Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [(#)SOCCER] 2009-2010 Season Thread
Page 15 of 331
Snaps
VeteranX
Old
281 - 07-09-2009, 00:28

Last edited by Snaps; 07-09-2009 at 00:31..
Sponsored Links
KillerONE
VeteranX
Old
282 - 07-09-2009, 09:48
Nobody watched Gold Cup last night? USA vs Hon?

USA put on another good showing. Davies, Fielhaber, Beckerman and Quarenta looking really, really good.

Adu again gave up every ball that came his way and won ZERO of the 50/50's.

Defense was scary at times, Hon was able to get past a few times in the first half. We totally dominated the second half.

Cooper made his appearance, had some decent shots, but only 10 minutes to show what he's got. My guess he'll start vs Haiti.

The first goal we had was like 5 touches around the penalty box and then fired it home for a goal. Ching's header seemed like it bounced more off the defender then from him, but it came about 10min after the first, pretty devastating for Hon.

It's fun to watch this "b" team of ours play. Lotta good players. Adu is still atrocious, imo. I used to like/hope/root for him, but his form is poor as of late.

Snaps
VeteranX
Old
283 - 07-09-2009, 09:52
After seeing an exciting Confed. Cup, which I thought would be more pointless then the Gold Cup, I have no interest in watching this.

I'm just glad they used the B-team in Gold Cup this year.

Kizzak
VeteranXV
Old
284 - 07-09-2009, 09:55
was a little busy yesterday

ResolvE
VeteranXX
Old
285 - 07-09-2009, 10:24
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerONE View Post
Nobody watched Gold Cup last night? USA vs Hon?

USA put on another good showing. Davies, Fielhaber, Beckerman and Quarenta looking really, really good.

Adu again gave up every ball that came his way and won ZERO of the 50/50's.

Defense was scary at times, Hon was able to get past a few times in the first half. We totally dominated the second half.

Cooper made his appearance, had some decent shots, but only 10 minutes to show what he's got. My guess he'll start vs Haiti.

The first goal we had was like 5 touches around the penalty box and then fired it home for a goal. Ching's header seemed like it bounced more off the defender then from him, but it came about 10min after the first, pretty devastating for Hon.

It's fun to watch this "b" team of ours play. Lotta good players. Adu is still atrocious, imo. I used to like/hope/root for him, but his form is poor as of late.
i caught the last 20 min, it was a good 2nd half showing apparently lol...

Icey
VeteranX
Old
286 - 07-09-2009, 10:30
Caught some on an Internet replay, but not much. Summary from Goal.com said Adu was basically dreadful; maybe Bradley actually is right about him. Doesn't mean I'll agree about his total failure to use Torres in the Confed Cup though despite reaching the final.

Honduras brought the B-team too so it's not terribly unexpected that we came away with a decent win. Our side is definitely the deepest and most superior in North and Latin America. Now that challenge is over, it's time to consistently get into the rarefied air of Argentina and Brazil to become one of the most elite in this hemisphere.

HomeSlice
VeteranX
Old
287 - 07-09-2009, 10:33
9pm is just inconvenient time. I got **** to do.

GiftOfTheGame
VeteranXV
Old
288 - 07-09-2009, 10:47
I watched it. Beckerman, Rogers and Quarenta were good, Davies and Feilhaber were a level above everyone else on the field when they came on for the last 30, completely changed the game.
Adu was absolutely horrible, complete waste of space on the field. He might have all the technical skill in the world but it looks like he has the soccer IQ of a 5 year old.

ResolvE
VeteranXX
Old
289 - 07-09-2009, 10:48
what in the **** happened to Adu, he went to Europe and got worse?!?!

Icey
VeteranX
Old
290 - 07-09-2009, 10:53
Speaking of Davies, he's headed to France's premier league, Ligue 1. Admittedly I know nothing about association soccer in France so is it any good? From what I gather, FC Sochaux is a decent side with a ton of history but no recent titles.

If France's premier league is average I'd say it's a good fit for Davies. He's not world-class but he's got a ton of hustle and decent skill.

SuperMulletXax
VeteranXV
Old
291 - 07-09-2009, 11:03
Heath Pierce and Logan Pause are not fit to wear a US jersey. Absolutely horrible last night.

SuperMulletXax
VeteranXV
Old
292 - 07-09-2009, 11:06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaps View Post
TribalWar Fantasy Football 09/10 Season:

fantasy.premierleague.com

League ID:
37871-12075

You have until August 15th to get your teams ready.
What were the results from last season?

KillerONE
VeteranX
Old
293 - 07-09-2009, 12:34
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeSlice View Post
9pm is just inconvenient time. I got **** to do.
Ya, I wish someone would invent a way to record tv so you could watch it at a more convenient time.

KillerONE
VeteranX
Old
294 - 07-09-2009, 12:39
Quote:
Originally Posted by ResolvE View Post
what in the **** happened to Adu, he went to Europe and got worse?!?!
Ya, I don't know what the deal is. I think he left the US too early. He was still developing and was brought up on US soccer. Then he gets put into a different world of soccer. I'm not sure he plays much over there either.

Despite MLS not being the best platform for world class players, he should have stayed in MLS and built up his skill set and stat sheet before leaving.

He needs to go back to basics and he needs to go somewhere he can start and perform well. Sitting on the bench is killing the guy's career, imo.

Swallow some pride, come back to MLS and show that you're one of the best in MLS (win a title or two, lead with goals/assists), then maybe you're ready to move up.

Durak
VeteranXV
Old
295 - 07-09-2009, 12:40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icey View Post
Speaking of Davies, he's headed to France's premier league, Ligue 1. Admittedly I know nothing about association soccer in France so is it any good? From what I gather, FC Sochaux is a decent side with a ton of history but no recent titles.

If France's premier league is average I'd say it's a good fit for Davies. He's not world-class but he's got a ton of hustle and decent skill.
it's a farm league

all the good players go to england or italy

Kizzak
VeteranXV
Old
296 - 07-09-2009, 12:47
Adu's problem isn't so much that he's gotten worse as it is that he hasn't played period in the last year and a half

he played I think two friendlies for Monaco and that was it, last season for benfica he played almost nothing in the second half of the season

Infinite
VeteranXV
Old
297 - 07-09-2009, 12:48
he looks like a black ninja turtle

i think that is his main problem

ResolvE
VeteranXX
Old
298 - 07-09-2009, 12:48
he needs to come back to the MLS i guess :/

ResolvE
VeteranXX
Old
299 - 07-09-2009, 12:51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite View Post
he looks like a black ninja turtle

i think that is his main problem
that reminded me of

Snaps
VeteranX
Old
300 - 07-09-2009, 13:21
Quote:
Originally Posted by ESPN
Lynne Frank, Managing Director, ESPN, Europe, Middle East, and Africa said: "We're clearly delighted to be able to broadcast 46 Premier League matches this season on ESPN.

"We will kick off our coverage with a clash between Everton and Arsenal, live on the new ESPN channel at 5.15pm on Saturday, August 15.

"ESPN's coverage of the matches announced today will bring excitement, surprises and drama to football fans.

"We are pleased to be a part of the beautiful game, and look forward to delivering fans top quality coverage as the season unfolds."
I really hope ESPN can manage to start broadcasting some of their games over hear as well, especially their HD feeds.

Anyone know the rights agreement made between FSC & Setanta for US? I know more Setanta packages are going up for auction but I'm not sure how that is going to effect state side.

Page 15 of 331

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [(#)SOCCER] 2009-2010 Season Thread

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
a game of two halves , barca = bitter twats! , fa cup repeat , forever blowing bubbles , forza mourinho , jew stew , jews control soccer , liverpool > arsenal , odio is a fucking retard , rrriiiiisssseeeeeeeeeeee , soccer , they took my son , wheres my wife , yarr matey i banged katie , you'll never be gay alone , you'll never smoke alone , you'll never wank alone