[Release Thread] Overwatch

The problem with the hog changes is his design in the first place was bad - a hero designed around one-shotting people, essentially - so any change to stray away from that is going to feel like they're gutting him to people that play him a lot. I mean, he can still one shot some of the squishier heroes, but now medium hp targets will require a little more finesse like landing a right click on them first before hooking. The hook by itself is still a good tool, you just need some coordination with your team so they can assist on your target. Flanking roadhog is dead I think, but I'm curious to see how top tier players use him now.

The issue I have with Roadhog's changes boil down to his roll in the group. His damage took a massive hit, and with everyone now playing D.Va/Winston/Rein/Orisa, it's shields for days.

He no longer punishes people for positioning in bad places, his hook still has the same cooldown, and while it's on cooldown you've got nothing else going for you. He's a fat fucking target to give the enemy team a ton of ult charge for free.

His hook wasn't adjusted either, so players can easily get hooked, go into your face, but instead of landing a shot or any damage more often than not you're left with them using any of their defensive abilities before you can even fire your weapon. But even when you do land it they just get away anyways.

Again, begs the question as to what Roadhog's function in the group is supposed to be now.

Apr 18

Over the past few weeks we’ve been reviewing reports from players about how their SR gains after a win appear to be lower when they play as a support. I wanted to share some of the results of the investigations so far and clear up some community misconceptions along the way.
The calculation of your SR adjustment after a match doesn’t look at your teammates, but instead compares you to the performance of other similarly skilled players with that hero across an enormous pool of competitive matches. So, we compare your Genji play to the play of other Genjis, Ana vs. Anas, etc. Since we’re comparing “apples to apples”, we shouldn’t see any kind of support specific bias in SR adjustments due to player performance.

We’re still seeing anecdotal reports of some players experiencing lower SR gains on wins, but we’ve also been seeing other reports from other support players that their SR gains look correct. Based upon our investigations so far doesn’t look like there’s a broad systemic issue affecting all supports across all competitive matches. There might be a more localized issue affecting a specific hero, or a certain type of play style or game situation. It also might be something completely unexpected, so we’re doing a thorough examination of all the code that affects SR adjustment.
Supports and Skill Rating - Overwatch Forums

I see accuracy as a stat, I wonder how much that goes into the SR rating simply because I'm not sure there is a way to take suppressive fire into account.

havent played OW for 2 weeks...PUBG is fun as hell...playing in DUO rank with real life buddy...no more frustrating random teammates, no more trolls, no more win 1 game and lose 1.. what a breath of fresh air after Dota and OW

I see accuracy as a stat, I wonder how much that goes into the SR rating simply because I'm not sure there is a way to take suppressive fire into account.

Accuracy is needed no matter what, but I think damage caused to characters is rated higher than accuracy. Even at the pro level a character like soldier can be around 40% of accuracy, but is the nature of that character. A really good phara player can be around 65+% but with splash damage you are getting a lot of hits.

A player using widow or hanzo with 20% accuracy means they are playing the wrong character.

I am not great at the game, with Ana I am pretty consistent at around 55+% unscoped and less consistent at 60-80+% scoped accuracy. A lot of that comes from who your teammates are, chain healing tanks makes unscoped go higher, but half the time you have a genji asking for heals and they keep dodging your heals even when they are standing in a safe spot.

Play the lowest sensitivity you can tolerate in this game, bad aim is probably what keeps people in gold and below over anything else because SR is rated on personal performance.

I haven't played much comp this season, but at 2700 I was losing maybe 20 SR for a loss, but 40 for a win. If you are playing at a SR lower than what you should be the game punish you less for a loss, that is why if someone drops from your team don't throw, keep playing as best as you can because you can minimize the SR loss that way.

pubg is kind of fun but hate all the waiting around for shit

wait for action
wait to die
die
wait for loading screen
load back in
wait for plane

wait wait wait

player unknowns waiting time

I have been playing diva and winston as my tanks of choice the last few days in quickplay, reignhardt and roadhog are less common, teams at my rank aren't able to deal with it as well.

wait for action
wait to die
die
wait for loading screen
load back in
wait for plane

wait wait wait

? u could land on one of those big places u know? at least 10 ppl nearby with tons of action.

dont worry
pubg is the next FOTM game like h1z1 titanfall or sw:bg
dead within 3 months

dont worry
pubg is the next FOTM game like h1z1 titanfall or sw:bg
dead within 3 months

It released in EA 3 months ago bro

Get on this shit, its too good

wait for action
wait to die
die
wait for loading screen
load back in
wait for plane

wait wait wait

When you are new at BG you try and avoid fights at the start. After playing awhile you realize that winning is all about conquering a city, picking all the best loot out and moving on to the next.

itll b dead any fuckin second
it fits all of the mandatory categories for FOTM forgettable game

Talking about SW:BG, they really shit the bed with that, ruined exactly what made the BF series good in the first place. After I did just about everything you could in BF 4 I went back to BF Hardline and it was actually a pretty good game by the time the last DLC came out.

But the SW:BG and BF1 are just garbage and no fun at all and I've been buying that series since BF2. Very sad!

my gripe with PUBG isn't so with avoiding fights...mainly with how long it takes to load the game. if you die, you have to exit back out (takes a bit), then rejoin, wait another 50 seconds, etc.

i must be instantly gratified!

was watching seagull's stream of him playing doomfist for a few hours. It was pretty insane, but then again like he was saying on stream, there's no real idea right now seeing as ptr doesnt have any ranking and he was probably smashing a bunch of lower ranked people.

Back