[Onyxia] Don't let this happen to you

yeah. at the end of stage one she hatches a decent amount of eggs on both sides (under 10 whelps on each side) and i think they periodically spawn. getting to close to the whelp pits will spawn a few

get knocked inside the whelp pits and...

So has there been a strategy set for defeating her? I havn't seen anything like that. What makes her so hard? What do you have to watch out for?

what hes showing is someone got hit by her tail and knocked into one of the egg pits which resulted in a ton of whelps. that many whelps instantly hitting 1 target = insta death and raid wipe.

Hobbiticus said:
So has there been a strategy set for defeating her? I havn't seen anything like that. What makes her so hard? What do you have to watch out for?
Yes, there are set strategies for defeating her. The most difficult parts of the fight are avoiding the whelps, avoiding her "deep breath", and avoiding lava cracks when being feared.

I could type it all out but I'll refer you to a very nice guide (we got this after we had set our strategy though, was fun learning :)
http://pacifistguild.org/onyxia/

We've had people get knocked into the pits and handle the whelps no problem. Just gotta frost nova then ae, we've recovered from dumbshits many times. We got her down to 35% once when we had a Warder aggro midfight from the hallway, managed to kill him though, not good enough unfortunately :/

actually that picture was taken yesterday after we killed onyxia

we wanted to see what happens when you shield a rogue and he sprints through one entrance of the pits and comes out the other side

the result is over 50 whelps. i lagged and i think everyone but 3 (including me) got into the portals

i died. resurrect and the portal disappears as i click on it so hte whelps swarmed me again. 4g repair costs for an onyxia run that killed her on the first attempt :/

stupid whelps

ive made a rogue to tool around with. basically waiting for BG. MC+onyxia+kazzak is just farming now

its not fun at all. so ive been ganking and dicking around until its time for BG. i was thinking of cancelling until BG

I think the only people that wanna keep playing are those who have the guilds to do the upper runs :/

Everybody else I know is just gonna quit because they're fed up with trying to do MC through all the bugs and glitches.

Our warlock spent 6 hours in BRD summoning people as they got online to do the MC discovery quest, We all zoned in, Only to found oruselves split in several different groups.

Now here's the interesting thing, When we all got split, I actually zoned into a DIFFERENT guilds instance, I ran in, went "Cool, we're all here" Then I see a different guild tag on everyone.

As for our warlock, he's already quit.

you know, i looked at this pic before running onyxia tonight and thought to myself "wtf lolz how in the hell would anyone get knocked into the pits?", and then while running her tonight a gdamn rogue got knocked into the pit bringing down the wrath of the whelps on my group.

sweet sweet irony. :(

isn't the hard part that in stage 2 it's nearly impossible to keep aggro and she freaks out and kills all the casters?

in other news, she was downed again... i think saga became the 3rd.. or maybe 4th to do it on Illidan.

onyxiadown.jpg

--Xancha

Blotter said:
We've had people get knocked into the pits and handle the whelps no problem. Just gotta frost nova then ae, we've recovered from dumbshits many times. We got her down to 35% once when we had a Warder aggro midfight from the hallway, managed to kill him though, not good enough unfortunately :/
same happened the run before. one came out of no where while she was in the air. everyone stayed calm, and we took it out... too bad that drained the healers, and bunched ppl up for the deep breath that took me and quite a few ppl out. the ppl that were left managed to get her on the ground again, but the mt missed a few too many hits and never got aggro and ... pwipe.

we came back, and to the amazement of everyone we had 35 or so ppl alive for stage 3, and it was smooth sailing once we got her grounded and the mt established aggro.

Last edited:
no its pretty easy. when we did her on wednesday she turned off twice while tank was alive and the tank died once and she aggroed myself and 2 others (healers and mages) but i just to the north and the backup tank got her under control after that

Ztir said:
stage three then, i know that one of them she goes nuts and it's almost impossible to keep aggro

Stage 1 and 3 are identical, save for the lava cracks and the fear (unless something has changed since the patch.. haven't really played much in Raid stuff since then). You might be thinking of Stage 2.. but you shouldn't be trying to hold aggro during that Stage. You just blast the everloving shit out of her, and keep her DoT'ed to keep her from taking a deep breath.

Back