"Vast locations from underground caverns and forgotten cities to acid wastelands"

How about the ability to have server day/night cycles or weather patterns? Midnight at the server's host location = midnight in the game for whatever map is playing. Or the ability for the server admins to choose what that day's weather system is in the same way they can choose the map cycle. [/brainstorming]

Nice pic BlodBath. :]

Kelster said:
How about the ability to have server day/night cycles or weather patterns? Midnight at the server's host location = midnight in the game for whatever map is playing. Or the ability for the server admins to choose what that day's weather system is in the same way they can choose the map cycle. [/brainstorming]

Nice pic BlodBath. :]

thankee

i always wanted to see massive rolling deserts punctuated by mammoth features and pockmarked with boulders in a game. maybe someday...

mr_luc said:
Shadowmaps. :shrug: Discuss.

edit: I mean, shadow maps are an obstacle then.

it may not be smooth but generating "stepped" shadowmaps might be feasable. ie: generate a set of shadowmaps for a predetermined sun route and switch between them at intervals. with some creative alpha work it could be done... the problem becomes size however, as multiple copies of the shadowmap might take up a bit of space.

I think that it would be cool if there was a single day/night cycle in a 25 minute map. For example 0:00 could be dawn 25:00 could be night (or sunset).

Void|deadjawa said:
I think that it would be cool if there was a single day/night cycle in a 25 minute map. For example 0:00 could be dawn 25:00 could be night (or sunset).

petition to call a map "dawn till dusk"

Underground/Indoor maps would need a form of fast-indoor movement that required skill (second to skiing, possibly speed jumping, with no speed cap)

R@ND0M said:
Underground/Indoor maps would need a form of fast-indoor movement that required skill (second to skiing, possibly speed jumping, with no speed cap)

Imagine indoor maps where the flag is surrounded by large structures. There's a structure above the flags... Players use that to hook onto and swing in and grab the flag. Hooks would be almost exclusively used by players indoors. I think that is damn badass.

Special said:
Agreed. I've always wanted to run routes dodging buildings...
running routes shouldnt be easy... i mean by now anyone can be a fucking capper because its same thing over and over. the thing that seperates the good from the bad are the little things like hiding, running, dueling when youre trapt etc..

with this it would take some super skill

I think any of a selection of us know what it takes to make a great game.
I'm glad Mike is on the development team, because he's probably the best at putting pen to paper when it comes to great ideas.

Back