Sponsored Links
Zanthious
Tribalwar Admin
Old
22 - 09-01-2017, 22:09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Semantik View Post
I use Coinbase, trade on Bittrex, and keep up using CoinMarketCap

I was too late to do the mining thing...it really isn't profitable now. Buddy of mine tried and ended up losing out...not a great amount, but still a loss.

So far, without much in terms of activity on my end...basically, buy a coin and sit on it until I feel it has peaked during its current hike...I am up 31%

This isn't including the bitcoin I purchased initially and is sitting in my Coinbase wallet, just growing. That growth is crazy.
as ppl are mining on pc's making hundreds/thousands a month lol.

Odio
VeteranXV
Old
23 - 09-01-2017, 22:21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanthious View Post
ssshhhhhhh

slogg
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
24 - 09-01-2017, 22:28
LTC at $91 i want to commit suicide

Semantik
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
25 - 09-01-2017, 23:13
Quote:
I haven't found anyone that is late to bitcoin that is mining and making anything really. Those that got in early, are making bank.

Other coins are available to mine, and it seems pretty easy to get these new ones up and going. I just don't have the time to delve overly deeply in many, so I have just been looking at a couple.

Semantik
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
26 - 09-01-2017, 23:16
Quote:
Originally Posted by amRam View Post
I threw a few hundred into ltc via coinbase. They won't let me spend any more yet.. oh well just for fun.

Should I be unloading this stuff into an offline wallet or something

Coinbase is basically your wallet and allows you to trade the more popular coins. Bittrex allows you to trade many more coins, along with the most popular. Bittrex is also very easy to use, and the wallet is easy to monitor.

Hardware wallets seem to be the way to go, especially if you have substantial invested into the cryptocurrency market. I have several friends investing in crypto's, and only one has a hardware wallet.

I have been looking into them, they don't seem to be that expensive and are easy to setup/use.

Bughead
VeteranXX
Old
27 - 09-01-2017, 23:46
I've came around and finally realized that there really is no such a thing as being late to crypto. I tried trading/mining for a while when BTC was worth only a few hundred dollars but never made much progress. Eventually I left the scene during the ETH presale, that was a big mistake. Completely missed out on Stratis as well. I finally came back a few months ago and have made 50x my investment so far. My focus is just making as much BTC as possible (through trading altcoins) as it seems like it's just going to keep growing in value.

Vermouth
VeteranXX
Old
28 - 09-02-2017, 00:03
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bughead View Post
I've came around and finally realized that there really is no such a thing as being late to crypto. I tried trading/mining for a while when BTC was worth only a few hundred dollars but never made much progress. Eventually I left the scene during the ETH presale, that was a big mistake. Completely missed out on Stratis as well. I finally came back a few months ago and have made 50x my investment so far. My focus is just making as much BTC as possible (through trading altcoins) as it seems like it's just going to keep growing in value.
what are you trading bruh? just buy-low-sell-high stuff or investing low in upcoming ico's or wat?

grats on your success btw

Bughead
VeteranXX
Old
29 - 09-02-2017, 00:21
Both, although I feel like swinging ICOs is safer so long as you do your research and choose wisely. You know you're in at the bottom and if you chose well it'll shoot up pretty high eventually. ICO wise I'm getting into Enigma, Red Pulse, and Kyber this month.

Pengo
VeteranXV
Old
30 - 09-02-2017, 02:26
Quote:
I use Coinbase, trade on Bittrex, and keep up using CoinMarketCap

I was too late to do the mining thing...it really isn't profitable now. Buddy of mine tried and ended up losing out...not a great amount, but still a loss.

So far, without much in terms of activity on my end...basically, buy a coin and sit on it until I feel it has peaked during its current hike...I am up 31%

This isn't including the bitcoin I purchased initially and is sitting in my Coinbase wallet, just growing. That growth is crazy.
Not a good idea to leave it sitting in a 3rd party wallet...Sure coinbase has been around for a while, but there's no guarantees they won't go bankrupt, shut down, or get hacked (see mt. gox)

burtrennalds
VeteranXV
Old
31 - 09-02-2017, 08:55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highfive View Post
shift, i always get you mixed up with Sift that tranny guy
DUDE me too. for a while i actually thought they were the same person and i was like

"wow that fag has a wife now and talks much more coherently. good for him. he turned a stone."

HumDumpin
ReeeingRainbowXV
Old
32 - 09-02-2017, 10:39
Quote:
Unless you're living in a place where electricity costs 1000% more than everyone else, that statement just is not true. The equipment pays itself off in a few months using multi-algo pool mining, add an extra week in there to cover electricity cost over that period and you're profitable from then on out.

I've made about 250-270 bucks (equivalent in btc) since the beginning of August, and I've had equipment downtime due to hardware upgrades and a processor change (thermal paste set in period). Mid way through Oct all the equipment I purchased this year will have earned its keep.

Zanthious
Tribalwar Admin
Old
33 - 09-02-2017, 11:03
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bughead View Post
im making more with cyrpto currency then i ever made in the stock market.

DMAUL
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
34 - 09-02-2017, 11:05
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pengo View Post
Not a good idea to leave it sitting in a 3rd party wallet...Sure coinbase has been around for a while, but there's no guarantees they won't go bankrupt, shut down, or get hacked (see mt. gox)
Coinbase has insurance for all their holdings.

JustinCase
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
35 - 09-02-2017, 11:25
I bought a bunch of litecoin back in 2013. I have no idea how to turn it into money. I don't remember where or how I purchased it.

I think I transferred it to a wallet. I have a text document that has a "base key". What else do I need?

Zanthious
Tribalwar Admin
Old
36 - 09-02-2017, 12:56
lol do u ppl just go buy stocks and **** and forget about where u have them at?

your key is needed but you need to knwo where the wallet was or what it was or something.

cancer
VeteranXX
Old
37 - 09-02-2017, 13:24
Quote:
Originally Posted by slogg View Post
LTC at $91 i want to commit suicide
i think this to myself
then again i'm happy i cashed out for 2x profit b/c all my **** was on btc-e anyways and who knows what the **** would have happened to it.

JustinCase
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
38 - 09-02-2017, 13:48
Quote:
lol do u ppl just go buy stocks and **** and forget about where u have them at?

your key is needed but you need to knwo where the wallet was or what it was or something.
I have a QR code that I took a screenshot of as well, I assume that is my physical wallet?

Zanthious
Tribalwar Admin
Old
39 - 09-02-2017, 14:29
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinCase View Post
I have a QR code that I took a screenshot of as well, I assume that is my physical wallet?
sorry man i was being a dick. im not sure on the ltc wallets because ive always used the web exchanges to hold ltc or exodus or something.

Did you buy the ltc through a website or mine it or what

JustinCase
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
40 - 09-02-2017, 17:47
I think I bought it on Coinbase, but I remember doing something with BTC-E as well....this was a long time ago and I haven't thought anything about it since then.

Page 2 of 5

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Bitcoin Mining

Social Website Bullshit