Marweas still hasnt told us about getting fired

If a new game did come out that was a replica of T1 with up-to-date graphics and everything all of you could ever dream of, with plenty of marketing support and no bugs, I would put money on it not being a success. I'm sure most of you would get tired of it and stop playing.

why not both?

my old email account was disabled so i sent it there and now i have to wait 24 hrs to request my login info again lol

i bet there's tons of people at vivendi support who can help me right?

fuck maybe target knows, he's got like a memory or something

I tried every single variation of all of my passwords I have used since that time.

I got it on about the 5th try, luckily.

heh

Who else was immediately addicted to T1 after reading the fanfic story in the original (large) manual? Friggin loved that thing. It just put me right into the world everytime I read it.

Man I should find out if it's cool / legal to show off the original design document for FEAR (the original name of Tribes, before it was switched to Tribes, and was solely single-player). Bioderms, all kinds of crazy stuff. That design doc was like 5 lbs and had 300+ pages of history. Truly crazy stuff. I have all the old design docs dating back to the mid 90s for that stuff courtesy of the old Dynamix guys (actually we have original TIM art, all kinds of stuff from the older games). None of this stuff is in digital form though. I saw a lot of this stuff fall out of the woodwork that had been lost to some old dark dusty storage room (everything from design docs to original willy beamish art, to a Red Baron jacket, and more). While some of this stuff was pointed back to Jeff T, who has a pretty impressive collection of stuff, anything odd, like the FEAR doc I tried to protect from disappearing and stowed in a safe place at GG. If anything it's just neat to know it existed.

Fact: The reason the name Tribes came about was because you can't trademark FEAR as a name (which is why the trademark on the recent game, F.E.A.R. is actually First encounter assault recon). Tribes was called Fear years before, and bioderms predate the name tribes in design.

Last edited:
Some of the other more interesting items I found when we moved were also a few unopened copies of the Starsiege boardgame that came out, a whole bunch of old starsiege and tribes hats, even some Starseige velcro/metal wristwatches. All dead of course, but I put all of it in safe keeping. It was wierd, like some time capsule or something opened up when we moved.

Man I should find out if it's cool / legal to show off the original design document for FEAR (the original name of Tribes, before it was switched to Tribes, and was solely single-player). Bioderms, all kinds of crazy stuff. That design doc was like 5 lbs and had 300+ pages of history. Truly crazy stuff. I have all the old design docs dating back to the mid 90s for that stuff courtesy of the old Dynamix guys (actually we have original TIM art, all kinds of stuff from the older games). None of this stuff is in digital form though. I saw a lot of this stuff fall out of the woodwork that had been lost to some old dark dusty storage room (everything from design docs to original willy beamish art, to a Red Baron jacket, and more). While some of this stuff was pointed back to Jeff T, who has a pretty impressive collection of stuff, anything odd, like the FEAR doc I tried to protect from disappearing and stowed in a safe place at GG. If anything it's just neat to know it existed.

Fact: The reason the name Tribes came about was because you can't trademark FEAR as a name (which is why the trademark on the recent game, F.E.A.R. is actually First encounter assault recon). Tribes was called Fear years before, and bioderms predate the name tribes in design.
Do it. PDF it all.

Do it! By the way...to all you devs/Marweas:

How receptive would you (as developers, and a connection into the game developement world) be in a couple years to budding computer science major who wants to make an epic (yea I went there) FPS (maybe MMO) using a mod originally created for T2 (Great Tribal War) as a loose proof of concept? :) I know that's extremely vague, cliche, and far off, but I'm just kinda curious if you think there's a market for such a game after Planetside.

We're actually going to host a pickup game in T2 for GTW that will hopefully attract 40+ players. You should expect invites in your PM box, so install T2 again. Bwahahaha.

[/shameless plug]

Back