Fantasy/Sci-fi Book recommendations revisited

I just finished book 3 of George R.R. Martin last week (Is my favorite so far of the series).

Loved The Name of the Wind, and got Wise Man's fear yesterday. Was only able to read a couple chapters last night. I wish I had re-read The Name of the Wind, as there is so much stuff I forgot.

Hoping TWMF, serves as a nice buffer before I start Feat for Crows though, as then I'll have to wait like the rest of the world for Book 5...forever.

Anyway, anyone have a good link to a quick summary/review of TNotW?

I've read a few of Iain Banks books now. He makes them needlessly long. The story generally doesn't get going until like the last 1/3rd

The Heir to Empire trilogy by Timothy Zahn is pretty good even if you aren't into Star Wars.

Zahn's Conqueror's trilogy is really awesome. Epic space opera style military sci-fi mixed with some of the hard-boiled detective thriller novel stuff that shows up in some of his other series.

Damn you finished? I am about halfway through and look forward to leaving the Harry potter world behind. Rothfuss' style is unique and I feel like it draws you in better than a majority of the formulaic fantasy out there right now. No elves, dwarfs or any of that crap.

I am loving it so far.

I fucking love having a kindle (and a demonoid account) because i already have 90% of these books on my hdd. i have nothing to add except the wheel of time was boring and shitty, and i wouldn't recommend it to anyone. ever

The touchscreen at the bottom is far better then dealing with all of the kindles buttons.

you press one button to turn a page forwards. home and then the page over buttons to find a book. enter to select a book

thats 3 buttons ive used on the kindle :shrug:

I've read a few of Iain Banks books now. He makes them needlessly long. The story generally doesn't get going until like the last 1/3rd

I agree, and yet somehow I keep reading them. I guess the world he's constructed is JUST interesting enough that I don't mind the glacial pace of his stories.

If "Dance with Dragons" doesn't end the series, I doubt the series will ever be completed

Wiki calls for two more books after it. I've been waiting for him to complete them before starting, but I figure the heat death of the universe is going to come first, so I may have to just start them...

Back