Is it possible to get the client's CPU ID?

perrinoia

Veteran X
I noticed my client echos my CPU specs when I connect to a server... Is there anyway for the server to identify clients by CPU serial number or something like that, for banning purposes?

you can check $CPU::Vendor and $CPU::Mhz but they don't really provide anything identifiable

iirc nofix had a way of getting the machines GUID or SID but i dont' remember if it was being done with a plugin or whether tribes had some way of getting that by itself

Yeah, I saw those 2 variables, but I can't use those for banning douche bags who change their name and ip on a regular basis, because I'd end up banning everyone with a 1.73 GHz Core i7 CPU...

I'm on the dev team for Annihilation BR and I'm also writing my own mod and helping a friend write an RPG mod, so I would prefer if this script/plugin could be added to any server.

Have you looked at the 1.31FoX version of the tribes client? The server side is not available for general download but there was some motion in the direction you are headed.

server handshake 4: get cpuinfo
client handshake 4: 0xF0F0F0F0 0x0000000F 0x00000020 0x00000190 0x0000006C false

in addition there was some effort to have the server generate a unique "cookie" and store it in the client's play.gui file. later the "cookie" could be retreived by remote query.

fox is deprecated and we don't generally see fox servers around anymore but some of that thinking may be accessible to you - before you ask i do not have it. years ago but pretty much abandoned.

rather than actually code functionality into the mod (active mode?) the anni "devs" LOL code admin abuse functions and enable shitty admins

when people get pissed off at getting abused by shitty admins the "devs" LOL work themselves into a frenzy trying to ban people they can't ban

retards

Have you looked at the 1.31FoX version of the tribes client? The server side is not available for general download but there was some motion in the direction you are headed.

server handshake 4: get cpuinfo
client handshake 4: 0xF0F0F0F0 0x0000000F 0x00000020 0x00000190 0x0000006C false

in addition there was some effort to have the server generate a unique "cookie" and store it in the client's play.gui file. later the "cookie" could be retreived by remote query.

fox is deprecated and we don't generally see fox servers around anymore but some of that thinking may be accessible to you - before you ask i do not have it. years ago but pretty much abandoned.

the info was stored in clientprefs and was named after some almost legit sound setting and was checked via some nasty remoteEval that defined some random ass function (and checked for happymod files as example). In other words it's not possible without modification of Tribes.exe

Last edited:
Back