T3's art direction makes me cry

Neek said:
I'm pretty sure that the stuff that's in the T1 manual is the concept art. http://www.planettribes.com/tribes/screenshots.shtml
The last four.
The manual had a bunch of pencil sketches as well.
I believe there were some rough sketches out there somewhere...
Piata=King said:
Now this is what I'm talking about: http://www.planettribes.com/images/image.asp?/tribes/images/ds_art.jpg

That fucking pwned. Where's my sword in T3? Its the futuristic feel of mixed with a little medieval flare that I liked in tribes.
I was doing some digging a while ago and found that Luis Royo (site has some NWS art) did those four T1 images and some work for T2 as well. Old links are dead. Mirroring atm. A site with scans here.

I wouldn't mind finding out if he has any unreleased Tribes pieces or if he's doing anything for T:V. His other fantasy works are amazing as well. :eek:

edit: previous links died - the 4 T1 images are in Neek's link, the loading screen at GSI - better links in my post below

Kelster said:
I was doing some digging a while ago and found that Luis Royo (site has some NWS art) did those four T1 images and some work for T2 as well. Old links are dead. Mirroring atm. A site with scans here.

I wouldn't mind finding out if he has any unreleased Tribes pieces or if he's doing anything for T:V. His other fantasy works are amazing as well. :eek:

edit: previous links died
Interesting...
I thought I recognised that style.
I believe he did a lot of work for Heavy Metal Magazine.
lrconceptions.jpg

He seems to do mostly half naked chick with sword/gun airbrush type artwork. Not bad.
http://images.google.ca/images?q=Luis+Royo&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&btnG=Google+Search

ive been a fan of royo's work since i saw the t1 concept art. i had a page with more tribes stuff he did (i think, it was so long ago) but its gone now

Thrax Panda said:
Gosh, I wonder if they may have something like kevlar only better 1500 years in the future? Nah, never happen. They'll just wear goat leather.

:heart:

well you are going for the retro look (compared to tribes anyways). Its almost like taking the next ut2k3 and turning it into a western.

Piata=King said:
I won't have faith until the art director gets his head out of his ass and looks at the art style behind the other 2 tribes games and realises what a complete fuck up he's doing. T3 is looking even darker than T2. Tribes has a very unique visual style, and they've completely missed the boat and drowned somewhere off the coast australia.

STFU and STFD.

Model and texture something better yourself. Then throw it away, because NOBODY CARES WHAT YOU THINK.

Irrational > you. This is their job. I think their art director is probably more experienced and skilled than you, and -- based on your posts -- he can hardly help being smarter as well.

. . .

:fu:

Piata=King said:
Or they could make them round and aerodynamic and not look like ass.

Rounding shit off is all about what made T2 gay. T1 was all straight edge aggressive styling which I liked.

Piata=King said:
Whats with the boxy armor and the heavy on hydrolic stilts?

Julia might actually be well designed if it weren't for the fact that she's got two huge chucks of square metal on her feet. Perfect for flying 300+ kph :rolleyes:

Cuz the stealth fighter is aerodynamic.... :rolleyes:

Back