Things you already know... by Flash - Page 3 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Things you already know...
Page 3 of 4
Buk Naked
VeteranXX
Old
41 - 11-24-2020, 19:20
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuggerNaught View Post
Contrails are real. But they aren't motivated like people think they are
When 9-11 shut down flights for 3 days, it actually got hotter. This is what the initial studies said.

Of course the climate change folks can't let that stand and are going back to revise to say contrails bad.

Can aircraft trails affect climate? : Nature News

"Two studies1,2 noted that when planes stopped flying on 11–14 September 2001, the average daily temperature range in the United States rose markedly, exceeding the three-day periods before and after by an average of 1.8 °C. The unusual size of the shift, says David Travis of the University of Wisconsin–Whitewater, who led both of the earlier studies, implied that an absence of contrails gave the temperature range a significant boost. But that idea, he says, was "more like a hypothesis" than a firm conclusion."

Sponsored Links
Dr Dance
VeteranX
Old
42 - 11-24-2020, 20:04
Those are the plane facts.

JuggerNaught
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
43 - 11-24-2020, 22:36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Dance View Post
Those are the plane facts.
Welcome to Instant Rimshot

StapleMammal1
Veteran++
Contributor
Old
44 - 11-24-2020, 23:09
Quote:
Originally Posted by motoxbudd View Post
sleeping is a waste of time
i used to think that too. i was wrong tho. sleep is very important.

Edofnor
VeteranXX
Old
45 - 11-24-2020, 23:13
ya, i used 2 think sleep was wasted time but i was wrong

it helps u live well physically and spiritually

StapleMammal1
Veteran++
Contributor
Old
46 - 11-24-2020, 23:23
yep. found that out first hand.

NAT Mav
TW Racing++
Old
47 - 11-25-2020, 00:01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buk Naked View Post
When 9-11 shut down flights for 3 days, it actually got hotter. This is what the initial studies said.

Of course the climate change folks can't let that stand and are going back to revise to say contrails bad.

"Two studies1,2 noted that when planes stopped flying on 11–14 September 2001, the average daily temperature range in the United States rose markedly, exceeding the three-day periods before and after by an average of 1.8 °C. The unusual size of the shift, says David Travis of the University of Wisconsin–Whitewater, who led both of the earlier studies, implied that an absence of contrails gave the temperature range a significant boost. But that idea, he says, was "more like a hypothesis" than a firm conclusion."
Well they are artificial high-altitude clouds, so there is at least some effect of reflecting solar radiation. But there are no mysterious chemicals being pumped into the atmosphere from the exhaust of your typical airliner. Not to say that the government has never pumped something into the atmosphere, but it's not being done by the airline industry as part of some conspiracy.

bowl of blood
Veteran++
Contributor
Old
48 - 11-25-2020, 09:50
u r all sofa king we todd ed

falhawk meant to say chemtrails not contrails and lemon just pointed that out

Gorlax
VeteranXX
Old
49 - 11-25-2020, 10:42
I was told that Biden will not be POTUS ...

ArakAtak
VeteranXX
Old
50 - 11-27-2020, 06:01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buk Naked View Post

With virtually no international, and limited domestic flights throughout most of covid 2020, why hasn't the entire planet overheated?

bowl of blood
Veteran++
Contributor
Old
51 - 11-27-2020, 16:01
it was 68f on thanksgiving this year

normal high this time of year here is 50 or so

Flash
VeteranXX
Old
52 - 11-27-2020, 21:32
Weather improving.

ArakAtak
VeteranXX
Old
53 - 11-28-2020, 08:25
So why can't I find Rust-oleum Oil Rubbed Bronze spray paint anywhere?

and the one god forsaken place that does have it (desertcart - thx mitch) wont fly it out b/c scary aerosols blow up planes or some bull**** (load of crap)

Edofnor
VeteranXX
Old
54 - 11-28-2020, 08:50
mitch would have logisticized some aerosols 4u but they fired him 4 doing **** like that b/c they hate freedom

ArakAtak
VeteranXX
Old
55 - 11-28-2020, 08:58
So now I'm going to have a workbench with Antique Brass painted legs instead ...

probably look gay as

bowl of blood
Veteran++
Contributor
Old
56 - 11-28-2020, 12:44
i paint everything in my house Protein Cream

u kno y

MC Hamster
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
57 - 11-29-2020, 19:09
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArakAtak View Post
So why can't I find Rust-oleum Oil Rubbed Bronze spray paint anywhere?

and the one god forsaken place that does have it (desertcart - thx mitch) wont fly it out b/c scary aerosols blow up planes or some bull**** (load of crap)
Home Hardware/Mitre 10 are distributors of Rust-Oleum in Aus, though they don't seem to stock that one. Maybe if you ask 'em they could special order it in?

Noting there also seems to be this: https://varietypaints.com.au/product...oleum-300-gram

Might also take a look at the Dulux metalshield hammered bronze, if that's a finish that'll work for you - that might work for a table

Last edited by MC Hamster; 11-29-2020 at 19:20..
Edofnor
VeteranXX
Old
58 - 11-29-2020, 20:47
looks like usa wins again, u can get the whole rustoleum line @ ur corner 7-eleven

lemon
Sour++
Contributor
Old
59 - 11-29-2020, 20:50
Oil Rubbed Bronze, Rust-Oleum American Accents 2X Ultra Cover, Metallic Spray Paint, 11 oz

ArakAtak
VeteranXX
Old
60 - 11-30-2020, 06:53
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Hamster View Post
Home Hardware/Mitre 10 are distributors of Rust-Oleum in Aus, though they don't seem to stock that one. Maybe if you ask 'em they could special order it in?

Noting there also seems to be this: https://varietypaints.com.au/product...oleum-300-gram

Might also take a look at the Dulux metalshield hammered bronze, if that's a finish that'll work for you - that might work for a table

thx - I looked at the colour match guys but wasn't going to pay $35+ for a spray can

I'm not big on hammer finish, it holds the dirt too much. I ordered some antique brass that should look OK. If not I'll just go to a grey or cream.

I want to do it brass or bronze b/c this thing is an old cast workbench with a 2" thick wooden top. Thing weighs a ton. It had been kicking around the metal foundry where I worked for near 50 years (it was probably cast there), I decided it was in the way and needed a new home (my shed). I spent weeks shot blasting and burning the old 15 layers of paint from it. Been sitting in primer for a few months while I get round to it. Should come out looking nice.

Page 3 of 4

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Things you already know...

Social Website Bullshit