[T1 Release] Viking Pack 4.0

Bah you wont like it bc when you have alot of typeing up there it gose past the gui and onto the other gui stuff i couldnt get then chat to go smaller it stayed at i think (370 with)...

Have we found a fix for the fps lag when skiing? Thats the only bug the pack has, so far its unplayable with it.

I hope you dont mind me asking but do you think you could add a few things to the viking pack ill make a list lol

1.Manual IP join
2.A Loadout that can be set up in any mod that will recoginze the mod when you go into the invo....
3.Make yourself a logo kinda thing man something that stands out and people will look at it and say "Hay thats viking pack" like in the interface stuff because you own to yourself to do that i my self like Your pacl over anyother pack.

Anyways thats just something that would be kewl the pack is already nice, but hey why not make it better....?

GL and if you dont want to do any of this thats fine just a idea for futue viking packs. mabe 4.1 :)

Last edited:
for some reason I can't get nades or mines to work. I've got it all worked out in preferences.cs and common.cs but it still won't work, any ideas?

Shinigami said:
fps lag when skiing............?

Too many zeros in your jump delay. Runar has said it already. Enlarge the number a bit until it stops lagging.

Code:
// * This is the "jump-delay" value. You may want to experiment
// a bit with this. z0dd use's 0.001, Poop 0.07 and BigBunny
// uses a value of 0.04. Default 0.003
$Jump:Delay = 0.003;

This is straight from my Preferences.cs file. Lets look:

The smaller your number, the more times your Tribes is trying to execute the Jump command. So if you hold the Space bar and your tribes is set to perform a Jump every 0.00035 seconds, then your going to get some lag, monster machine or not. Make that number somewhat reasonable, like mine, or one of the numbers already listed. This should fix the problem.

Reverend Zero said:
Too many zeros in your jump delay. Runar has said it already. Enlarge the number a bit until it stops lagging.

Code:
// * This is the "jump-delay" value. You may want to experiment
// a bit with this. z0dd use's 0.001, Poop 0.07 and BigBunny
// uses a value of 0.04. Default 0.003
$Jump:Delay = 0.003;

This is straight from my Preferences.cs file. Lets look:

The smaller your number, the more times your Tribes is trying to execute the Jump command. So if you hold the Space bar and your tribes is set to perform a Jump every 0.00035 seconds, then your going to get some lag, monster machine or not. Make that number somewhat reasonable, like mine, or one of the numbers already listed. This should fix the problem.

Well, the default setting in VP 3.3 was 0.003 which I used and never lagged once when skiing.

I change VP4.0 from 0.00035 to 0.003 just like yours, and the 3.3 default setting, and I STILL get the FPS lag, whereas I didnt get it in VP 3.3 :(

Mav said:
Well, the default setting in VP 3.3 was 0.003 which I used and never lagged once when skiing.

I change VP4.0 from 0.00035 to 0.003 just like yours, and the 3.3 default setting, and I STILL get the FPS lag, whereas I didnt get it in VP 3.3 :(

:withstupi

eldee: you've gotta change the bind from

Code:
bindCommand(keyboard0, make, shift, "space", TO, "Jet::Toggle();");
bindCommand(keyboard0, break, shift, "space", TO, "");
to
Code:
bindCommand(mouse0, make, "button1", TO, "Jet::Toggle();");
bindCommand(mouse0, break, "button1", TO, "");
and then change
Code:
bindCommand(mouse0, make, button1, TO, "Jet::Start();");
bindCommand(mouse0, break, button1, TO, "Jet::Stop();");
to
Code:
bindCommand(keyboard0, make, rcontrol, TO, "Jet::Start();");
bindCommand(keyboard0, break, rcontrol, TO, "Jet::Stop();");
should work fine after that
anything is better than presto :p

random.. even i tried to fix his preferences.cs and his config.cs .. it was that he didn't have a clean install of tribes i am guessing. last i heard he was d/l'ing a clean install to try it out again.

Runar said:
vp40.png

ok i still can't figure out what does 56 & 22 mean
someone plz tell.

Back