more alcohol from being absorbed.

nolt said:
ok
"alcohol poisoning" is actually a term invented by some lay person that wanted to brag about the fact that they drank too much and had really bad side effects.

in medicine -particularly toxicology- we dont like that term.

you "poison" yourself with alcohol any time you use it and it gives you an undesired or particularly harmful effect.

if you drink enough, it will drastically lower your blood sugar, dehydrate you, deplete a carload of water soluable vitamins through diuresis and so on and so on. end result: hangover. sometimes the hangover can last all day if you did the above to a great enough extent.

alcohol is also a CNS depressant and it has a respectable ability (even when compared to other cns depressants) to slow down or even stop respiration by relaxing the muscles responsible for respiration. this is generally how people die from acute alcohol ingestions, but the hypoglycemia can kill you as well.

I was sick with a really bad cold on friday, and I still felt pretty shitty on saturday, but there were hella parties going on (prom) and I didnt want to stay home. I was on all these antibiotics, so I didnt feel too bad. So I went to like 3-4 parties last night, drank about a case give or take... anywho, I woke up early this morning and I had the WORST fucking headache in the world. I ate like 3 advils and tried to go back to bed... but the headache lasted like 5 hours. Even now if I talk to loud or cough it still hurts... I dont even remember what my point to this was. :3eyes:

vgz

Back