Priests/Casters/Warriors someone explain shield bash mechanics by Helado - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > World of Warcraft
Reload this Page Priests/Casters/Warriors someone explain shield bash mechanics
Helado
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
1 - 03-29-2005, 12:31
So, this one has baffled me for awhile. My understanding of a standard shield bash (w/out silence) was that it disrupts your casting in that book of spells, but why does it effect pw:s, which is in the discipline line, when it interrupts a holy spell?

Sponsored Links
Big Dick Dudley
VeteranX
Old
2 - 03-29-2005, 12:38
I think the school of magic is offensive vs. defensive. Or something along those lines. So if you get bashed during a heal, you lose pw:s since thats a "defensive" spell. And if you get bashed during a mindblast, you lose mana burn, smite, etc. Its still confusing for me however.

StreakinMe
VeteranX
Old
3 - 03-30-2005, 15:51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helado
So, this one has baffled me for awhile. My understanding of a standard shield bash (w/out silence) was that it disrupts your casting in that book of spells, but why does it effect pw:s, which is in the discipline line, when it interrupts a holy spell?
Because the school of magic refers to shadow, holy, nature, etc. not which talent tree it's on. PW:S is a holy spell, as are your heals. If one of your heals get's bashed then all the other holy spells you have, including PW:S will go on the timer.

Dyno
VeteranXV
Old
4 - 03-30-2005, 17:49
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreakinMe
PW:S is a holy spell
Pretty sure shield is discipline.

Btw I've never had kick bring down a priest's shield when I use it to interrupt a heal, so that sounds like a bug with shield bash exclusively.

StreakinMe
VeteranX
Old
5 - 03-30-2005, 23:55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyno

Btw I've never had kick bring down a priest's shield when I use it to interrupt a heal, so that sounds like a bug with shield bash exclusively.
No you're still not getting it, the spell school refers to the type of magic involved NOT what tree it's on. Arcane, shadow, frost, nature, fire, holy. Those are the schools of magic, note the lack of discipline. If you sheild bash during the casting of a holy spell then all other holy spells will go on the timer regardless of what tree or line they're on.

-edit-
I probably wasn't totally clear, I'm almost positive the stuff under the discipline line get's put in as holy.

Last edited by StreakinMe; 03-31-2005 at 00:00..
Dyno
VeteranXV
Old
6 - 03-30-2005, 23:58
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreakinMe
No you're still not getting it, the spell school refers to the type of magic involved NOT what tree it's on. Arcane, shadow, frost, nature, fire, holy. Those are the schools of magic, note the distinct lack of a "discipline" school. If you sheild bash during the casting of a holy spell then all other holy spells will go on the timer regardless of what tree or line they're on.
"Still" not? I don't recall making a post about it prior to that one.

Nahaj
VeteranX
Old
7 - 04-01-2005, 10:19
Quote:

Shield is a disc spell in the book, but since there isnt a type of magic called Discipline its considered holy. since the interupt is across a spell type eg. Fire, or Holy.

StreakinMe
VeteranX
Old
8 - 04-01-2005, 11:48
Quote:
"Still" not? I don't recall making a post about it prior to that one.
If you didn't get it after I explained it then yes "still not getting it".

PessimiStick
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
9 - 04-02-2005, 04:26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahaj
Shield is a disc spell in the book, but since there isnt a type of magic called Discipline its considered holy. since the interupt is across a spell type eg. Fire, or Holy.
This is correct, even tho it's gay for priests.

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > World of Warcraft
Reload this Page Priests/Casters/Warriors someone explain shield bash mechanics

Social Website Bullshit