Skins for Tribes 1.40

Alpha Legions preview of the force fields:

http://www.tribeshavoc.com/anubis/downloads/Tribes_1.40v/Skins/Legions_ForceField.zip

semttulodkk.png

Plasma Weapon revamped with new fire and explosion

semttulodsf.png

http://www.tribeshavoc.com/anubis/downloads/Tribes_1.40v/Skins/HQ_PlasmaWep.zip

Last edited:
Good job guys. Keep them coming. Anyone have any armor skins or can someone make the new huds, like chat hud, energy, health, and ect? If Milkman can make something like he had for his 1.30 that would be pretty cool. Also some sounds like when you kill someone like the one from smales config, or chaingun sounds. There is probably some out there but I just don't know where to put them.

Last edited:

Only thing I would like now are some decent looking fonts, and for killpop to make a sound (like smales hud) instead of that stupid message at the bottom.

Keep up the good work fellas :)

I have the file from smales idk if that will work on the 1.40 and I don't know where to put it. It is a vol. file so it should work some where in there.

Oh and can you see the colored armor from a distance. I remember having something like that before but 20 meters away it looked like it went back to the default armor.

Last edited:
sshot0026.png

not sure why, but planets wont work right... is it possible that the size of the skin has increased for 1.40 version? And so, the old sized skin in this version doesnt fit right and leaves the empty marks in white?

LOL thx Niki.

For those who still have problems with installing stuff..
make a folder named skins in base. drop there everything you want.. skies, etc..

Nikita do they just go straight into 'Entities'?

Didn't you ask this before? Replaced skins go in entities. You could also put them in base. You could also modify the path in console.cs and make new folders.

Where do you put the replacement skies?

I dont mean for Storks i mean in general.

All of Nikitas downloads have a readme making it extremely clear where the skins go. Are you really this oblivious? The skins can go in a number of places. Why don't you just try and see what works instead of sitting around waiting to be spoon fed the info?

edit: oh wait you've already been spoon fed the info and you still don't get it. MilkMan also posted that the skins go in Base\Entities in this thread.

Last edited:
Back