Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Hot Sauce Thread
Page 14 of 24
Paladin-5
VeteranXX
Old
261 - 04-23-2018, 11:42
for those of you who make your own hot sauces - how long will they safely keep in the fridge? i enjoy hot sauce, but a 5 oz bottle will last me months
i've read elsewhere that two weeks in the fridge should be the max, and also the concerns about botulism

Sponsored Links
Falhawk
VeteranXX
Old
262 - 04-23-2018, 14:05
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin-5 View Post
for those of you who make your own hot sauces - how long will they safely keep in the fridge? i enjoy hot sauce, but a 5 oz bottle will last me months
i've read elsewhere that two weeks in the fridge should be the max, and also the concerns about botulism
depends on the base. Vinegar lasts the longest.

other bases:
mustard
fruit (mango is the bestest)
pure chili

HumDumpin
ReeeingRainbowXV
Old
263 - 04-23-2018, 14:14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin-5 View Post
I can them in pint and half pint jars, they are shelf stable like that for a year at room temp, I only put opened jars of hot sauce in my frig for ~2-3 weeks till its gone.

I usually do a few quarts per batch. This year I'm gonna start labeling batches by number/date because some batches were easily 2-3X hotter than others as the growing season progressed.

Falhawk
VeteranXX
Old
264 - 04-23-2018, 14:20
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumDumpin View Post
I usually do a few quarts per batch. This year I'm gonna start labeling batches by number/date because some batches were easily 2-3X hotter than others as the growing season progressed.
totally

I have one that has 16 habaneros in it, after 2 weeks that ****er is crazy hot.

Paladin-5
VeteranXX
Old
265 - 04-28-2018, 12:57
tried my first batch the other day and used this recipe with a few mods: Belizean Style Habanero Sauce - Hot Sauce Recipe - Genius Kitchen

cut the water from 2 cups to 1 cup based on comments, and as a fruit added some grilled pineapple.
turned out pretty good, i'm not a crazy hot pepper person but it has a nice sweet taste up front, then the heat washes over.
put some in the fridge and canned some to give to friends

Infernus
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
266 - 04-29-2018, 02:49
but is it hot?

Paladin-5
VeteranXX
Old
267 - 04-29-2018, 08:56
it has 10 habaneros in it but i wouldn***8217;t describe it as particularly hot

ArakAtak
VeteranXX
Old
268 - 04-29-2018, 08:56
I really ****ing hate people like this

Quote:
Great recipe! Like others, I made modifications. I took what I had in my garden - 5 habaneros, 3 seranos, 2 pasillas, one half pumpkin, one tomato, 1 plum, 1 tablespoon of maple syrup, and the rest of the ingredients in the recipe.
No - you are not commenting on this recipe, you have made your own ****ing version. What the ****

sashimi
VeteranXV
Old
269 - 04-29-2018, 12:12

I picked this up last week because I had heard good things about the company. The sauce is ****ing excellent. It's my favorite right behind Secret Aardvark on the habanero side of things. They have a Blue Agave Sriracha, Serrano, and Ghost Pepper version all of which I'll prolly end up trying too. A+

Goshin
GriftKingXX
Old
270 - 04-29-2018, 12:12
can i only get good hot sauce online jfc

HumDumpin
ReeeingRainbowXV
Old
271 - 04-29-2018, 15:43
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArakAtak View Post
I really ****ing hate people like this

No - you are not commenting on this recipe, you have made your own ****ing version. What the ****
Often times people's comments on recipes found online come out better than the original due to family techniques/ingredients that might be unexpectedly perfect additions.

This does not seem like one of those times.

DVADER
VeteranXX
Old
272 - 04-29-2018, 16:18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
can i only get good hot sauce online jfc

Found this one in a local store and found it quite nice. Has a pleasant smokey flavor. Good on burgers and such.

NoGodForMe
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
273 - 04-30-2018, 15:14
Quote:
Originally Posted by sashimi View Post

I picked this up last week because I had heard good things about the company. The sauce is ****ing excellent. It's my favorite right behind Secret Aardvark on the habanero side of things. They have a Blue Agave Sriracha, Serrano, and Ghost Pepper version all of which I'll prolly end up trying too. A+
Nice. It's on Amazon, a 5 pack of each flavor or the singles, 4.5 stars. I've put it in my cart.
https://www.amazon.com/Yellowbird-Ho...t%2Bsauce&th=1

I like bigger bottles of sauce because I use so much. I often add water to the smaller bottles so they pour easier and last longer. Or I'll add green salsa to ranch dressing, and a few drops of the hottest sauce.

Last edited by NoGodForMe; 04-30-2018 at 15:23..
Atreides
VeteranXV
Old
274 - 04-30-2018, 15:49
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1-k7VYwsHg

What a god damn class act.

sashimi
VeteranXV
Old
275 - 04-30-2018, 16:35
That was one of my favorite episodes of HotOnes by far. Only part that caught me off guard was how much he hated Dawson's. I've gone through two bottles of it and love the stuff personally, so it's very much an opinionated sauce I guess. I reviewed it earlier in this thread somewhere too.

@NGFM **** ya, I didn't even see the 5 pack when I was checking. Going to add that to my cart for the next purchase and try them all out. Sweeeet.

Reggs
VeteranXX
Old
276 - 04-30-2018, 16:54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atreides View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1-k7VYwsHg

What a god damn class act.
I looked up a few of his top rated ones they have next to no reviews on Amazon.

sashimi
VeteranXV
Old
277 - 04-30-2018, 17:06
A lot of people don't bother with Amazon reviews. They leave their feedback in the YouTube comments or elsewhere, like these ****ty forums lel. I've bought every sauce from each season pretty much, multiple from Amazon, and have yet to leave a review for instance. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Esteban_Villa
VeteranXV
Old
278 - 04-30-2018, 17:25
Ancho and Morito's has 4 amazon reviews

estimated sales per junglescout @ 280 per month. they're decently accurate estimates

Last edited by Esteban_Villa; 04-30-2018 at 18:32..
Data
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
279 - 04-30-2018, 17:56
Been loving this **** lately.

Rasta Sauce by Ocean Deck. It's pretty mild but packed with flavor. Great on chicken.

Paladin-5
VeteranXX
Old
280 - 04-30-2018, 20:04
when dealing with the hotter end of sauces (i know this is subjective to one's own tastes) how do you guys apply your sauce? a couple drops mixed in to whatever you're eating, or maybe a spoonful or two, or full on slathering?

Page 14 of 24

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Hot Sauce Thread

Social Website Bullshit