Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > World of Warcraft
Reload this Page Attitude by Class
Page 1 of 3
Feannag
VeteranXV
Old
1 - 03-20-2005, 22:30
I have found a a recurring pattern with player attitudes in terms of class on the three realms I have participated in, one of each of the rulesets. And one is that usually got much paladins are god-awful pricks. I know the two faction-only classes are rather self-sufficient, and I take it their overly arrogant "everyone cna go **** themselves" by contribute heavily to this. But to be fair paladins are much more suited to it than shamans, given these points.

1. Paladins get plate armor, and generally higher armor ratings.
2. Paladins get more healing spells and shielding powers to allow them to survive everything barring a thermo-nuclear device.
3. Paladins have broader weapon access

Anyone met any shaman players who fall into the attitude of overbearing self-sufficiency or is it just the paladins?

It should also be noted sometimes priests at higher levels tend to get cocky, given their healing powers are more efficient than that of paladins and evidence they have literally gotten a party through an instance on their healing powers alone.

Sponsored Links
Tiger
VeteranX
Old
2 - 03-20-2005, 22:47
shamans = jesus in this game...self res, heals, travel form, frost shock

one thing I hate is self centered mages who just blast all their **** at some mob, getting aggro and complaining about no heals...they dont realize that subtlety is golden in instances/full groups

Pagy
VeteranXX
Old
3 - 03-20-2005, 23:52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoop
shamans = jesus in this game...self res, heals, travel form, frost shock

one thing I hate is self centered mages who just blast all their **** at some mob, getting aggro and complaining about no heals...they dont realize that subtlety is golden in instances/full groups
sometimes you'll get shamans that think they are dps machines and not healers

typically the most played classes are most played by idiots... classes come to mind like rogues, hunters, warriors, pallies and shamans. Sure smart people play these classes, but i find a lot of the casual numbskulls frequent these classes.

i did a ubrs run today with some shamans cocksucker that *****ed our healer out nonstop and refused to heal himself or others... i imagine some pallies do that same.

Ztir
VeteranXX
Old
4 - 03-20-2005, 23:55
except jesus didn't have 10 minutes of ressurection sickness when he came back to life

AcidBurn
VeteranX
Old
5 - 03-21-2005, 00:00
I think rogues are typically douche bags, like myself.

Helado
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
6 - 03-21-2005, 01:44
Rogues up until 58 = cocks. Rogues at 58+ = Thankful someone let me in their group so I'll shut my trap. Alot of priests (myself included) tend to be impatient (although I'm used to sitting around 45 minutes after the group was "ready to go" as was advertised).

Feannag
VeteranXV
Old
7 - 03-21-2005, 01:45
Yeah, over-nuking mages are annoying. Especially in those close-quarter instances where mobs don't have to run far to get help.

I played a shaman for a while, the self-rez doesn't seem all that spectatular. It costs money to use with reagents and it gives you rez sickness. Seems more like an emergency anti-wipe tactic in instances as an absolute last resort.

Playing a paladin is generally easier than shaman. Heavier armor early on, and heavier still later. Practically everything that's not a buff is a heal and you have "life" spells that can totally heal you or shield from damage.

As my time with a shaman, I found I had to pay more attention to mana management, especially grouping in instances. Really can't spam a shock and then find you got no mana to heal, and more often than not I was the primary healer so I had to watch to make sure no one died.

Rogues are also easy to play thanks to their stealthy tactics and a modest dedication to First Aid. They can usually Vanish or stun or otherwise incapacitate to get away from trouble, and when they show up they dole some high DPS. If the fight goes bad, Vanish, bandage, sneak back, you get back in there inside of ten seconds.

So I guess the majority of the douchebags who want to play on "easy" choose Rogue or Paladin for a class. Don't know exactly how useful paladins are in raids, but many state rogues are not only too numerous but also they aren't that useful.

Reggs
VeteranXX
Old
8 - 03-21-2005, 01:56
Pallys are cool because we dont have to rely on anyone. In my PvP experiences thus far iv been able to take out casters easaly, and been able to run to a safe place with no problems. The best part of being a pally is never realy dieing unless you do something stupid or are in a group of idiots. I think you meet alot of cocky pallys becuase they are often valued as the healers of a group, yet we can tank if needed(Im thinking 4-5 man group), so poeple just see us doing alot and that goes to alot of ppls heads. I cant speak for other classes becuase I dont realy group that often.

ZenTseTse
VeteranX
Old
9 - 03-21-2005, 02:01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helado
Rogues up until 58 = cocks. Rogues at 58+ = Thankful someone let me in their group so I'll shut my trap. Alot of priests (myself included) tend to be impatient (although I'm used to sitting around 45 minutes after the group was "ready to go" as was advertised).
lmao

i'd say the same for hunters, too. the typical lowbie hunters are either "ooops, this is my first char and pets seemed cool" or total asshat drunktards who seem to camp instance entrances for invites then proceed to aggro the whole thing and wiping the group out while finding it funnier each time.

at the highest level, if they arent completely solo-artists, they are usually tied to decent guilds and pretty mature players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggs
I cant speak for other classes becuase I dont realy group that often.
You made that very clear in your other comments and sound like a typical pally, reggs.

Feannag
VeteranXV
Old
10 - 03-21-2005, 02:01
Of course their healing spells can't really compared to a properly specced priest, and you have less aggro-management/tanking options than a warrior does.

If every class had a skill to reduce threat, then it would be simple to make a monster thrash on the HP Battery. As for healers I would prefer priests to paladins when it came to grouping. I rarely see them do more for me than some blessing as they run by.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenTseTse
lmao

i'd say the same for hunters, too. the typical lowbie hunters are either "ooops, this is my first char and pets seemed cool" or total asshat drunktards who seem to camp instance entrances for invites then proceed to aggro the whole thing and wiping the group out while finding it funnier each time.
You mean like "Hey I'll jump down this small cliff and my pet will run around and grab every mob in between"? Yeah, those are REAL fun...

Raven
VeteranXV
Old
11 - 03-21-2005, 02:09
Um

Paladins are basically anti-wipe. We throw out a few extra heals in order to save some priests mana. We also shield/heal the priest. The class is easy to level but aggrivating because we don't do much damage against most mobs (except for undead, which at 60 I can crit for 1000). If your group has a paladin, or even 2, as main healers, you guys are in for many wipes OR a **** ton of down time. We simply dont have the mana efficency in our heal spells to get even CLOSE to a priest. In a boss fight a pally who's healing will get about 4 heals off (6 if your specced right) before he's totally tapped for mana. Then your basically useless because you need mana for all your abilities.

We are easy-mode for the most part, as in leveling a paladin is not very complex. It isn't easymode in staying focused, however, because finishing the character from 57-60 can be PAINFULLY slow.

sekdar
VeteranX
Old
12 - 03-21-2005, 07:48
i have seen complete idiots and very smart players of every class except priest (what kind of selfish dumb**** ******* would play a priest, anyways?). there are plenty of good people that know their classes and plenty that don't; i don't find it weighted towards any one class.

certain classes are more dumb-player friendly, though.

ThisIsNotMyName
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
13 - 03-21-2005, 08:49
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenTseTse
the bold section is me!

but seriously, gimmee some gripes about hunters...

How should a hunter not aggro and cause a wipe in an instance. I've done some reading already but would like your take on it.

Draynar
VeteranX
Old
14 - 03-21-2005, 09:47
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeNdeL
the bold section is me!

but seriously, gimmee some gripes about hunters...

How should a hunter not aggro and cause a wipe in an instance. I've done some reading already but would like your take on it.
I know for raids our hunters use feign death every 30 seconds (time it takes to repop) and it stops them from gaining agro really well. (had some issues with this first few 40 man raids heh)

Calamari
VeteranXV
Old
15 - 03-21-2005, 10:26
I tend to find that the lower level mages can be a pain in the ass, because they haven't learned how to properly manage aggro for their class.

Following that, I've never really had problems with 'dick' rogues, per say, just rogues who need a leash. Out of all the rogues I've played with, including the 2 high level ones in my own guild, only 1 didn't have severe ADD issues =/

My only other issue is high level warriors who still believe they are DPS.

-MT-Stealth
VeteranXV
Old
16 - 03-21-2005, 10:48
i've been leveling my lowbie warrior (lvl 18) and the only class that pisses me off is another warrior. Seems like most of them don't know what the **** they're doing. For example, last night, this 2nd warrior in my group would never switch stances to use taunt or other abilities. He'd just tank one single mob and didn't even care to see if the healer was being attacked or not. I was running around like crazy, switching between stances to use taunt and mocking strike to get agro from cloth users. Newbie warlocks are a little irritating as well; they think they're god damn mages with pet.

Viracocha
VeteranXX
Old
17 - 03-21-2005, 11:07
I have one of those ADD rogues who just bombs through instances drawing agro, not caring that the mana peeps are all hurting for some downtime... Getting to the point no one wants to group with him

Archimedes
VeteranXV
Old
18 - 03-21-2005, 11:45
Poor Paladins. You guys don't have any dps anymore. :p

Archimedes
VeteranXV
Old
19 - 03-21-2005, 11:46
Quote:
Originally Posted by -MT-Stealth
i've been leveling my lowbie warrior (lvl 18) and the only class that pisses me off is another warrior. Seems like most of them don't know what the **** they're doing.
I am a lvl 60 warrior... most warriors have no clue what the hell they're doing, even at lvl 60.

consultant
VeteranXX
Old
20 - 03-21-2005, 12:25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggs
Pallys are cool because we dont have to rely on anyone. In my PvP experiences thus far iv been able to take out casters easaly, and been able to run to a safe place with no problems. The best part of being a pally is never realy dieing unless you do something stupid or are in a group of idiots. I think you meet alot of cocky pallys becuase they are often valued as the healers of a group, yet we can tank if needed(Im thinking 4-5 man group), so poeple just see us doing alot and that goes to alot of ppls heads. I cant speak for other classes becuase I dont realy group that often.

I LOVE smashing the **** out of pallys just like you lvl 48 Shadow Spec Priest

Page 1 of 3

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > World of Warcraft
Reload this Page Attitude by Class

Social Website Bullshit