anyone know WHY all these servers are down?

Something to do with a bug where you could create a character with someone elses name, so if youre logged on they cant log in or something like that. They took the servers down for *approximatly 45 minues* yet its been over 2 hours, so yes this is fucking rediculous.

Xeri0us said:
Something to do with a bug where you could create a character with someone elses name, so if youre logged on they cant log in or something like that. They took the servers down for *approximatly 45 minues* yet its been over 2 hours, so yes this is fucking rediculous.
ya but the servers they have listed are a fraction of the servers that are down

so is it the same issue or does blizzard just not update lists...?

i bet it's not even that, and they honestly don't know which servers are down or not

Its just weird. They have sold a shitload of copies, a shitload of subscribers...you'd think they'd hire some people to fix this shit faster.

And BH has been down ALL day, it never came up.

I fucking pay 13.99 a month for this shit, i want a fucking day tacked onto my account.

God damnit they bumped the ETA back to 8:45, but now its 9:00...so...:rolleyes:

in3vitabl3on3 said:
I fucking pay 13.99 a month for this shit, i want a fucking day tacked onto my account.

God damnit they bumped the ETA back to 8:45, but now its 9:00...so...:rolleyes:
Where'd you get that ETA from?

Xeri0us said:
Yes. After this morning's baby patch, players were able to jupe character names.

I don't know how Blizzard's programmers managed to fuck this up, but fuck it up they did.

Raven said:
Its just weird. They have sold a shitload of copies, a shitload of subscribers...you'd think they'd hire some people to fix this shit faster.

exactly what I've been thinking...

They're making over $20 million/month now, can't they afford more employees to maintain the servers and more coders to patch bugs faster? I'm sure they've broken even on development costs by now...The only reason I can see is that it might be tough and take a bunch of time to fill new guys in.

At the very least they could hire some more modelers to create content (like the new epic mounts that are taking so long) more quickly. You sure wouldn't need to be a part of the original development "team" to do skinning/modelling.

My server has been down all day too...

Another thing that bothers me is they act like they're doing a good job. Id feel better if they said "We fucked up, you guys get today free, sorry, but no one will be able to play today

Yeah, so I bet they don't get this shit resolved for another 12 hours or so. I'm so fucking pissed off, i had today off, tomorrow is fucking crazy, i lost out on at least 12 hours of playing.

Raven said:

And BH has been down ALL day, it never came up.

You're on BH? Cool, me too. I think it's in my sig still but:

<- Nephalem, 60 Night Elf Warrior (with a big axe) ;]

Back