Post your rigs, TW!!

In most the cases that I have seen though, that "1 guy with the 1 guitar"... his guitar is worth more than an entire guitar center location hahaha. I guess I just romanticize both, and like I said most of us just end up with all this equipment. Every piece I have sold I ended up having an application for later. So I stopped selling pieces. Thats been my experience.

I can respect the not getting into too much equipment. I took pride in the fact I played an Aria Pro II and played KMD amps all through high school. Technique matters 100% to me and the guys that just strummed bad versions of power chords into fender/marshalls annoyed the shit out of me. For me though, you do run into a wall where the sound you hear isn't always technique based and you begin exploring the other side.
Agreed, and that's sorta where I'm at. You can be an amazing player, but if you're playing through a cheap solid state practice amp, your tone obviously suffers. If you're serious about playing or performing, tone is vitally important. It takes a long time to dial in your "sound", and a lot of guitarists never find it.

** BUMP!! **

My girlfriend bought me a Glen Burton Violin Style Bass for Christmas and she took it to a few of my friends who work at Martin Guitars who restrung it and set it up for me. Looks like sex, plays awesome.

burt4.jpg

I got myself a Gibson SG the other day. Perty guitar. Mounted it on my wall, now all the ladies quiver with moisture when they come over.

Some crappy low-light pics...

IMG_0479.JPG

I see lots of guys playing through an OCD...I've been tempted, but I have so many pedals already. I need to put together a do-it-all pedalboard.

There are 4 versions of the OCD since it came out. Version 3 is the best imo. I only know that because I've been researching hard for pedals lately.

The thing flat out rocks.
You can back off your volume and not lose a note.

It runs on anything from 9 VDC to 18 VDC - tone and boost change with the voltage.
It can provide a 30 db boost.
Turn the drive up and throw out your fuzz/distortion.

That was just during a break at band practice. I have two stands that I keep my guitars on in my room. My drummer leaves the Jackson and my Epiphone Special just sitting around, but I'm not worried about it. He's a good friend and takes care of my stuff. But yeah, I definitely keep my gear on stands or in the cases.

I bought this from Musician's Friend for $381 last October.
Now they are $499.
Awesome toy.

recorder.jpg

Four tracks at once.
Bounce & repeat until you fill all sixteen.
40 gb hd
CDRW
Phantom power

From Left to right:
Sparkly Green Gibson LP (partially obscured)
Alvarez 12 String acoustic
Purple MIM Fender strat (by TV) going through(some are obscured):
Boss DS1 distortion
MXR doubleshot distortion
Digitech DD20 dela
Electro Harmonix pulsar tremelo
Boss SL20 audio slicer
Electro Harmonix frequency analyzer ring modulator
Akai headrush delay/looper (one of two)
Shitty ass tone robbing 15w crate practice amp
Behind the TV and strat is a digital 8 track and mic with wind screen
Purple MIM Fender Jazz Bass (leaning into amp with yellow shoes)
Runs through another Akai Headrush delay/looper
INTO
Ibanez SW65 bass amp
Takamine Acoustic/electric
Low table:
hercules RMX DJ/audio interface and accompanying laptop
streams input from behringer 4 track mixer next to the PC monitor
MicroKORG, Boss SP 202 and DR 770 connect to mixer FROM the large desk
Large desk:
Melodica
Mission bookshelf monitors
M Audio MIDIsport 4x4 MIDI interface (PC connected to 8 track, synthesizer, drum machine, sample)
Underneath the desk is a 25w fender amp.

The fan on top of the TV is the best fan I have ever owned or experienced, I would recommend them to anyone in need of or desiring a portable electric fan for their home, office, RV, boat or steamboat. You may not understand being really jacked up about a fan, and it is because you have never felt a fan like this before. This fan will blow you away. No joke.

recording_rig.jpg

Custom Marshall TSL100 JCM 2000
Mesa-Boogie TriAxis/2:Ninety
Rivera M100
Custom Mesa Mark IV
Marshall 1960B 4x12

I used all of these amps for various sounds on a recent recording of the rock band.

I got to use some of Garth Richardson's gear on our latest recordings; he's a big producer here in Vancouver. Man, he has a huge collection of stuff! I had a lot of fun fucking around with all his vintage amps and pedals, which have been used on a bunch of big albums.

Last edited:
Back