Musashi's Passion starts some fun

We need to elevate Musashi's creations to a more prominant spot on the main TW page. Just think of the masses that could be pissed off if they were more easily found.

GigaFool said:
Except you're comparing a funny Musashi flash to inciting hate speech.

Don't you ever get tired of being wrong, bro?

Hate speech isn't the only thing mentioned in that rule. FFS, I'm not even getting pissy about this. I didn't take parody into account and I'm asking xpdnc questions regarding that. Why act like i'm trying to make a big deal over this when I'm not? Why turn it into something other than me trying to get information? Are you trying to start shit?

fraidykat said:
I'm having a legitimate discussion with another poster over a topic which interests me. I said that if I'm wrong, I'll back off. It's called exchanging information. You, on the other hand, have nothing to add but "hurrrr....religion si dum." Please, you're not fooling anyone.

Oh shut the fuck up. You're just playing stupid. I obviously never said religion was dumb. Your discussion is retarded because no one here is attacking your religion to be malicious. Everyone is finding humor in the situation but you're so fucking up tight about it you want to be offended by it.

Last edited:
you can make a parody of jesus' actual life or tell jokes about jesus taking it up the ass or just plain make fun of jesus or whatever you want, there isnt a judge in the western world who will convict you of anything unless you are in germany and make a comment about the super cool nazis doing it.

T w i z t i D said:
roll your eyes, i've argued with you, you're right to roll them

It is quite obvious you never tire of being wrong.

ok...I said i'd back off if he explained it to me, I brought up a point to discuss and STILL I get shit for it. Wonderful.

(Music: Azagthoth)

(Lyrics: Azagthoth, Browning)

Ghouls attack the church
Crush the holy priest
Turning the cross towards hell
Writhe in satan's flames

Crush the priest
The feeble church

(Solo: Brunelle)

Dead - your god is dead
Fools - your god is dead
Useless prayers of lies
Behold satan's rise

Crush the priest
The feeble church
The family of dog
Lust upon my altar

(Solo: Azagthoth)

Demons attack with hate
Satan in the fires of hell awaits
Death against you all
God hear my death call

[long] Chorus

fraidycat said:
According to Texas v. Johnson (flag burning case), "If there is a bedrock principle underlying the First Amendment, it is that the Government may not prohibit the expression of an idea simply because society finds the idea itself offensive or disagreeable." Selective restraints based on offensiveness of speech strictly limited: unless speech invades privacy of home or the degree of captivity makes it impractical to avoid exposure, the burden is on the offended person to "avert his or her eyes."
Cohen; Erznoznik

1. Caveat: Speech that constitutes "fighting words" under the Chaplinsky standard is not protected. But see R.A.V. v. St. Paul (partial restriction of fighting words based on intent to "arouse anger, alarm or resentment in others" on basis of race, etc. unconstitutional as viewpoint restriction). Contrast Wisconsin v. Mitchell (penalty enhancement for racial motivation in committing aggravated battery upheld).
There is absolutely nothing in the text you've quoted that indicates that anything Musashi did would be considered "fighting words," but, hey, keep telling yourself that you're right. Maybe that'll actually make it true. The meat of that quote is this sentence: "If there is a bedrock principle underlying the First Amendment, it is that the Government may not prohibit the expression of an idea simply because society finds the idea itself offensive or disagreeable."

I suppose that your point that there is indeed speech that may not be protected is valid, but that point is so fucking irrelevant in this situation that you look like an idiot for bringing it up, and I would guess that most of us are also already aware of the "fire in a movie theater" caveat, so you needn't bring that one up, either. Self-ownage is the best kind.

mznthrope said:
[/list] There is absolutely nothing in the text you've quoted that indicates that anything Musashi did would be considered "fighting words," but, hey, keep telling yourself that you're right. Maybe that'll actually make it true. The meat of that quote is this sentence: "If there is a bedrock principle underlying the First Amendment, it is that the Government may not prohibit the expression of an idea simply because society finds the idea itself offensive or disagreeable."

I suppose that your point that there is indeed speech that may not be protected is valid, but that point is so fucking irrelevant in this situation that you look like an idiot for bringing it up, and I would guess that most of us are also already aware of the "fire in a movie theater" caveat, so you needn't bring that one up, either. Self-ownage is the best kind.

so basically, you read something, then regardless of what it says, you tell the person that there's nothing in what you read that applies. Ok.

What you ignored (purposefully?) in that passage is that speech is not protected if it is meant to offend. I can't imagine why you'd ignore that, but that's neither here nor there since this would be considered parody. In the case of parody, I think that the only problem would be how much of the original work was addressed. If things stray too far off topic, the protection erodes.

now, would you like to actually discuss that, or are you still busy stroking yoru e-penis?

edit: you know what? fuck it. I try, for once, not to be a prick when arguing something (yeah, i'm far too abrasive most of the time) and guess what? Everyone else takes up the slack. I should know better than to try to have a decent discussion when religion is involved.

Last edited:
Back