Yo is this game dying or is it just me? by SirBatesAlot - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar History > The Archives > Star Wars: The Old Republic
Reload this Page Yo is this game dying or is it just me?
Page 1 of 2
SirBatesAlot
VeteranX
Old
1 - 03-18-2012, 03:28
The Vulkar highway is ****ing dead. I'm going to try and play my chars out to 50 then I'm done with this game.

I would say it's just this server but looking at the other servers, none of them are very busy.

Sponsored Links
Excel
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
2 - 03-18-2012, 09:18
Seems that way . I was the only one on last night, when derping around with tradeskills periodically.

Gouge
VeteranXX
Old
3 - 03-18-2012, 12:52
The PVP servers are dying but not the PVE servers, last night on the Kaas City server at 11 PM EST there was 261 people on the fleet and my guild did a run through EV and that had 40 people running it.

Not sure how the republic side was looking but the Imperial side is strong with tons going on. I haven't had trouble yet finding a group for daily's, world bosses, HM's or OP's.

Ickz
VeteranXX
Old
4 - 03-19-2012, 00:22
Game is done with D3, GW2, and MoP being released in the coming months. With such a strong emphasis on the story/leveling, it should've been designed as F2P. Hell, it already resembles a F2P game with its heavily instanced world and lacking endgame. I'll keeps eye on future patches, but so far it's a joke.

SirBatesAlot
VeteranX
Old
5 - 03-19-2012, 12:21
Oh yeah, there's no chance I'm playing this game after D3 comes out. I may even say **** it to trying to lvl my two chars to 50 and pick up SKYRIM again until D3 is released

Brontez
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
6 - 03-19-2012, 13:04
Its just you.

The game wasn't designed from the ground up for a hard core PVP playerbase and THOSE servers will begin to die off until they get merged.

The PVE servers area thriving. I never understood why they opened so many pvp servers to begin with, when I played WOW on a pve server there was ****loads of PVP going on. Forcing a split of the PVP and PVE communities is always a mistake imo.

But to answer your question, no the game is not dying.

Rosencrantz
VeteranX
Old
7 - 03-19-2012, 17:02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brontez View Post
Its just you.

The game wasn't designed from the ground up for a hard core PVP playerbase and THOSE servers will begin to die off until they get merged.

The PVE servers area thriving. I never understood why they opened so many pvp servers to begin with, when I played WOW on a pve server there was ****loads of PVP going on. Forcing a split of the PVP and PVE communities is always a mistake imo.

But to answer your question, no the game is not dying.
Translation: Half the servers are dying, but they don't count, so there!

MountainDewMike
VeteranX
Old
8 - 03-19-2012, 19:17
I haven't logged-in for over 2 weeks now and don't see that changing anytime soon.

Gorlax
VeteranXX
Old
9 - 03-22-2012, 14:05
I plat on a Europe PvP server, this morning i was the only one on the planet I am currently questing... Few weeks ago we had up to 15 minutes cues to log in...

d0ur
VeteranX
Old
10 - 03-25-2012, 19:30
there was a queue tonight on The Fatman(Pvp). granted my guild is a ghost town but the server seems to be busy.

hastie
VeteranX
Old
11 - 03-26-2012, 00:10
pvp servers are pointless anyway. Most of the planets have separate questing areas for republic and empire. I got the game about a month and a half after it came out and I only saw two republic players as I leveled to 50.

Shopper47
VeteranX
Old
12 - 03-26-2012, 17:19
Quote:
Originally Posted by hastie View Post
pvp servers are pointless anyway. Most of the planets have separate questing areas for republic and empire. I got the game about a month and a half after it came out and I only saw two republic players as I leveled to 50.
Yeah I didn't really have world PVP at all until Voss and even then it was very sparse minus Voss-ka.

Got a SoR on WoW, haven't played since last Oct or so, fun having a free 80, should last a month or so until D3.

WarBuddha
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
13 - 03-28-2012, 01:21
Cancelled my subscriptions, worlds just seem....empty.

WarBuddha
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
14 - 04-12-2012, 21:39
You know how I know the game is dead?

Quote:
You are one of our most active and valued high level players and we know you have been waiting patiently for Game Update 1.2: Legacy. To show our appreciation, check out all the great new features this update has to offer-on us. We will be adding an additional 30 days of game time to your account at no charge*. The free 30 days will appear on your account by April 24, 11:59PM CDT, April 25, 4:59AM GMT.

As an added bonus, we will be awarding all active subscribers an in-game Legacy reward, the Legacy Tauntaun Ram Pet**, as our way of saying thanks for your support. The Tauntaun Ram Pet will be delivered to you via in-game mail by April 24, 2012, 11:59PM CDT/ April 25, 2012, 4:59AM GMT.
Giving away free months?

Ickz
VeteranXX
Old
15 - 04-12-2012, 22:00
Star Wars: The Old Republic Manages to Piss Off Players By Handing Out Free Game Time
Rofl, only players with a lvl 50 get the gifts.

I also like how the scrapped the rated PvP for this patch and are pushing it back. Glad I got out when I did.

d0ur
VeteranX
Old
16 - 04-13-2012, 20:51
i'm not sure i'll ever understand the short leash players give these days with new games. It's like if the game isn't to the level WoW was at the 2 yr mark in its first 3 months then it's a total failure. I'll really never get why it's put to that kind of standards.

Look at every single mmo. AoC, Warhammer, Rift, etc.. players give them a few months and if it's not perfect then it sucks and o wait here's wow's newest complete overhaul and xpac and lets go back to that for a yr. Its MMO A.D.D.

I think SWTOR is the best of all those i've tried and I dont see a huge thing with giving it *omygosh* a year to get to a point where i'm pretty happy. When i left wow i left wow. Not because i thought there was something better but because I genuinely felt wow had run it's course and it was on repeat just sucking money and promising things would be diff or new. It never was, its the same thing every major patch and xpac. I guess I just dont have the same feeling as everyone else who cant shake the crack.

aNimAL
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
17 - 04-13-2012, 20:59
Quote:
Originally Posted by d0ur View Post
i'm not sure i'll ever understand the short leash players give these days with new games.
it's a philosophical answer and it's the same with everything else in life as well

Data
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
18 - 04-13-2012, 21:24
Quote:
Originally Posted by icZer View Post
Star Wars: The Old Republic Manages to Piss Off Players By Handing Out Free Game Time
Rofl, only players with a lvl 50 get the gifts.

I also like how the scrapped the rated PvP for this patch and are pushing it back. Glad I got out when I did.
By the way, they came to their senses and changed this today. It's accounts with at least legacy level 6 now. Just FYI.

Slash
VeteranX
Old
19 - 04-14-2012, 03:16
Quote:
i'm not sure i'll ever understand the short leash players give these days with new games. It's like if the game isn't to the level WoW was at the 2 yr mark in its first 3 months then it's a total failure. I'll really never get why it's put to that kind of standards.

Look at every single mmo. AoC, Warhammer, Rift, etc.. players give them a few months and if it's not perfect then it sucks and o wait here's wow's newest complete overhaul and xpac and lets go back to that for a yr. Its MMO A.D.D.

I think SWTOR is the best of all those i've tried and I dont see a huge thing with giving it *omygosh* a year to get to a point where i'm pretty happy. When i left wow i left wow. Not because i thought there was something better but because I genuinely felt wow had run it's course and it was on repeat just sucking money and promising things would be diff or new. It never was, its the same thing every major patch and xpac. I guess I just dont have the same feeling as everyone else who cant shake the crack.
I'm going to jump in here and criticize your mentioning of warhammer.

I played WAR from early beta until a few months after release and I can assure you my good man that the biggest reason people quit that game after its release is because their development team loved to say "**** YOU" to its players. Despite how much Paul Barnett wanted you to believe otherwise. They liked to not acknowledge, address or fix known balance and bug errors. A perfect example of this would be right before I left, I was testing the Blackguard class. It was released with every known balance and bug issue from its second iteration following it. This is all despite over 500 testers bombing their closed beta test forums with reports every day about them. It is actions like these that players(like me) will report to their friends so they also know not to give their money to these close minded developers.

/Rant

Ickz
VeteranXX
Old
20 - 04-14-2012, 03:19
Quote:
If a game being released today isn't as good/polished as as a game released in 2004(?) in its second year, then yes, people have every right to label it as a failure. People need to get rid of the mentality that a new game doesn't have to be superb at release because older games within its genre weren't back when they came out.

Quote:

If you're going to copy WoW's gameplay mechanics, you better do it 100% as good and then on top of that, do something innovative and interesting. If not, why bother playing the game besides different aesthetics? SWTOR was a klunky version of WoW wearing a Star Wars halloween mask. Literally the only innovative thing it did was add some decent single player RPG story to the leveling process (which turned out to be pretty lackluster considering all they did was focus on the cinematics telling you to kill 10 rats rather than the actual killing of said 10 rats). Many of the different class abilities and mechanics were ripped directly from WoW and when they tried to do something different, like cover, it failed and had to be changed to something boring at the last minute. I was/am bored of WoW and went into TOR knowing it was going to be a clone, but really thought Bioware would be able to do something that would differentiate itself. I was wrong and they just keep pointing the Tortanic towards more icebergs and that's truly unfortunate, because it could have been something pretty awesome.

Page 1 of 2

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar History > The Archives > Star Wars: The Old Republic
Reload this Page Yo is this game dying or is it just me?

Social Website Bullshit