Old
4223 - 09-23-2012, 23:25
i just made a warrior and named her Myrittle Pony

i have high hopes for her future

coombz
VeteranXX
Old
4224 - 09-23-2012, 23:28
lol eggi...what about City Thief (south park style)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaPpY View Post
i solo champion mobs too good
u might as well play wow or borderlands pve noob :>

Curious_George
VeteranX
Old
4225 - 09-23-2012, 23:53
Now I kind of wish server transfers weren't 24 hours because I want to buy some temple armor but my server doesn't have the Temple of Balthazar captured. So far I've run the event twice and we've failed both times (this is my first day in the Orr zones). Is this a really hard event series or does my server just suck? I'm kind of bummed that I have the karma but can't buy the coat I want

FiEND
VeteranXX
Old
4226 - 09-24-2012, 00:10
you just got to the orr zones and you can afford 42,000/pc karma armour? impressive.

Rurouni
VeteranXX
Old
4227 - 09-24-2012, 00:12
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiEND View Post
you just got to the orr zones and you can afford 42,000/pc karma armour? impressive.
if you pve-ed all the way up, i'm sure that is pretty attainable. i mixed wvwvw and pve and i had close to 36k karma

FiEND
VeteranXX
Old
4228 - 09-24-2012, 00:19
yea im close to 40K karma and spent about 20K but this is per piece so hardly worth stressing over if can only afford 1 pc

drake
VeteranXX
Old
4229 - 09-24-2012, 00:41
Eggo , all you need to know is that Cael and I don't like this game(its boring as **** , grindfest , not innovative , pvp sucks , pve sucks - basically everything sucks).
That's pretty much all the info you need, #superstarcyberathletes , getatmedawg

Curious_George
VeteranX
Old
4230 - 09-24-2012, 00:49
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiEND View Post
yea im close to 40K karma and spent about 20K but this is per piece so hardly worth stressing over if can only afford 1 pc
The medium karma set is probably my favorite medium set in the game, so I'm just excited to start collecting it.

Atreides
VeteranXV
Old
4231 - 09-24-2012, 02:03
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atreides View Post
I'll explain **** later...
alright,

First off, the resurrection utility you get as a thief is ****ing ridiculous. Blinding powder has a small AoE stealth to it. Run up to who ever you want to res(or execute), and pre-empt with blinding powder to conceal yourself. On top of that stealthing allies grants them regen. This counts towards their rally if they aren't completely dead.

shadow refuge - more group stealth/healing. This may also be a bug that'll be fixed, but the pulses from shadow refuge re-stealth you, stacking might each time thanks to the 25 point shadow arts passive. This refuge is also a dark combo filed.

Acrobatics: 5 point passive gives a nice speed boost when you evade - works while swimming too. 10 point passive reduces fall damage, also procs a small AoE stealth on you and nearby allies when you take fall damage.

Trickery: Caltrops when you dodge is a good way to cripple/bleed without having to spend initiative. Bountiful theft and thrill of the crime both give big boons to allies when you steal.

combat: dagger offhand ability places you in stealth. In combination with every other means of stealthing; you can keep regen and might rolling most of the time. Passives from trickery extend max initiative by 3, as well as grants 3 when you steal making for a good emergency reserve. You could also swap out the signet for something like roll for initiative, which I think gives 6 on use.

Short Bow - Easily my most used weapon. AoE poison/combo field ability. But what I spam the most is the #2. Its a ground-target based cluster bomb. You can detonate the projectile mid-air to explode into 3 cluster bombs that each apply a bleed (I believe the detonated version doesn't count as a combo finisher). Essentially, you can pointblank spam this ability to stack bleeds up to 15 in a matter of seconds. It's also a good way to harass players on the other side of a keep gate (shoot the door from you side, and it'll hit players on the other side). The #3 is a disengage shot that launches you away from your target, as well as cripples them. The #5 blinks you to your ground target - allowing you to blink down the field for faster mobility.

I like this for instances and WvW. Getting downed allies back up safely is something I've found to be a big difference maker.

Bughead
VeteranXX
Old
4232 - 09-24-2012, 02:04
Quote:
Originally Posted by drake View Post
Eggo , all you need to know is that Cael and I don't like this game(its boring as **** , grindfest , not innovative , pvp sucks , pve sucks - basically everything sucks).
That's pretty much all the info you need, #superstarcyberathletes , getatmedawg
It has some neat features I wish other MMOs had (don't have to worry about tagging mobs, the DEs are a nice touch although not properly implemented IMO, etc.).

Other than that I will agree though. This isn't a game that's designed to be played for an extended amount of time. They tried to artificially prolong gameplay by adding a huge grind for the end-game but it doesn't feel rewarding enough to bother.

The PvP isn't bad, but still has quite a bit of balancing to go through.

GiftOfTheGame
VeteranXV
Old
4233 - 09-24-2012, 12:05
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious_George View Post
Now I kind of wish server transfers weren't 24 hours because I want to buy some temple armor but my server doesn't have the Temple of Balthazar captured. So far I've run the event twice and we've failed both times (this is my first day in the Orr zones). Is this a really hard event series or does my server just suck? I'm kind of bummed that I have the karma but can't buy the coat I want
The Balthazar event is pretty hard for a big group of pubbies, I rarely ever see it completed. Probably because he can pretty much AoE one shot big groups of people and pubs just love to stand in big clumps

Eggi
VeteranXX
Old
4234 - 09-24-2012, 12:18
YOU AINT MY KIN

Skeletor666
Merried Man4
Old
4235 - 09-24-2012, 13:49
crystal desert was too full any Teedubs on Gates of Madness?

mammama*wub*wub*mamama Madness

$tarlight
VeteranXV
Old
4236 - 09-24-2012, 13:51
is TW on CD? I rolled there last night.

Eggi
VeteranXX
Old
4237 - 09-24-2012, 13:54
TW is on CD

i had fun playing wvw last night as I am starting to figure out how that **** works, will be fun if we start getting a group of TWers to play it consistently

i need to get a new setup before i can actually participate though. my **** goes down to like 5fps if there are more than 10 ppl on the screen.

TonyElTigre
VeteranXX
Old
4238 - 09-24-2012, 14:52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeletor666 View Post

Just transfer

coombz
VeteranXX
Old
4239 - 09-24-2012, 14:56
Gave engineer a good run in pub pvp yesterday with the pistol/shield/bombs condition dmg build someone linked...pretty powerful but i need to work out the kind of ridiculously tanky build i see all the time in tourneys...google not helpful ;<

DeadlyRabbit
VeteranXV
Old
4240 - 09-24-2012, 15:10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeletor666 View Post

I was on Gates of Madness, I kept checking when I logged in to play to see if CD wasn't full, first time I saw it wasn't I transferred. The transfers are fast, takes a few minutes.

Page 212 of 238

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Guild Wars 2

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
goshin , happy didn't like ap