Refrigerators!

What is your main refrigerator?

• Total voters
I used to have a nice french door in a past house and it was nice and all but doesn't really have a lot of space.

In my current house we had a really weird size restriction for a fridge without doing major renovations around it (which we will do eventually but we have bigger projects we want to do first) so we got this:

Shop Fisher Paykel 17.5-cu ft Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator with Ice Maker (Fingerprint-Resistant Stainless steel) ENERGY STAR at Lowes.com

even for a relatively small cu/ft fridge we're able to fit a ton in it.

the downside is that it took around 2 months to get, as if they made it custom for us

1200px-Iceberg_in_the_Arctic_with_its_underside_exposed.jpg

I considered a French door but after looking at a lot of fridges couldn't justify the cost over a top freezer. Plenty of space for 1/4 price. I didn't bother with ice maker; two ice trays take seconds to fill and didn't want to pay another $50-100. No chance for a leaky waterline either.

Ours sprung a leak at the right time. We are looking to sell next year and it damaged our old beat up 18 year old wood floors, floor boards, ceiling tiles downstairs and the mangy carpet. Its costing me $1000 to replace it instead of $15000. :)

I have 1 fridge with no freezer and 1 standing freezer ... so sort of side by side? Except they are not attached to each other and have a lot more internal volume.

I have that one with the fucking tablet built into the door. Whatever.

Our ice maker isn't workin in the one that came with the house so we just ordered the new samsung french door with 2 pull outs with the Family Hub. What do you think of the family hub? I know a lot is overkill and corny but do you use it at all?

I liked being able to look inside the fridge while at the store to check what you have. Also we do the grocery lists on google home and the fridge looks like its better at maintaining the list and sending to your phone.

This house has serious fridges. we have the main one in the kitchen, 1 in the basement, and 1 in the garage as well as a full size freezer in the garage.

Samsung makes good shit

My washer can pop a notification on the TV when it's done

livin in the future
Used to have all Samsung appliances, they definitely make good stuff. I wouldn't spring for the hub stuff; that's 5k for really tiny features. That said I can control my ovens via my phone. Super handy if I'm at the store and need to start a preheat.

Used to have all Samsung appliances, they definitely make good stuff. I wouldn't spring for the hub stuff; that's 5k for really tiny features. That said I can control my ovens via my phone. Super handy if I'm at the store and need to start a preheat.

Home depot had it for sale for $2800 and the new family hub has bixby installed and works well with the samsung phones so I figured why not.

Samsung 27.7 cu. ft. Family Hub 4-Door French Door Smart Refrigerator in Stainless Steel-RF28NHEDBSR - The Home Depot

When I was in the market several years ago, side-by-sides seem to be $1000 cheaper than an equivalent french door refrigerator.

(Damnit. I just searched for refrigerators and forgot to go into incognito mode. Now I'm going to get spammed with refrigerator ads.)

Back